Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Back to Science (the spoiler stone research center)  (Read 7632 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: This time for real
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 07:31:38 am »

Wot's a recursive minecart?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 07:35:12 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=708 Apparently yes it's still minable. I suppose bragging rights, then? I don't see any material value for it :D
I do see in the raws note that it's supposedly intended to be able to be made into rock sword but wasn't implemented.

And a slade bin? Sounds like an interesting mod ha

Wot's a recursive minecart?

When you fills a minecart with stuff, then fit it into another minecart and fill it up, then fit it into another minecart. Last I heard you could fit two minecart into one and have some space for bars left.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 07:44:08 am »

Great news, as well. The Luck is with me, and my first embark this version has a slade quarry just itching to be exploited mined! It's also got a river, no aquifer, and it's in a savage biome, so I'll be quite busy with this fort.

Edit: AND PEREGRINE FALCON PEOPLE!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:46:10 am by ASCIt »
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:56 am »

If not already in your plans, you should do some testing to compare stone-fall traps using slade vs using granite vs using talc (or some other non-dense stone). :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »

Lignite and jet are the lightest of the stones, being a little heavier than glumprong. Raw adamantine is lighter still, and is actually probably the easiest of the three to find.

Now that gravity has a more influential effect on Dwarf Fortress, the uses grow ever so more :P
Gravity is a little too influential, if skull-crushing XXsmelly socksXX are anything to go by.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »

2 of my embarking crew like slade. PTW.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 07:29:58 pm »

Is it possible for a dwarf to make an artifact slade weapon (warhammer)? Just get a lot of weaponmakers, put them in a burrow with a workshop, food, and slade, and wait for a strange mood.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »

The problem being that slade technically counts as both a stone and a metal (iirc), so it can't actually be used properly as either. You can only make furniture because metal ores also count as stone, methinks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:50 pm »

The problem being that slade technically counts as both a stone and a metal (iirc), so it can't actually be used properly as either. You can only make furniture because metal ores also count as stone, methinks.
Woah, metal and stone? So a slade warhammer can be achieved via mooding in vanilla?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:58 pm »

Woah, metal and stone? So a slade warhammer can be achieved via mooding in vanilla?
Yeah I think I saw some guy post a screenshot of a slade warhammer adorned with candy spikes on an artifact thread.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:49 pm »

Yeah I think I saw some guy post a screenshot of a slade warhammer adorned with candy spikes on an artifact thread.

And that is horrifying. If I remember correctly, slade warhammers are basically god's tools.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 11:02:42 pm »

And that is horrifying. If I remember correctly, slade warhammers are basically god's tools.

Look at it this way: goblin golf can still exist in vanilla.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 11:05:08 pm »

Goblin incineration is what it would be. Slade warhammers are extremely powerful against anything.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:34 pm »

Goblin incineration is what it would be. Slade warhammers are extremely powerful against anything.

A Slade warhammer behaves like what HollisticDetective did in 40D.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 02:10:50 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=823 this bug? I think it's been fixed in current versions, whenever rock bars was fixed, possibly. Though I wouldn't know, I don't run metalworking industry too much, much less for furnitures
Pages: 1 [2] 3