Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Fanfiction: The RPG  (Read 11613 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction: The RPG
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 12:55:33 am »

Quote from: Fanfiction RPG
Your character can have a total of five Infinite Abilities and/or Powers. If you want to you can choose an Obligatory Weakness for your character, who will then get an extra Ability or Power.
To clear up the confusion on the number of Abilities and Powers. It goes without saying that we've been taking multiple Obligatory Weaknesses for multiple bonuses. Also, Irenicus is Xeron's character.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 12:57:47 am »

here we go with the argument. Derail ahoy

This is the conductor speaking, we are in for a rough ride. Hold tight and do your best not to become involved.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 01:06:27 am »

Posting to watch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 10:22:54 am »

Nevermind me.Go on.Soz if i caused tourble and stuff.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »

Wait. If we can have multiple weaknesses, I'd like to add a couple more.

-Angsts at climactic moments
-Fatal Attraction (friendly towards all animals, even ones that want to eat his face)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012, 01:13:30 pm »

The World
Before you start playing, the players and GM must agree on an original work that the adventure is afanfic of.

I propose Battleworld, populated by our characters, each from whatever verse we want rather than stock Marvel characters, with the role of Beyonder to be played by the GM, and the villain/npc slots to be filled out by the GM once it's become established whether and which players are heros or villains.

Whatever interdimensional Beyonder-expy you want is running around grabbing creatures from various universes to test some proposition about the nature of love, desire, self-identity, etc. Since said interdimensional creature is above such things, he can't think of any better way to test it than by having people of various beliefs fight it out.

Just like Beyonder trying to learn about desire, the Star Trek episode with Abraham Lincoln, etc.

We're not all Marvel characters because our Beyonder-expy is so beyond the traditional 3 dimensional human sort of experience, that he can't easily differentiate trivial little things like us being from difference universes. If you walked into the grocery store to pick out a bunch of apples, would it ever occur to you to check whether each of the individual apples were from the same orchard? Of course not. It never occurred to the being who brought us here to check whether we were from the same universe. Why would it matter?

Tell me if this is good.

One day Molly was at school being really bored by her boring teacher Mr. Morgan. Suddenly she was teleported to a giant space station. "Wow, there are a lot of strange creatures here!" Molly said. "It is like they were all from different dimensions." A female voice started talking. "Welcome to my space station. My full name is too alien for any of you to understand, so you can call me Zefranifer. I called you all here because I see potential in all of you here. Later I will send you all to a planet I made, and you will fight until the best of you rises above the rest. That one will get the ultimate reward from me. Before that, I have a feast for all of you. Because I don't know what you eat, I will let you use my anything-maker. But you will have to wait in line to use it, because I only have one." Batman uses the machine to get tea and crumpets. Spiderman uses it to get tea and crumpets, too. She has a great idea when Molly is up. Molly uses the machine to get electric kanatas. Later, it is Ghostie the ghost's turn. Ghostie wishes for a toolkit full of metal parts and tools.

Who is Molly? Exactly. A pointless character we don't need, that's who Molly is. I didn't want to start the story off from my own character's perspective, so I made a character to represent the fictitious fan fiction writer (or his crush). Hopefully you guys don't mind me inserting her as a main character. In case it isn't obvious, Zefranifer is supposed to be our Beyonder rip-off. Note that you don't have to actually eat what you get from the anything-maker - Zefranifer doesn't know the difference between eating a katana and swinging it around. Also, please don't use the anything-maker to gain total omnipotence; that would ruin a perfectly good plot hole.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:54:49 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »

@Our good pirate bird

Yes.

@All of yeh
I'm doing the turn now.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 04:11:01 pm »

CHAPTER 1: ARRIVAL

Nyte, Reisen, John Smith, Xavier, John McCool and Irenius wake up in a huge space staton just off of da moon. Dey of them look arund at the station. Its really big, and it's really cool. Beside them, they see a Vampire, who's really hot.

"My names Darkness. What's Urs?"

U culd totally see the cutting scars on his rists, nd he wore all blak. He had on a sexy lethar jaket and a blak studded belt. His pants wer tight blac lethr, wich let you tell his u-now-wut was rly big! Suddnly, a voice came thru the staton.

"Do now why I brot U here? I brout U here to fite the forces of evil!"

Darkness sighed sexily, b4 walking off. Sudenly, A ghost nd a girl walked up 2 then.

What are you going to do?

ATHUOR NTOE:
OMG PLZ RATE BUT DOn'T STEEL! >:(

So, should I write it like I'm actually trying, or as a bad fanfic? It's kind of painful for me to write it as a bad fanfic.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:31:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 04:58:31 pm »

((I'd say write with proper grammar and spelling while still including the elements common to badfics that aren't encompassed by those aspects of it. Except for IC dialogue))

Xavier strikes an accusatory pose while exclaiming, "Hey! DAT GAI STOAL MY THEME! Im da only wun dat can feel reel payne!"

He then asks the ghost girl what's going on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012, 05:11:06 pm »

I agree with Flying dice.

Joe McCool addresses the others around him, exclaiming "Yo yo yo, home-shizzles! Wassup? I be Joe McCool, the most happenin' homie G around! What be goin' down in this space-stayshizzle?"

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012, 05:18:04 pm »

Ghost and girl, not ghost girl. Though I am planning to be inconsistent with gender pronouns for Ghostie. Also, I mostly agree with Flying Dice.

"What is going on?" Xavier asked.

"Hi, my name is Molly" said Molly.

"And my name is Mike Soul, but you can call me Ghostie" said Ghostie.

Then Molly said "we should make a team so we can win the ultimate prize together. Oh, it looks like it is your turn to get something from the anything-maker."

Then Molly heard Joe McCool, and then Molly was in love with Joe McCool. "You are hot, Joe McCool. Do you want to be on our team so we can win the ultimate prize together?" Molly said.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:36:02 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »

Suddenly, Missy burst through an airlock using the rocket thrusters she totally used to fly into space with to fly into the room.
"U comies left me on erth! PROBIBILITI OF COMIE SUCES! ZERO PERSENT!"

Standby to receive hugs from civvies.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2012, 06:22:20 pm »

anything-maker

: "Oh! I'm going to make a puppy!"

Nyte gleefully bounded up to the anything maker and asked it nicely to please make her a puppy. Overcome with love for her, the anything-maker happily complied, giving her the bestest, most affectionate and lovable puppy ever!

: "Arf!"

Nyte named her puppy Nix, and the two lived happily ever after. Until about two minutes later Nyte realized that Nix had no toys to play with!

: "Poor little Nixie-puppy has no toys! I has a sad! Please, Mr. anything-maker, would you make some nice toys for the most wonderful and bestest puppy in the whole world?"

Sure enough, the friendly anything-maker made a nice ball and a chew toy for Nix.

: "Yay for puppy toys! Thank you Mr. anything-maker!"

And they lived happily ever after.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012, 06:26:55 pm »

((Wait, am I in?))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher