Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85036 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »

Was my read on Kamin too vague? Sorry. I thought when you asked for a "read" you just meant my basic thoughts. Could you gimme a bit to find the stuff?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »

Well hopefully Kamin will flip which'll give us another day. We could always get lucky. Right?

Things like this, always asking IC excessively, buddying. Also, you say you hope to "get lucky" on Kamin, like he's set in stone to lynch today; it's just bad luck if he isn't scum. I say you're careless with your votes, with no real reasoning behind them.
Ic’s are there to be asked questions. How is it buddying if I take advantage of that? He’s the only one left. The only one I can ask.
Well let’s look at the facts on your second point. #354 is my main reasoning for the vote switch. I find the fact that he attacks a man who CANNOT DEFEND himself pretty scummy. Sox was leaving the game so Kamin saw a weak defenceless victim who he could accuse of lurking and what have you. Sure Vodot has made some tells [check my earlier posts on the subject. I’d direct you to them but I get the feeling that you haven’t read the entire thread.]

Nerjin, here's an idea: Who is more likely than you to be Kamin's scummate, and why?

I think it's most likely you. You've seen how badly he's set himself up by being a bad player and now your bussing him to make everyone else see you as an untainted saint for ridding them of the evil scum of Kamin. However I think you're scum-telling as opposed to Kamin's awful gameplay style.

unshorten

Actually, I think it is better to let this one play out.

Two minutes after you wanted to shorten? Did you even think that move over? Why were you so eager to shorten in the first place?  It seems like a foolish move to make during LYLO. You say in #337 that you are trying to win quickly. But the only person who can be sure that they win if Kamin is lynched is a scum. After all if we lynch kamin and he is scum than we still have one more to get. But if he isn't scum and you are then by shortening you win. I'm pretty sure that's what you're getting at Vodot

-snip-

Nerjin, give me your read on Kamin.

I'm thinking Kamin may be scum. He is giving tells but some of those could be considered just a bad player move. I'm still not 100% convinced that he is scum though. But he is my second pick.

*kamin bullshit*
He asked for a replacement. That's not lurking, that's a newb scum trying to deflect attention in the worst way possible. unvote So now I say Kamin / Vodot scum team.

^failed at quoting, the last text that appears to be quoted from Nerjin was posted by me and meant to be outside quoting frames. Including copy:

This is where it gets real interesting. You first say vodot is scum because he wants to shorten and lynch Kamin, essentially saying "If kamins not scum you are". Since you weren't really sure Kamin were scum, you voted vodot. That's fine, but then you go on and votes Kamin for...what again? Because he gives a shitty reason to vote? You haven't said what your "tells" were on him. Continuing, you say VODOT is his partner, but in your previous post vodot was only a suspect because there was a possibility of Kamin being innocent.

You're scum Nerjin

1. What is your reasoning for FoSing vodot?

2. What is your tells on Kamin?

And a third one for Jim, you asked the same question regarding Kamin to Nerjin, why haven't you pressed him more? What do you think of Nerjin buddying you?

1.   I am FoSing him because I think he’s scum. Well that would be Penngo now wouldn’t it? I think Vodot/Penngo is scum as well but the whole “attack a defencless man” bit is just too scummy to overlook.
2.   Well let me direct your attention [as well as Jim’s] to a few posts made by other people so I don’t Wall of Text [have I already?] because I feel they’ve said it better than I could. While at first I thought several of the points could be explained away after a bit more careful examination I find that they’re probably right. Posts #247 [parts I do disagree with but most is fine] and #267. Basically he does a lot of weak cases, OMGUS, WIFoM, Lurking, and plus the part that threw it over the edge, accusing someone of using “personal troubles” as an excuse to lurk.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:45 pm »

Only footsteps could be heard, as the group proceeded in single file down yet another winding passage.

"He's hiding something about this place. Don't you see how he ended the story?"

"I wouldn't blame him. It's been a long journey until here, and boredom tends to dull the sense of time, Sire."

"Humph. At least he didn't say anything about the shadows and the lurkers."

"Hmm? Is that another folktale or summ'at?"

"Aye." The leader said, cutting all chatter with his deep voice. Whether he heard the whole conversation or the last part of it is uncertain.

"Stories say that even in the day, there are shades who plague the thinking of the living. Scions of magical birth, and a dubious end, any coherent thinking is destroyed by one afflicted by a Shade, and any conversation or flow of notion is broken -- Shades which exist in places where the veil between the living and dead is lifted. This is my guess on what is interfering with us."

"Shades, Sire?"

"Aye, lurking in the dark. As the old adage goes, 'See no evil, tell no evil; hear no evil, speak no evil.' No doubt I also suspect that the dead are watching us as we speak, if we...are speaking, that is."

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • Pranz (1) - Kamin
  • Kamin (2) - Jim Groovester, Nerjin
  • penngo009 (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Pranz, penngo009

The hour of the Owl.

((Day 3 will end at October 1, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

9 hours, 13 minutes and 28 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 1
Shorten requests: 1

2 votes needed to extend the day
3 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.))

((NOTE: If 1 extension and 1 shorten is made, the request is nullified as said in the OP.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:49:26 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 01, 2012, 06:37:14 am »

((One hour and twenty minutes remaining.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:32 am »

Unvote vote Pranz

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 01, 2012, 07:59:14 am »

Shorten

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!
« Reply #396 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:09 am »

"I can't take this silence! We've been moving through these blasted corridors and arched passages, including the vaulted hallways for- what, hours?"

"Calm down, lad! We've not even reached the Chambers yet and you're acting all fidgety!"

"Our leader speaks the truth! I can hear them!"

"Oh, I can hear them too. And I'm wearing a fake mustache and know how to dance the Tango with my left arm behind my back."

The leader stops and turns around with a bemused expression. "I- what? Bah, Map! Mark Sir Rynhart. Only a Templar would shy away from what he hath constructed! The dead will speak, and judge you by your word!"

The knight stepped back in apprehension as you all gaze at him, feeling the power of your leader's words echo on. A feeling of dread descends upon you all. You feel a certain tension.

Sir Rynhart bolts through the nearest passageway, and you try to follow but are stopped by the arm of your leader- how did he get in front of you again?

"Leave him be. We're near our location. Only four left, but that will do finely."

~Mafia Victory!~

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • Pranz (2) - Kamin, Nerjin
  • Kamin (1) - Jim Groovester,
  • penngo009 (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Pranz, penngo009

The hour of the Owl.

((Day 3 will end at October 1, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

0:00:00

Judgement has been invoked.

Extension requests: 1
Shorten requests: 2

2 votes needed to extend the day
3 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.))

Pranz has been lynched! He was a Vanilla Townie!

Sir Henry "wsoxfan//Pranz" Rynhart

You are a Knight of the Iridescent Flame {Normal Town}, one of the recent neophytes in the monastic order. You have always been known to be loyal to the King and to his vassals, now having the power to speak your own in their presence. However, due to recent events, your only weapon now would be your tongue and your oath of chastity.

((You are of the Town Faction! You cannot act at Night, being a Vanilla//Normal Townie))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:15:59 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!
« Reply #397 on: October 01, 2012, 08:23:37 am »

As requested by one of the players. Background music!

It is strange.

Strange, that despite everything you have gone through, only four remain. From the nine that were chosen, it would have been a peaceful trial, with words given and lost as the only casualty. Yet death leers it's ugly head, and this time, you weren't ready.

A few more steps, and the journey ends. You find yourselves in a vast chamber flanked with columns of smooth towering granite, depicting engravings of an earlier age. At the middle of the chamber lies an altar, somehow lit by it's own existence in a radiant blue.

As you approach the altar, you hear the tortured sound of metal echo behind you, and see the only exit shut itself from the outside, but your leader beckons on, pointing towards the altar.

Sir Locke is the first to speak, holding up Map and tapping the altar. "This is the place, then? The final deliberation?"

The leader replies. "Oh no, you're quite safe now. You can discard the wreath."

"Wreath?"

"The one you call, 'Map'. Notice that he has the feel of parchment, yet at the end of everyday, a name is marked in red? He is my pet. My companion. My tool. He tried to warn you on the first day, but I made sure that you'd take no other clue than that."

The leader smiles, and you see two of your companions have not reached the altar.

"Sir Creyn, Sir Zatheras. What are you two doing? Explain this nonsense!"

"Ahh, Sir Theras. Despite your wisdom, you couldn't prevent the death of your friends."

"I- what? You two are the Templars? Impossible!"

"We did not kill them," 'Nerjin', known as Creyn, replies. "And this is where you die."

"This is under peace! We wish you no harm in this manner!"

'Kamin', known as Zatheras, hefted his Morningstar as he pointed at the leader. "Yet it is his."

You all turn to see the very man who led you to this place: to the Fane and through all the tedious days and nights here, standing behind the altar. An aura with colors unlike anything ever seen enveloping his body.

"Yes, my friends. I am the wizard, hardly thought you would've noticed with all the clues."

"We know, well, knew. But this is hardly the case anymore, is it?" Kamin replies.

penngo009, known as Locke, brings out his sword and points it at the two. "It is the case! You will kill us in cold blood? Like- like you did for the rest?"

"It will not be I who did so, sire." Nerjin said, "My friend watches over me, and we will return absolved."

With that, the two rush the remaining survivors of the Iridescent Flame, easily disarming them and knocking them out with the haft of their weapons.

Turning to the leader, Kamin speaks. "The deal is done. No more pretending. No more lies. You stop the killing, and return to us our promise from long ago."

"What promise?"

"That one? About memory and whatnot?"

"Oh, right."

The leader steps over the fallen bodies of penngo009, and Jim Groovester, now known as Theras, and sweeps his hands over their temples, muttering silently.

