Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86141 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2012, 01:27:43 am »

As I always have trouble remembering Supernatural's roles and powers, I made this cheat sheet to help me along. I post it here for posterity and hoping it will help others in the future.

Updated to include this Semi-Bastard, and slightly trimmed to keep it under the 40kb limit.

Supernatural I: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59269.msg1403502#msg1403502
Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Supernatural II: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62587.msg1532494#msg1532494
Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Supernatural III: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74938.msg1941967#msg1941967

Supernatural IV: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89665.msg2644008#msg2644008

Supernatural V: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106608.msg3368476#msg3368476

Supernatural RP: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78693.msg2157171#msg2157171

Supernatural Semi-Bastard: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115529.0

Supernatural Discussion: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57774.0
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 03, 2012, 04:07:15 am »

So, one of True Majesty would know that the way to get inside is to Command others to their Deaths for his gain. For that is what Rulers must do. A harsh lesson learned early.
That is actually... absolute bullshit. 'Majesty' is not a property of the royalty, it is their title. That would make much more sense if it read 'only True Majesty would know...'.

My initial thought was that if someone willingly sacrificed themselves, that would be a key to being judged worthy.  Whoops.  Funny that the devil got taken out by random chance.
Heh, that's what I thought too.

Meph, did the skull do anything?

Also, epic game, even if the flavor was a bit wonky and balance was kinda bad. I'm looking forward to more bastards from you. :D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2012, 11:09:05 am »

1) What was that about the water in the bowl? What hidden bastardry did you have waiting for us there?

No, he just specified that he wanted to sample the water.

2) Had Tiruin gone for Imiknorris as target, instead of Jim (popular guy, btw! if not for Org's superpower, all three killers would have targeted him N3!), he would have killed him, leaving only Tiruin and I alive D4, yes? If so, how would the day develop? He was unlynchable, but I wasn't about to vote myself, so how would I be compelled to touch an orb?

The Statue would have forced you to touch the Orb, since you'd be the only left who could Activate it.

3) Likewise, if Imiknorris had gone for Tiruin instead of Jim, it'd be just the two of us D4, neither unlynchable, neither suicidal, incompatible wincons... what would have happened?

The Templar would have won. I'd probably have had him seriously injure you and then force you to touch the orb or something like that.

I was surprised that Tiruin was left alive, though, since he was an unlynchable SK at that point. I figured more people would have tried to kill him.

Mostly because he didn't seem just unlynchable, but unkillable (at least permanently). After what happened N1, I just assumed that if I killed him, he'd just eat another corpse (there were plenty of those) and get back up, so what would be the point? But yes, maybe we were too quick to dismiss it, though it really worked well in the end... depending on your answer to 3) above, not killing Tiruin could even be called optimal.
[/quote]

Yes, but I was still kind of surprised he lived. Worked out well for the two of you, at least.

So, one of True Majesty would know that the way to get inside is to Command others to their Deaths for his gain. For that is what Rulers must do. A harsh lesson learned early.
That is actually... absolute bullshit. 'Majesty' is not a property of the royalty, it is their title. That would make much more sense if it read 'only True Majesty would know...'.

Yes, it would have. But this was a Trap designed to give people a false impression of what to do. Only those who already know what to do are supposed to understand the true meaning.

Yes, it gave an extra power boost to whatever faction used it beyond what the normal sacrifice would have done. But it was used by the Ghoul, so it was basically wasted.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:58 am »

Yes, it gave an extra power boost to whatever faction used it beyond what the normal sacrifice would have done. But it was used by the Ghoul, so it was basically wasted.
You have my thanks, volunteers!  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2012, 11:11:26 am »

You wasted the skull!  You jerk!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2012, 11:13:42 am »

The Templar would have won. I'd probably have had him seriously injure you and then force you to touch the orb or something like that.
I should have killed Tiruin.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

I should have killed Tiruin.
Why didn't you anyway? It was crossed out and there was a deleted message in the Templar chat.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »

I chose Jim because I wanted to weaken the strongest faction, but didn't want to hit his protection on Dariush.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 03, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

Yes, but I was still kind of surprised he lived.
You made him unlynchable and (pretty much) unkillable, and were surprised he survived? Heheh.

Worked out well for the two of you, at least.
Yeah, I did get lucky. Thanks to Jim for being a N3 kill magnet, otherwise every other scenario would have had me dead. Better to be lucky than good, and all that. 8-)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]