Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85218 times)

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 2, Deliberations Continue
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2012, 11:41:10 pm »

Sox, I'm sorry: I had a question posed to you in an earlier version of a post that I later removed.  It was about your role in casting the final vote on Wrex, but it's been discussed a bit and I'm trying to keep my posts shorter.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2012, 01:12:25 am »

[re-reading this, I just realized I'm actually starting to forget that mark is even playing in my mind when I'm considering scum teams.  Is that happening to anyone else?]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2012, 01:24:57 am »

[re-reading this, I just realized I'm actually starting to forget that mark is even playing in my mind when I'm considering scum teams.  Is that happening to anyone else?]
Everyone listen on the votecount is a player and is still playing.

((markressler has been prodded))

"Sir Knight, would you mind if I said 'please stop poking my armor'? I know how much you like steel but..."

"It's so shiny!"

"...nevermind ye."

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (0) -
  • kingfisher1112 (0) -
  • markressler (1) - Nerjin
  • vodot (1) -  Kamin
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Jim Groovester, vodot, kingfisher1112, wsoxfan, markressler

Between the hour of the Raven and the Elk.

((Day 2 will end at September 13, 2012 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

30 hours, 37 minutes and ~34 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Under momentary reconstruction and maintenance! Useable if you refresh a lot.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2012, 02:21:35 am »

Extend. I still haven't had a chance to look at this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2012, 03:01:54 am »

Vodot:
1. True so hard.
2. Going a bit more defensive.
Sox: Here's a ranked list.
1: Markressler
1:Wsoxfan
1: Kamin

These are th people im torn between voting for.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2012, 10:45:03 am »

Well done markressler. Until such a time as more evidence presents itself I stand by my case that Mark is a scum. And now for flavor.
[If you think he's scum so much, what are you doing to convince everyone else of that fact?]

hypocricy
[Isn't a scumtell.]

Extend. I still haven't had a chance to look at this game.
[Lurk moar, newb.]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2012, 12:15:15 pm »

I posted along list of scum tells that I believe Mark has commited on day 1. Add to that Lurking and I think we can all agree that he's pretty suspicious.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47:58 pm »

Extend come on guys! We have to find the scum! Get back to scum-hunting and stop lurking! The only thing lurking does is help the scum!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »

Vodot: The funny thing about your "evidence" is that it would only be satisfied by a copy of the Role PM. Very cute, and hardly absolving on your part. You're pulling the "Sox Defense": Try your hardest to make a claim about yourself seem insubstantial by selectively reading it--then weakly try to turn it around on the one asking the questions.

Sox: I do think you're scum. "Why don't you just vote me?" Easy to say, but a shitty defense--I have only one vote, friend, and we both know that so you should consider being less patronizing. It really makes you look bad. You might also want to try harder before making some truly vague claim about why my attack "oozed" scumminess; it makes everything you said look pretty weak under the headlights of my Justice. Explain how my question was unjustified or scummy.

Nerjin and King: I'm hoping for a little bit more from you guys, and since you've both posted a few times since I asked, I'm starting to assume you're dodging.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »

Sox: I do think you're scum. "Why don't you just vote me?" Easy to say, but a shitty defense--I have only one vote, friend, and we both know that so you should consider being less patronizing. It really makes you look bad. You might also want to try harder before making some truly vague claim about why my attack "oozed" scumminess; it makes everything you said look pretty weak under the headlights of my Justice. Explain how my question was unjustified or scummy.
You misread what I said(understandable, I worded that very poorly). I was not saying your attack oozed scuminess, I was saying that if my vote on wrex oozed scuminess, why didn't you vote for me? However, you've already answered it already. However, you, good sir, have not answered my question. How are me, king, and vodot scum-buddies?
Mark:I've had enough. I can see through your profile that you were on eight hours ago. You are lurking your way through this while still being online. I may drop this vote once you respond, until then it stays. I hope that you either post or we get a replacement for you soon.
extend I'd really like to hear from Mark before this day ends.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »

[quote author=wsoxfan link=topic=115600.msg3605613#msg3605613 date=1347486002w
You misread what I said(understandable, I worded that very poorly). I was not saying your attack oozed scuminess, I was saying that if my vote on wrex oozed scuminess, why didn't you vote for me? However, you've already answered it already. However, you, good sir, have not answered my question. How are me, king, and vodot scum-buddies?
[/quote]
I just think that it was interesting you chose so quickly--or that's how it seemed to me. As far as you, King, and Vodot being scumbuddies, I know that is probably not the case. There's still Mark, who has indeed seemed to be lurking, and Jim, and Nerjin... So to be honest? It's hard to say. All I can assume is that there are at least two mafia, if the OP's Role List can be believed--one Godfather, one Roleblocker. There might not be either, which is possible, granted. But I highly doubt there is only one, even if one isn't anything but vanilla mafia scum. That wouldn't make sense, as the game would be imbalanced, and we haven't lynched one yet--so I assume there are at least two. As far as who they are, you can see who I suspect based on my vote and my FoS. Regardless, am I positive of who is who? No. I have not seen your guys' private Role PMs, and anything short of that is just simple deduction. Anybody who claims they have "hard evidence" of anybody in this game ever 100% being scum is blowing smoke up everybody's ass, so I am making as many useful and discerning observations as possible.

Just like when I made my first vote, I still obviously suspect Mark, especially with his OMGUS and his claim about how we would know if he was scum due to his poor grasp of English. But, as I feel we need to give everybody an equal chance, and something very well may have come up, I am willing to EXTEND. We can always vote to shorten later if he pops up soon, anyway.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »

extend

With my lack of internet access at work this is just getting ludicrously difficult. I really DO look like an impatient (the hyperactive part I already knew) ass now, looking back at the beginning of this thread.  Is there a documented dynamic of BMs called the "Noob's Lament"?  Where you look back on your early play, even in the very same thread, and just cringe at your own suck?  If not, dibs on that trademark, naming rights reserved. :)

In related news, I printed out the thread so I could at least read it when I have some time. I'm going through noting every FoS and vote, and I'm really starting to like Kamin as one of my top suspects. You've made some really interesting posts, buddy, and at some interesting times.

I know I need to back that up: I just have zero time to post right now.  Really glad we're extending, I was getting stressed thinking about the lynch and forgot we could do that.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2012, 07:43:41 pm »

In related news, I printed out the thread so I could at least read it when I have some time. I'm going through noting every FoS and vote, and I'm really starting to like Kamin as one of my top suspects. You've made some really interesting posts, buddy, and at some interesting times.
Paint me red V; nothing like an incident of poorly-disguised OMGUS to hammer the scumminess home :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »

((The DAY has been EXTENDED to MONDAY,

Also, I'm taking wsoxfan's vote in the quote as his vote. Seems he broke it.))

As the sun moved in it's natural pace in the sky, the Marshall approached the knights.

"So, lads. Have ye come up with your choice?"

"We're hungry sire!"
"No refreshments for us?"
"It's midday! Can we take a break?"
"Accursed autonomous collective rules..."

"I'm tired of waiting while justice is withheld. If I can all try you all now by my methods, then we wouldn't have this dispute."

"We're noblemen, sire and we've got our rights too. Just because you've got authority and power doesn't mean we have to grovel under you."

"I am your Marshal. Graced by Divine Right to lead the King's men in the security of the realm!"

"So says the man who killed our Quartermaster."

"Sign the paper now or I shall be forced to use my-"

"Oh come and see the violence in our system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

"Bloody p-...bah, fine. By the law and all other authority within the land I find myself unable to condemn anyone at the time of-"

"Popped corn! Get your popped corn here!"
"I'll have some!"
"Me too!"

"I don't even...Fine, have your break."

The ploy of the knights worked, though seemingly cliched and used, the Marshall did not suspect a thing. It would be the same as yesterday, awaiting the rise and set of the sun as before.

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (0) -
  • kingfisher1112 (0) -
  • markressler (2) - Nerjin, wsoxfan
  • vodot (1) -  Kamin
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Jim Groovester, vodot, kingfisher1112, , markressler

Between the hour of the Elk and the Lion.

((Day 2 will end at September 17, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

96 hours, 18 minutes and ~29 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Under momentary reconstruction and maintenance! Useable if you refresh a lot or for the first time as it seems...))

"Why don't I ever get breaks..."

"You're a bloody map!"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:23:15 am by Tiruin »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2012, 09:01:55 pm »

"Oh come and see the violence in our system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
[Oh you.]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28