Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Most gruesome injuries  (Read 7014 times)

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
Most gruesome injuries
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:47 am »

What is the most horrific and amazing thing you've seen dwarves do to someone/something (or someone/something do to your dwarves) so far?

I for example am in the possess of killing a war cave dragon who's had all the fat melted off his bones his front legs are broken and chopped up, his wings are cut up, his lower and upper body is cut open and dented, throat is bruised, guts liver and false ribs are broken, tail is a mess of torn apart flesh, and his back legs are fractured and he still isn't dead yet. All of this damage is the work of one determined recruit with a bow who would not give up :o
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most gruesome injuries
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:55 am »

A dwarf who was the first out of the gate to attack a goblin siege. If I recall correctly he had 14 arrows lodged in various body parts/

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:40:16 am »

A dwarf, his name I forget, in a very old fort lost both legs and an arm to a berated/homicidal COTG squad member who suddenly turned around one day and diced him up. The poor bugger survived and spent the remaining day of the fort trying to repetitively clean himself and feed and water himself. He just dragged himself along everywhere. And they left the body parts down in the deepest depths of the earth where the attack took place. I'd imagine that when he dies he'd be placed in a coffin with his skeletal arm and legs beside him. Poor bugger.  :P
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

LumberingOaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 05:02:37 am »

I don't know if it counts since I never saw it happen but I had a dwarf show up as a migrant already missing a nose. I imagine it's quite hard to get used to that. The hammerdwarf who tore a goblin's fingers off with his bare hands probably also qualifies. I hadn't even finished giving him basic training, I just like to select my recruits based on existing physical prowess.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 05:36:03 am »

A pair of my dwarves decided to gang up on a poor critter.

While one of them strangled it, the other one broke each of its fingers one at a time and then punched its skull through its brain.

JUST WEIRD

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:22:57 am »

I had a Dwarf hack a minatour to pieces with an acacia training axe. How? She cut off the extremities of the minatour one by one until it bled to death from dozens of tiny cuts. Best part? This was done back in .31, the important thing here is back then Dwarves kinda functioned better when they were blind. You guessed it, she did it all blind.

AmpsterMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:14:48 am »

Well after my army of four spears and five crossbows fought off 30 goblns, a cyclops shows up. Completly clobbers a recruit speardwarf in one hit. Then my only dwarf not getting his wounds treated shoots one bolt at its lower left leg, then proceeds to clobber it with his wooden crossbow... for 21 pages straight! Needless to say he was the hero of that skirmish.

aoxoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06:45 pm »

Well. Surely this isn't that gruesome, but for the first time while channeling magma to start up a forge business my legendary miner (Which isn't too hard to get ha ha) decides to straight up get destroyed, turn into a pile of smoke, but next to the channel is every single item (Apart from his body, and pick axe).

Gruesome? Well, he didn't live but still being burnt in magma, but managing to dump every item but a pickaxe and your body is eerie. Actually I forgot to make a slab to carve a memorial for him, but I do not think that is probably nessesary.

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:17:22 pm »

Probably some of the most gruesome injuries I have seen center around my fortress of Rackscars. With the increasingly violent ghosts, they not only beat dwarfs, they have torn the limbs off of at least 3 of them to date in the process of beating them. And then later coming back to kill them later while they are bedridden.

Some of which they further rip off more limbs before doing so.

I knew Rackscars was going to be an evil place what with all the death. But I had no idea that the ghosts were going to get so violent. Its rather cool.

The other one that sticks out is from when I was experimenting in evil biomes. And dealing with Zombie outbreaks while having a ton of animals with me.

Suffice to say the outbreak was ugly and everyone died in the end. But, two of my dwarves went down like men. I did manage to save the combat report from the Woodcutters death thankfully.

But, for 12 pages he fought with and was beaten on by a bunch of zombies who constantly battered him. Bit him, cut him open. He finally dropped his axe on page 6 after his arms were completely broken and the tendon in his axe hand was severed. And he still kept on fighting until the final page. He rose up as a zombie some time after death, and was just this utter mess. Bruised organs and flesh, bleeding, torn up. Broken skull, torn/bruised brain. Like he'd gotten into a fight with a trash compactor and sorta won.

I could always put up the report if I knew how to upload pictures here.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »

I once had a FB with about 5,000 stuck-in bolts.

I used up nearly my entire ammunition supply on it, and it just would not die.

:(

aoxoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 12:32:51 pm »

Ahah that reminds me of a Fort I started up recently. Like a homing missile a cloud of something gas came straight in to my tiny little box where I had all my animals penned up, turned them all and 2 dwarves into zombies or husks or something. They flashed themselves, then a blue zombie thing. (Phoebus tileset)

Anyway ended that fort before the end I knew was coming happened.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

I once had a FB with about 5,000 stuck-in bolts.

I used up nearly my entire ammunition supply on it, and it just would not die.

:(
The first 3000 bolts covered all of it's body like another layer of skin, and helped deflecting the rest  ;D

Ahah that reminds me of a Fort I started up recently. Like a homing missile a cloud of something gas came straight in to my tiny little box where I had all my animals penned up, turned them all and 2 dwarves into zombies or husks or something. They flashed themselves, then a blue zombie thing. (Phoebus tileset)

Anyway ended that fort before the end I knew was coming happened.

It's husks... the Reapers came for your fort, man.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 05:26:54 pm »

A husk cavy-sow that just refused to die. Darn thing had lost everything except its head and torso. 15 dwarves and 4 caravan guards spent nealy 2 seasons attacking it. (many of them became spear/sword/hammer etc lords) Never seen so many weapons lodged in such a tiny animal.The cavy was getting punched around my main gate and thus prevented all movement between the outside, depot and main fort. 2 of my soldiers starved to death before I managed to get the thrall on a bridge and crush it along with 10 of my highly skilled soldiers.  :o They refused to stop attacking it and when I made the civilians they just kept running away from the fort instead of towards the food stockpiles.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »

Another interesting one from my fortress, a random recruit I sent out to bait the goblin hoard into my cage traps went into a random martial trance. He ran up to the last goblin stabbed him in leg immobilizing him, then grabbed him and stabbed him in the face three times. It brutally liquified the goblins brains. He died later in the siege but that guy got a wonderful resting place in the hall of glorious tombs for his trouble.

Weird thing is he had NO freaking training, a crossbow and no armor.
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »

I always kind wince when something gets hit hard enough to shatter a bone and drive it through an organ. Or a bone through a bone which I think i've seen a couple times.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: [1] 2 3