Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85076 times)

markressler

• Bay Watcher
  • WHAT IS THIS, WHAT I AM DOI--
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 1, Judgement in the Archaic Fane
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 08:19:23 am »

I'd like you to answer those questions, king.
Q1: One of the IC's. Taking their vote out of the game takes an educated vote out of the game.
Q2: OMGUS.
Q3: Jim. He is an absolute veteran mafia player.

Now, answer the questions I just answered, markressler.

Q1: The less scummy one.
Q2: OMGUS. Yeah, I agree with you.
Q3: Erm, I don't know anybody and it's my first time here, so anyone would be fine.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 10:58:46 am »

Lets's go.
Nerjin: If you were mafia, who would you kill?
Kamin: What do you think the most scummy thing someone can do is?
vodot: Who would you like most as your scumbuddy?

I'd want the most experienced player here. I don't actually know who that happens to be, but I'm suspicious its Jim Groovestar. In a beginner's game, I'd gladly ride someone else's coattails to glory, not to mention the learning experience it would provide.

Jim, as one of the most experienced players here, how do you plan on reconciling your role in giving advice with your need to avoid the impression that you are scummerifically masterminding the downfall of this hapless newbie town, you scummy scum?

Karmin, if you had a oneshot kill but you had to use it RIGHT NOW, who would it be?

Wrex, It's you, me and Kamin on Day 10. You're the last scum, and we're 75% certain it's you. What do you do?

What do YOU do in the above scenario, Kamin?

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:23 am »

All this questions make me feel like I'm less than a newbie, haha.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:13 am »

Shakerag-it's day 4. There are two people besides you left. One is not scummy, but a person who was voting him was nightkilled. The second player seems scummy, and you were voting him in the last round. Who would you vote for? (essentially, if you were in Hapah's position in the endgame of BM XXXIV, what would you do?)
markressler-if you could be any role that you wanted, which role would you be?
kamin-if you were the doctor, how would you choose how to save a player?

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 11:25:05 am »

Shakerag-it's day 4. There are two people besides you left. One is not scummy, but a person who was voting him was nightkilled. The second player seems scummy, and you were voting him in the last round. Who would you vote for? (essentially, if you were in Hapah's position in the endgame of BM XXXIV, what would you do?)
markressler-if you could be any role that you wanted, which role would you be?
kamin-if you were the doctor, how would you choose how to save a player?

Any town role. I'm obvious when I'm scum.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:24 am »

Lets's go.
Kamin: What do you think the most scummy thing someone can do is?

I'm not going to answer that question. Mainly because if I do then I'm dead. If I said for example "I say -Player- because -reasons-" then the scum will just kill -Player- and then the next day you'd say something along the lines of "When I asked -Question- on day 1 you said -Player- and now they're dead. You obviously had something to do with it." Sorry but that seems like a really dangerous question to answer.

I will however answer the non-suicide question to make up for that. Namely the second one: I feel like the most scummy thing someone can do is to lurk. Trying to stay out of sight would really help in not getting caught [I.E. The last B.M.] So I'm against that sort of thing.

-Snip
-snip-

That's an odd question to ask. If he was scum then he'd just say "Oh whomever I know isn't scum." because that leaves his real scum partner free of charge and guarantees that whichever townie is doomed the next day on a lynch. If he isn't scum that just puts him on the block if the person he wants happens to flip scum.

Now if I may ask you some questions sirs?

vodot Why are you voting Jim? Is it random? Are you trying to get rid of the experienced person up-front so that he can't do more damage to your scum based activities?
markressler Why would you claim to be obvious while scum? Are you trying to throw us off your tracks?
Kingfisher Why did you ask so many "Answer honestly for a suicide" questions? Seriously answering those questions honestly basically gives the mafia a free kill or so. What were you trying to get out of them?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 11:57:38 am »

@Nerjin nope, but I see your point. I'm just answering the question based on my past games.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 11:59:45 am »

[Good day, newlings.  Jim has a fantastic opening speech for these games, so I won't go into much detail right now.]

[You may note that I'm speaking in square brackets.  This is my personal choice to indicate that I'm speaking to you as an IC and not a player.  Anything I say in brackets you can take to be straight advice that is not biased by game information.]

[We here at Bay12 start off the day in the RVS phase.  Here you randomly vote a player and throw out some questions to get discussion started.  This continues until some player spots something, anything suspicious in an answer, and the questions shift from random (yet game-related) questions to questions about behavior in the current game.  You may find it helpful to ask questions that could become relevant later in the game.  I.e. if you ask a player what they would do in situation X as town, and that situation comes up later in the game and they do something different, you may be able to refer back to your RVS question when building a case on that player.]

[Absolutely don't be afraid to ask questions.  This is the most appropriate time and place to be asking questions.  Keep active, moderate your humor, and if you edit your post I will fuck you with a shovel.]

I'd like you to answer those questions, king.
[Try to come up with your own content/questions.  If this wasn't a beginner's game, you would have been dragged over the coals already.]

Yarr! Avast, ye heretics!
Suck it, scumbucket.  [Please note, Dariush is not playing.  Do not feed the Dariush.]

Q1: The less scummy one.
The less scummy one what, markressler?

In a beginner's game, I'd gladly ride someone else's coattails to glory, not to mention the learning experience it would provide.
[And you'd get lynched for it long before victory.]

[Your first game(s) will likely be horrible.  The ICs are here to help make sure your non-beginner's games won't be.]

[Most people in RVS will ask between one and four questions per post.  I'm going to tag everyone just for the sake of getting everyone involved.]

Nerjin: It's D2 and you're a cop.  You got a town result on someone last night.  You do not know if there are any other power roles.  There are seven players left including yourself.  Do you claim your result today?

wsoxfan: It's N1 and you're a doc.  Your top scumpick was lynched, and you have pretty poor reads on everyone else.  Re-reading through the thread, what do you look for to help you decide who to protect?

Kamin: It's 3-player LYLO, and you're a vanilla townie.  Both remaining players have claimed they're the doc.  Neither claim has any obvious holes in it.  How do you decide who to trust?

kingfisher1112: You're scum, and your scumbuddy is telling you that he's reasonably sure the person voting him (who he is voting for already) is the cop.  You have reason to believe there is a doc in the game.  Do you risk being called on chainsawing to mislynch the cop, or try to take him out at night?

markressler: You're a cop who hasn't claimed.  You're in 3-person LYLO.  You have inspected both remaining players as town.  How do you decide which to lynch?  Also, do you claim?

vodot: It's D2, and you're a cop.  The person who you inspected as scum is tied with another player in votes.  Do you claim?

Wrex: It's D2, and you're a doc.  Your protect was not triggered last night. You're tied with another player in votes.  Do you claim?

Jim Groovester: Did you ever think that newbie from BM27 would be ICing with you in a future game?  Also, if you were a godfather and there was a guaranteed cop in the game, would you modify your gameplay?

PPE:
Something that wouldn't get me smacked upside the head with a shovel.  By that I mean that I would be doing what any good player should be doing in LYLO - grilling both of the players left and heavily re-reading the thread to make sure I'm voting scum. 

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 12:10:14 pm »

@markressler If you cut my pinky in half that is the size of the FOS I throw at you.

-snip-

Nerjin: It's D2 and you're a cop.  You got a town result on someone last night.  You do not know if there are any other power roles.  There are seven players left including yourself.  Do you claim your result today?
-snip-

I would not claim my result on D2. That could be key information later on and claiming that early on for something as small as a town result would just get me killed. So I'd be putting my neck into a wood chipper for no reason. However if I were 100% sure that I was about to be fed into the chipper [or however we get lynched in this game. I personally vote for the wood chipper idea. It's silly AND zany.] then I would claim. It's better for me to help the town in death than to just go silently and leave one more guy open to suspicion.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »

@Shakerag I said that I'd kill the less scummy player in that situation.

To your question, I'd read the entire game again, to see if one of them slipped. I'd claim, I don't want the maf to impersonate my role and convince the other player that I'm scum. Would try not to believe them at all until I'm completely sure what I'm doing.

wsoxfan It's D2, you are cop. Doc was lynched D1 or killed N2. Everybody's voting you. Do you claim?

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 12:26:39 pm »

Just do your best, Mark... no lame Excuses.

All, major apologies, but I'm Requesting Replacement.  This weekend IRL rose up and bit me in the ass to the point where I'm not going to be able to play a high-quality game for at least two months.

PPE (I):
vodot Why are you voting Jim? Is it random? Are you trying to get rid of the experienced person up-front so that he can't do more damage to your scum based activities?

I'm suggesting that he might serve the town better dead than alive, yes.  A dead Jim is still our IC, minus all of his potential scummery.

...If I said for example "I say -Player- because -reasons-" then the scum will just kill -Player- and then the next day you'd say something along the lines of "When I asked -Question- on day 1 you said -Player- and now they're dead. You obviously had something to do with it...

... If he was scum then he'd just say "Oh whomever I know isn't scum." because that leaves his real scum partner free of charge and guarantees that whichever townie is doomed the next day on a lynch. If he isn't scum that just puts him on the block if the person he wants happens to flip scum....

Oh Nerjin, your rationale is slimy and smells of odorlessly poisoned WINE— I'd bet my life on it.

Answer the questions.

PPE (II):
vodot: It's D2, and you're a cop.  The person who you inspected as scum is tied with another player in votes.  Do you claim?

Assuming this setup?  No. If I know there's a doctor, then possibly; but even then, what guarantees that the doctor believes me and saves me N2?  Halving the ranks of the scum is attractive, but I don't think it would be worth losing the cop for the rest of the game.

Now, if I get 'em both, then I claim and try like hell to sway the town without sounding like a scummy scummuffin.  That might be more difficult here than it is in-person, though.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 12:38:40 pm »

Oh Nerjin, your rationale is slimy and smells of odorlessly poisoned WINE— I'd bet my life on it.

Answer the questions.

What questions? You didn't ask any questions. You basically said "You are scum because I said." Give me a question to answer and I'll answer it vodot Also, if you are voting for me it has to be in Red.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 01:04:29 pm »

What questions? You didn't ask any questions. You basically said "You are scum because I said." Give me a question to answer and I'll answer it vodot Also, if you are voting for me it has to be in Red.

Lets's go.

I'm not going to answer that question.

That Question, Nerjin.  *sigh* And way to not defend your fermented rationale.  Aaaand thanks for the blue text, sans explanation.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 01:18:08 pm »

-snip
That Question, Nerjin.  *sigh* And way to not defend your fermented rationale.  Aaaand thanks for the blue text, sans explanation.

The blue text is “Finger of Suspicion” to my knowledge. Sorry about that. I forget this sort of thing from time to time. It just means I’m suspicious of you but not quite so much as to actually vote you.
My reasoning for not answering the question is this:
The goal of scum is to kill as many players as quickly as possible right?
So they’d want to lynch like crazy true?
So if I said I’d kill “X” then I’d answer the question. Simple enough. However “Y” the scum knows this now. So that night he kills “X”. Everyone else, including Y, would know about my “desire” to lynch “X”. So then I’d be on the chopping block. Then I die freeing up “Y” to kill again the next night with a net-loss of about 4 [2 lynches, me, and the next night kill.]
I just don’t think giving the scum that sort of opportunity is wise.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 01:49:10 pm »

And now the witch-Hunt begins.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28