Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to be Shaman King: Round one: Dawn of the first day  (Read 5000 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be Shaman King: Round one
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:16 am »

Name: Mamori Kami
Why are you fighting: To experience the physical world without any boundaries and limits, and to serve the people of the land.

Time period you come from: ~4th Century - Current Time
Oversoul: Armor-type

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:23:37 am by Tiruin »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 02:13:16 am »

Wait... weren't the viking "age" ended somewhere in the 10th century?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 06:34:37 am »

...There was an age named after the Vikings? Or do you mean when their folk's power declined due to natural phenomena?

Anyway, doing my sheet now. Just saddened that I can't create an animalistic spirit...

Bah.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 06:35:54 am »

...There was an age named after the Vikings? Or do you mean when their folk's power declined due to natural phenomena?

Was not sure what to call it, hence the "'s.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 07:17:38 am »

So...could I request a more defined explanation of Armor-type vs Spirit-type, if it relates to my bio?  :P

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 07:21:11 am »

By the way.. who said you could not make an animalistic spirit?

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 09:08:41 am »

Anyway, doing my sheet now. Just saddened that I can't create an animalistic spirit...
Bah.

I'm pretty sure that animalistic spirits are fine.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

I'm actually going to revise my sheet. I actually made it an old viking in the 18th century to tie it in with your's Ultimuh. He would be the Scandinavian Hunter that killed yours. But then you changed yours, so I might as well change mine.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 11:47:11 am »

Shaman sheet, completed but will be further detailed later:

Name: Theodin Adler
Why are you fighting to be shaman king:
 Living as son of a branch family of shamans, Theodin spent most of his life normally, developing a healthy taste for cooking, art and for logical puzzles he wasn't always able to solve, although he did try. Upon discovering his powers and receiving a spirit (in circunstances to be disclosed later), he decided the title of Shaman King was too powerful to be allowed to fall into the hands of shamans of ill intent.
Spirit: Mamori Kami
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 12:27:19 pm »

Name: Shinji Haruko
Why are you fighting to be shaman king:
His mother was killed when he was 16 years old.  He wishes to seek out the one who killed his mother, avenge her and bring her back to life with the powers granted by the Spirit.  He also wishes find his father again.  His father disappeared shortly after his mother’s death and the police have not found any trace of either him or his mother’s killer.  (Better written and more filled out0 backstory should be coming eventually)

Spirit: Frostrend

Dangit, I was going to take adwarf’s, then that was taken, then I was about to go with Tiruin’s and that got taken too!  Ah, well, Frostrend will work well.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »

Will we be able to obtain additional spirits?

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 03:04:13 pm »

So...could I request a more defined explanation of Armor-type vs Spirit-type, if it relates to my bio?  :P
A spirit-type causes you to manifest fully instead of just part of you. usually a shaman can only wield a part of you to do battle amongst other things. a shaman with a spirit type can fully wield the spirit to its best abilities. A armor type causes the two to become nearly one, creating a super set of armor based on the spirits look along with different abilities. Note, through hardwork you can obtain different oversouls. Also, spinal, no you may not obtain other spirits. You forge a conection with the spirit you have, and he becomes your partner forever, or if your a douche, cast him away in favor of a different spirit. There are ways of overcoming this boundary though... Anyways, i suppose all the slots are taken. first turn up later when im fully awake.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »

((Hey Caellath, you'll have a fluffy fox as your armor soon enough!

Good luck with that!  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 11:33:40 pm »

((I have no regrets, as long as the fluffiness happens to be able to keep my character alive.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 02:14:05 am »

I'm actually going to revise my sheet. I actually made it an old viking in the 18th century to tie it in with your's Ultimuh. He would be the Scandinavian Hunter that killed yours. But then you changed yours, so I might as well change mine.

I understood that but as far as I know, Vikings didn't exist in the 18th century, they were active somehere between the 8th to the 10th.
And my own change were because the background was in my own opinion not interesting enough, so I upped the ante a bit.  :P

@Phantom: You sure that kid can handle a spirit such as Frostrend? Ah well, let's just see how this unfolds.  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:15:40 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4