Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86309 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Day 2 holds more mystery
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2012, 11:18:00 am »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush, Jim Groovester
Org: zombie urist, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday

The Statue Speaks "They have been Judged"
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Day 2 holds more mystery
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2012, 11:32:50 am »

Statue:  Is there some reason we can't know whether they were judged worthy or unworthy?

Dariush: do you want to help figure out what the fuck is going on here, or would the rest of us knowing the mechanics hinder you and the rest of the scum from winning?  Also, I'm lazy, so give me a tl;dr on your case on Bookthras.

Toaster: Interesting.  Of course, we don't know if you really did reject his offer, but from what I've seen of previous games dealing with a devil doesn't pan out terribly well.  Was there any flavor to the offer that might be relevant to the puzzle at hand?

It's been a day and a night. Is time to start speculating again?
I will admit; I was hoping for something a little more bastardly from lynching the skeleton.  In the abscence of other bastardly things afoot, it's certainly time for the ol' tried and true. 

Which I'll be getting to shortly, as RL permits.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2012, 01:23:19 pm »

PFP

What's a devil do?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2012, 01:33:55 pm »

The last one I saw could give one-shot powers in exchange for a person's "soul".  Once the devil collected three souls, it left the game with those three people and won.  I think the game continued after that point. 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2012, 02:38:53 pm »

Where is everybody?

Spoiler: What a devil does (click to show/hide)

Everyone just goes for the kill though, unless you're Bdthemag and you like fucking over your scum team.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2012, 04:17:09 pm »

pfp. midterms next wweek.

Org mentioned something anbout souls amd orbs. Org please explain what you know about souls.

Jim - it was somerthing that was suspicious.

Hapah - what did you ttry to accomplish by voting DS?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:23 pm »

Man, I mentioned a theory. Must be that I know what I'm talking about, and I wasn't just guessing!

At the whole thing with Book, was that I had posted what he had asked for and he kept missed it.
Also he was pushy with having me ask a question.

I didn't learn much in the night, and what I did learn is subject to misinformation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »

Meph:
Deathsword.

The Tally Sheet

Is this correct?

Org:
Man, I mentioned a theory. Must be that I know what I'm talking about, and I wasn't just guessing!

At the whole thing with Book, was that I had posted what he had asked for and he kept missed it.

I didn't learn much in the night, and what I did learn is subject to misinformation.

What is the point of this post?  If you're going to claim, do it.  If not, hush.  Don't just half-ass it.

Jim:
Everyone just goes for the kill though, unless you're Bdthemag and you like fucking over your scum team.

Har.  More seriously, we can't be sure the Devil acts like he does in previous games, most notably the required soul count.  Just needing two souls isn't a completely unreasonable suspicious, given the smaller size of this game compared to either of the previous two Devil games (13 and 14.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »

Hapah - what did you ttry to accomplish by voting DS?
I wanted to see if we could vote dead people, since we could vote Bones. Apparently we can't, which means he's a special case. Food for thought.

Quote from: Org
Care to elaborate?

Sorry guys, but it's been a hell of a day.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:52 pm »

Meph:
Deathsword.

The Tally Sheet

Is this correct?

Yes
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2012, 04:04:08 am »

Apologies, I've been away. I'll catch up and make a post tomorrow.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:10 am »

13 posts since 15th, two of them by mod. What the hell, people?
Dariush: do you want to help figure out what the fuck is going on here, or would the rest of us knowing the mechanics hinder you and the rest of the scum from winning?  Also, I'm lazy, so give me a tl;dr on your case on Bookthras.
'What the fuck'? Really? That's the phrasing you chose? Meph specifically said that this is a semi-bastard, while even full bastards of his are way more tame then ones done by other people. We haven't seen anything way out of ordinary either. Why the extreme overreaction? To answer your question, I intend to figure out what the not-fuck is going on here by finding scum and NOT by doing things which have been confirmed by the mod to have no effect on the gameplay. Hint-hint, skeleton-voting fucks, hint-hint. Actually wait, that wasn't entirely correct. Again I return to comparison with Meph's bastards: there was nothing we could do during the day apart from voting living people (and no-lynching), so I see no reason whatsoever to attempt to fuck our collective brain sideways by asking questions Meph can taunt us with pointless answers to instead of actually hunting scum.

My case on Book:
1) shameless bandwagon on Tiruin;
2) quotemining OB;
3) giving Jim shit about his skeleton vote while ignoring Tiruin's statue vote;
4) ignoring my questions;
5) lying about answering the aforementioned questions;
6) voting OB after he asked for replacement, bullshitly claiming that he was 'running away' (despite OB asking for a replacement in at least one other game).

That's everything major, I think.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2012, 06:32:00 pm »

Is this correct?
You really thought Meph would miss a vote in the same post that asked for a votecount?

Har.  More seriously, we can't be sure the Devil acts like he does in previous games, most notably the required soul count.  Just needing two souls isn't a completely unreasonable suspicious, given the smaller size of this game compared to either of the previous two Devil games (13 and 14.)
Ok. What does this have to do with anything? This and the above looks like you're just trying to make your posts longer. 

I find it hard to believe you spontaneously came up with a theory involving souls when souls up to that point have never been mentioned.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:29 pm »

Dariush:
Book for the same reasons as yesterday, Jim for voting skeleton and trying to appear town.

How about you tell me what scummy purpose you think I was hoping to serve by voting for the skeleton. Because I got literally everything I wanted out of Day 1, so if it was something besides seeing what voting the skeleton would do and really hoping Tiruin died in the process, then you better let me know what it was, because it's not something I know about.

And parrot zombie urist harder.

lol @ you suspecting Bookthras for ignoring questions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2012, 01:55:34 am »

Again, apologies. I've been away all week and won't be back until the weekend, but I don't want the game to stall it on my account, and the activity doesn't really warrant an extension.

Quick answers/thoughts:
If he does indeed volunteer, then he's not scum, votes on him are immaterial or wrongheaded, and I hope he survives (is survival a possibility? we don't know). If he tries to wriggle out of it, though, then yeah, he's scum.

PPE: Oh yeah, you are scum. Tiruin. (But I'd still like to see IronyOwl respond to the above)
I don't follow you here.

During Day 1 you stated that you thought it was likely that the person using the skeleton would be killed, so why did you cast your vote for IronyOwl when you were voting Deathsword all day, only to change it in this same post to Tiruin? And then later you say that your vote on IronyOwl wasn't a full case, but you were apparently perfectly willing to vote him on it, even though you thought Deathsword was scummier.
Simple: I grew uncertain about Deathsword as end of day approached, since I knew I could be misreading noob-tells as scum-tells. He was scummy enough, but I wanted to have a second choice, which Tiruin gave by recanting his volunteer thing. He had been scummy earlier (as I mentioned, for example, here), but I couldn't reconcile his being scum and volunteering. When he took that back, he jumped to first place.

About IronyOwl, I found his vote on Deathsword questionable, so I questioned him. I voted him as pressure, a demand to explain himself. Then Tiruin made his scummy move, which sealed his fate. I clearly explained this here.

My case on Book:
1) shameless bandwagon on Tiruin;
2) quotemining OB;
3) giving Jim shit about his skeleton vote while ignoring Tiruin's statue vote;
4) ignoring my questions;
5) lying about answering the aforementioned questions;
6) voting OB after he asked for replacement, bullshitly claiming that he was 'running away' (despite OB asking for a replacement in at least one other game).
This is ridiculous, but in brief: 1) explained above; 2) explained here; 3) explained several times; 4&5) never happened; 6) bullshit, I don't keep track of games I'm not in, and it was less than 10 minutes after his post; 7) blow me.

As for who the scum is, I think Shakerag has done as little as or less than Org; he generally tends to be more useful when he's town, and activelurk when scum. Meta, lack of material, and gut tell me he's scum. Second choice shared between Org, for uselessness, and Dariush, for blindly tunneling with empty cases and having done fuck-all otherwise.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31