Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: High Fantasy Conquest: Game Two  (Read 24291 times)

Ship of Freaks

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Matilda
    • View Profile
Re: High Fantasy Conquest: Game Two
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2013, 09:14:38 pm »

They are all one and the same. They are all Grek.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2013, 12:34:38 pm »

Honestly, I really haven't been on the forums much since the game ended. But! I will be more than happy to rejoin in the conquest and lore of this game.

For the Elves! We shall destroy all those who will not bow down to Grek!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »

So um... What's the status of the "Might Revive this as itself or as game 3"?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »

So um... What's the status of the "Might Revive this as itself or as game 3"?
Still waiting on Immortal to respond, but it looks like we'll continue playing Game 2 with all the original players. I also messaged Grek just in case he wants to change his mind about quitting, but if not I'll just go through with his ceding of possessions to Terenos and keep playing from there.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2013, 01:43:28 pm »

If you all insist on playing this out to the inevitable conclusion, I suppose I can see it to the bitter end.

I would much prefer Game Three though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:04 pm »

I could play if needed.

What's changed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:33 pm »

If you all insist on playing this out to the inevitable conclusion, I suppose I can see it to the bitter end.

I would much prefer Game Three though.
From what I can see, it's still anyone's game at this point. Game Three will come, but it shall be after the world is in ruins, be it at the hands of zombie Halflings, deep-delving humans, the magical acquisitions of the Kobolds, or something completely different.

I could play if needed.
I don't think it'll come to that. Even if Immortal chooses not to resume playing (and agrees to be replaced by someone), I'll be replacing him with the people who asked first. Thanks for the offer though. Look out for Game Three if that ever happens; maybe you can join us then.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:52:22 pm by MrWillsauce »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »

...zombie Halflings, deep-delving humans, the magical acquisitions of the Kobolds, or something completely different.
...I missed something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

I actually believe the game was nearly ceded to Grek due to his ability to just take everything he wanted but... It's been a while since I've closely examined the game. I reread all the flavor so I can tell you the story but as for predictions for the future? Not so much.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2013, 01:57:28 pm »

I reread all the flavor so I can tell you the story
I'll also be writing up a synopsis for what's happened so far and posting it in the thread for Part 2.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2013, 02:08:37 pm »

I actually believe the game was nearly ceded to Grek due to his ability to just take everything he wanted but... It's been a while since I've closely examined the game. I reread all the flavor so I can tell you the story but as for predictions for the future? Not so much.
Also, this is not the game I thought it was.
Sig

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 30, 2013, 02:13:48 pm »

Early in the new expansionist age there were several races. Elves, Halflings, Humans, Dwarves, and Kobolds. Early on the halflings fabled food production method faltered as they nearly starved to death but for the timely intervention of GruGru Rek. This Grek worshiping Kobold took pity on the Halflings and agreed somewhat hesitantly to gifting the Halflings a small amount of food to be paid back ten-fold.

It was around then that the Golden Dragon began to attack the various empires. All but the Humans and Elves seemed to be affected. Luckily each race managed to continue their expansion with Grugru Rek eventually training his peoples in the art of thievery. SO much so that they eventually began looting EVERYTHING from the Dragon's lair. Including people. As their skills grew the Kobolds eventually stole the Sword of Time from Grek II and returned it to the original Grek. As thanks he gifted them the Cloak of Shadows.

Meanwhile the Humans had begun to dig too deep too greedily, a tactic advised against by the Dwarves. As punishment for their greedy need for Sulfur a Balrog erupted from their mines and began sowing chaos as it slaughtered innumerable troops. Even after their king sacrificed himself in an ill-fated attempt to destroy this massive creature the humans continued to dig and, eventually, released a second balrog. It was a little bit of a nuisance to say the least. Regardless the queen, Matilda the Red [named such for the flowing red gowns she wore to hid the blood of those she executed for questioning her decision to mine ever deeper] sent literal mountains of conscripts to their death in a failure of a military campaign designed to stop the Balrog. After many hundreds of unarmed and untrained regiments fell to the twin balrogs the first, cooler, of the two finally fell. This peeved his brother in arms who still roams the bloody fields outside of the sulfur mine.

On another front the two empires previously described, Kobolds and Humans, began to fight a naval war that truly showcased the Kobolds strengths. Unfortunately this did not include naval combat as they failed miserably. This nearly drove Grugru Rek to the brink of the abyss however there are rumors of his return.

As all this was happening the Dwarves and Elves had arrived at a sort of treaty to deal with Mithril smithing and bar transactions. All that was not stolen by the Kobolds would be exchanged, smelted, and smithed between the two. This is as interesting as the Elves got. At least the dwarves had the Grek damned common courtesy to get singed up by the dragon from time to time to keep the rest of the world entertained. But what can you expect from Non-grek elves?

The Hobbits [which is actually owned by tolkien so... Don't publish this for money. Along with Balrog as an aside.] had merged together literal tons of food to sacrifice their main hero who had brought them the food from Grugru Rek so long ago [a debt paid many times over through the trade of land near the dragon rather than food]. As he lay rotting in the ground he became more than a simple hobbit. He became a necromancer of unspeakable power.

That, my friends, is a brief synopsis of the history of the world off the top of my head. This does not include stuff such as feeding hobbits their children, dolphin offal [which is?], raving seaman thought to be lost, and the many trades over the years.

@GWG What did you think it was?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 30, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »

Fantasy Conquest, which also included game numbers in its title, and had gone by "Tribal Conquest" for its first game.

And this game sounds neat...
Sig

Ship of Freaks

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Matilda
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 30, 2013, 02:24:10 pm »

if immortal is too busy or whatever, i think nerjin gets to take his place.
They are all one and the same. They are all Grek.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 30, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

Let's not jump the gun; I'm fairly certain Immortal will agree to join us. If not, I totally agree.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30