Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86291 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »

Sorry folks, life has been real busy lately. I won't be able to get a post in before day end (an hour?). If it doesn't clear up early into D2 I'll start looking for a replacement.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2012, 06:58:42 pm »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush, Org
Deathsword: Hapah, IronyOwl, Tiruin
Org: Toaster
Tiruin: Bookthras, Deathsword, Jim Groovester, zombie urist

The Statue Speaks "Tiruin, you have been chosen. Take up the Skull, and place it atop one of the Orbs"

Tiruin, which Orb do you choose to put the Skull on? (1, 2, 3 or 4)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2012, 07:12:39 pm »

Tiruin, which Orb do you choose to put the Skull on? (1, 2, 3 or 4)

((Can we address the Mod and/or Statue during this period? If not, please say so and I'll shut up))

Meph: is the Orb numbering scheme the Statue proposes to Tiruin the same as the one in here?:
Hmmm... Meph: Book looks around at the Orbs, and numbers them #1, #2, #3, #4, starting with the closest to the Statue's left arm and moving clockwise. Which Orb is the Skeleton closest to? Vote Orb #3. Votecount, please.
The Skeleton is next to Orb #2.
Is the Skeleton closest to the Orb now identified as #2? Is the Orb the Statue refers to as #1 the closest to its left arm?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »

((Yeah, I don't think the order counts or whatnot, and yay choice. Also, I can do this, right?))

Bluh, knew that the day (or whatever type of day this is) would end when I was asleep...

"Well thank you you happy volunteers."

"So...I get to pick now, aye? A'right! Hello Mr. Skeleton, let's see whatever put you here can touch me through yer skull or whatnot. Will you light up in fire or will magic happen, my fickle dead friend? Lesee what using you instead of a living counterpart would happen...

"Hey skeleton, sorry for removing yer head by the way, ol' stones there said so"

"Statue, bro! I'd like to put the skull on...umm. Wait, hold on."

* Tiruin picks an orb at random using the syllables in his name as a counting factor.

"Number 3 please. Also, I can't provide an acquittal now eh? I've stolen pennies from the roadside, broken innocent traps made for tombrobbers, trespassed on my lord's fief, insulted my enemy..."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2012, 08:15:56 pm »

Tiruin places the skull upon the Orb. A flash of blue light illuminates the room, and the orb begins to pulse with a deep blue glow. The Skull starts to shimmer, and a glowing cloud of dust rises up from it.

The Statue Speaks "Ghoul, do you accept this one as your own?"

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2012, 08:19:40 pm »

Tiruin nodded, turning to the rest with a smile before to the statue.

"Yes. I do."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2012, 08:58:35 pm »

Still pretty short on time, but there's this:

Pandarsenic (other)
    You are a Ghoul. A strange, twisted being that exists on the border between life and death. Your mind has been warped by the constant pull of these forces, and you only find release in the death of others.

Each night you may either choose to Kill another player or Consume a dead player. If you Consume a dead player your next Night Kill will be powered by dark magic, and you will be unstoppable.

You win when all other players are dead.

So, Tiruin is scummy scum scum like I said he was.

Supernatural games aren't necessarily consistent between successive games, so Tiruin the Ghoul might not be the same as Pandarsenic the Ghoul (there's also bastardness to consider as well). Regardless if he's not the same Ghoul from Sup 2 or not, we probably don't want him alive. Or, unalive.

No shit, Groovelocke, obviously, but I wanted to point this to give an idea of what we were dealing with.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »

The Statue's eye glow bright, and beams of light shoot out and surround Tiruin. He stiffens and collapses onto the floor while the Skeleton explodes into glittering dust which settles over him

The Statue Speaks "He has been Judged"

The room then grows dim.

The Statue Speaks "The Trial of Night has begun"

The room goes black, and when you can see again you find yourself in a strange part of the Necropolis, separated from the others but able to make out shapes around you. Each person has been put into a room that contains a small bowl of water and a pile of straw.

You each hear a voice in your mind. "You may sleep here for the night. The Trials shall begin again in the morning."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Night is Dark
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2012, 10:26:54 pm »

You awaken to find yourselves back in the chamber with the statue and the orbs.