"It is done, carry them back to the surface and reclaim your reward. Nothing shall stop you, for no man will remember."

~~~

The day comes, and the crowd watches on as the Marshall and his men attack the doors of the Keep of the Mountain Fane.

"Harder, ye dogs! The door may be locked from the inside, but we will have the traitorous scum soon enough! Harder!"

"Halt!"

Sir Rynhart's voice calms the crown as an oaken beam is lifted from the inside and the doors are opened, showing him and another -- Sir Xavier.

"We have been attacked, milord," he says, holding his colleague's limp body. "Hundreds...no, thousands of shadows coming from the walls. Nearly drove me mad, but I managed to get out of the hellhole-"

"Hold it, what hellhole? There is no passage anywhere in the fane which crosses the hard bedrock which nestles it."

"A- That passage! There-"

"No need, Sir Knight."

All eyes are drawn to four knights emerging from the Great Hall, two carrying the other two.

"It has been dealt with. The shadows were nothing but the spirits of justice. We have found the perpetrators, and they have been dealt with. Sir Alarei, if you may, return us to our standing."

As if mystified, the Marshal draws his sword. Drawing it in such a way that no ill will is meant as he takes the two and blesses the rest.

"Ye have done well, knights. I had thought the trials be lost, and had a whole regiment ready to charge into wherever ye had gone, but it seems ye are now safe, aye? Thy leader, where is he?"

"He was...the culprit. We sealed the passage, gave him the Amontillado treatment. A befitting way of ending this."

The Marshal nods as he gestures to Sir Rynhart, ordering him to sheath his blade and help with the festivities to follow.

The day draws to a close after a long period of revelry and mirth, where the bodies of the slain are put to rest in their final place just outside the Mountain Fane.

Ye see a memorial, made out of the finest marble we can afford. On it lies the names of those who have been tried, and died at this momentous occasion.

Sir George "markressler//webadict" Mendel
- Had an herb, lost his word. His life was forfeit. He shall be missed.

Sir Wilhelm "Shakerag" Conricht
- Of finest blade, lost his spade. He is buried in the grounds he lived in.

Sir Richard "Wrex" Gavorn
- The keys of knowledge, life in thy hands. He lives on in our memories.

May ye be remembered, forsooth, Justice has claimed thine lives in the conflict. Yet hope shines forth and Providence is deemed to be determined in truth.

The rays of the setting sun cover the land, and in the distance on King's Road, a carriage moves. It's driver being one of the merchants servicing the Fane, while it's passengers being the two knights who arrived, victorious.

"So, Nerjin. Sounds like a mighty fine sobriquet. When we meet the King, it will be good to know that he expects our presence."

"Aye, I actually had it in for ye. What happened anyway?"

"It was our leader, he was the wizard who had caused all this -- controlling the ways of the land while keeping an eye out for potential sources of power. Power by which, you had."

"I killed them?"

"Technically. We did leave that old heretic though. I managed to jam the lock of the doors as he was coming back up, explaining why he didn't, actually."

"Well, all's good in the end, I suppose. At least those knights had what was coming to them. A good burial and an honorable word from the Marshal."

"Are ye ready?" the coachman said. "The Capital is on the horizon!"

"Dariush! You old dog. We know that!" Nerjin said. "You were the juice vendor all along. Can't say I love your work, but it seems it did the job!"

No reply was made, but the smile of the Spymaster. No blood shed but a day's work done.

Sir Thead whistles a merry tune in tandem with the horses' trot, for they were headed for the King himself, and there was nobody to stop them.

~The End~
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:38:37 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 01, 2012, 08:24:53 am »

Scum chat!

Dead chat! - which I probably shouldn't have put up due to...well.

Spoiler: Cast of XXXVI (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Actions -- Scum (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night Actions -- tl;dr (click to show/hide)

I was secretly rooting for the town. -_-

Somehow, I feel like I messed something up...not @ the game but still something.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:49:45 am by Tiruin »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:02 am »

Unvote vote Pranz
Ahh, ye olde classic scum maneuver.  Well played.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 01, 2012, 09:58:25 am »

Bastard. That happened to me in my first game. I had the guy marked as scum, then he tied the vote five minutes from day end.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 01, 2012, 11:35:52 am »

Well fuck me. Why wasn't my vote counted? in it's orignal quoted form i marked Nerjin in red.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:33 pm »

I don't think votes in quotes are typically counted, because it would be a huge pain in the ass in any game with hammers (you would have to manually read every quote you insert and remove any votes). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

And basically, mods are humans like the rest of us, and you want to make life as easy for them as possible: keep the votes outside of quotes and spoilers. Heck, mods miss votes that are out in plain sight from time to time. You did good to repost, but I can't fault Tir for missing it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 01, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »

Please allow me to quote something from scum chat "Yes! YES!" Also... What was the deal with the templars? Why did they go crazy like that? Is it them or some higher power?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 01, 2012, 03:01:16 pm »

Also good game. Anything I could have done better on?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28