Things have changed, however. There are three alcoves cut into a wall now, each with a wrapped body placed inside and a placard underneath.

Looking at the Placards you read:

Tiruin: Ghoul of the Necropolis

Deathsword: Fortune Teller of the Brotherhood of the Golden Vial

IronyOwl: Sage of the Templar Order

The Statue Speaks. "Death haunts the Necropolis, and now three lie Judged. Three Orbs remain to be Activated. Decide who among you shall Activate the next Orb.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Come play Mafia with us!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Day 2 holds more mystery
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2012, 11:51:02 pm »

...huh. Whatever happened to full roleflips

Org for doing almost no scumhunting D1.

Trying to appear townie?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Day 2 holds more mystery
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:35 pm »

*Grumble grumble.*

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2012, 03:38:47 am »

Book for the same reasons as yesterday, Jim for voting skeleton and trying to appear town.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »

Org until he starts hunting.

Also, we have a Devil in our midst.  Someone offered me an inspect or protect in exchange for my soul, but I told whoever it was to piss off.

Statue:  Did you do the judging of the two besides Tiruin?  Were any of them worthy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2012, 01:37:59 am »

If any of you have questions directed at me, please remind me of them. These include questions you asked or questions from other players, possibly dead, that you wanted answered.

I reskimmed the thread, but some of the unanswered questions directed at me seem kind of pointless in retrospect. Correct me if you feel otherwise.

Trying to appear townie?

Is that a question or a tepid attempt to suspect me?

I stated my reasons for why I did it when I posted it. I thought people would want to know what a Ghoul was since not everybody here's a Supernatural veteran and Tiruin wasn't dead yet. Maybe the Orb didn't kill him via skull? In which case, it'd be a good idea to let everyone know what was up.

And then the Statue zapped him with eye beams, so it was ultimately unnecessary. But I was fucking on the ball if it wasn't.

Book for the same reasons as yesterday, Jim for voting skeleton and trying to appear town.

How about you tell me what scummy purpose you think I was hoping to serve by voting for the skeleton. Because I got literally everything I wanted out of Day 1, so if it was something besides seeing what voting the skeleton would do and really hoping Tiruin died in the process, then you better let me know what it was, because it's not something I know about.

And parrot zombie urist harder.

Shakerag:
Having said that ... Unless someone has something they want to claim that may be related to the bastardness of this game, I propose that we carry out D1 like normal and see what happens N1 before delving too deeply in bastard-speculation, as we have little to go off of right now.

It's been a day and a night. Is time to start speculating again?

Org:
Org:
Org: for the third time: please give your top suspicions and/or puzzle-related ideas, and ask IronyOwl and Deathsword a question.
I did give puzzle-related ideas. About the Skeleton.
Who might be something to do with the puzzle.

You seem awfully pushy here, Booky.

IronyOwl and Deathsword, what are your thoughts on the Skeleton?

Why is it bad that he's pushing you to hunt; something that you haven't been doing until prompted?  Seriously though, who is your top suspect?  What is your Irony vote worth now that he's answered you?

You suspecting Bookthras for pushing you to do anything jumped out at me while I skimmed the thread over. I would have asked about it if I hadn't seen that Toaster asked about it first.

I want to see this question answered.

If he does indeed volunteer, then he's not scum, votes on him are immaterial or wrongheaded, and I hope he survives (is survival a possibility? we don't know). If he tries to wriggle out of it, though, then yeah, he's scum.

PPE: Oh yeah, you are scum. Tiruin. (But I'd still like to see IronyOwl respond to the above)

I don't follow you here.

During Day 1 you stated that you thought it was likely that the person using the skeleton would be killed, so why did you cast your vote for IronyOwl when you were voting Deathsword all day, only to change it in this same post to Tiruin? And then later you say that your vote on IronyOwl wasn't a full case, but you were apparently perfectly willing to vote him on it, even though you thought Deathsword was scummier.

Your whole voting pattern in the Skullplacer phase seems entirely inconsistent.

Bookthras for his objection to my flavor explorations during Day 1, and possibly other reasons depending on how well he answers my questions. Oh, and can't forget about Org doing nothing either. He's on the list too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2012, 10:16:11 pm »

Deathsword.

Votecount?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31