Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: The demon.  (Read 13867 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: The demon.
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2012, 04:37:26 pm »

You drive into one of your frequent visits, a chinese to go, and oder a few items, pay the man and take your food and continue on back home.
You get out take your food and magical items and go inside, you splay everything on the table and lazily open one of the boxes of yummy takeout.
You cat jumps up onto your lap, "Share?"
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »

"If you stay well away from me, then I'll share."

Get ready to reach for the dagger and talisman in case the demon is possessing the cat.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2012, 04:58:04 pm »

"Only if you agree to be all helpful like the cat in Coraline."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »

Check that the fast food isn't demon-poisoned.
- by feeding some to your wierd talking cat.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »

Cat, "What?"
You give your cat some of your chicken and it eats it on the floor.

Seems fine.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2012, 06:05:43 pm »

Try to remember the cat's name.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »

"You want petting?"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2012, 08:44:06 pm »

You never really gave your cat a name, you always just call it kitty or cat, you ask if it wants pettings, "More share?"

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »

Give the cat more chicken. Wait until he's done eating to pet him.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »

You give your cat more chicken, it eats and then goes off down the hall.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »

Move our bed to the middle of the room.

Then, construct a protective magic circle around it for the purpose of keeping things out. Construct a second circle, slightly larger, encasing the first circle, designed to keep things in. Then go to sleep.

When the demon shows up, he won't be able to get in because the interior circle keeps him out. While we're talking to him...we can "accidentally" smudge the circle with our foot, thereby breaking it...allowing him in. Once he crosses the threshold of the external circle which is only built to keep things in...we simply step over both of them, leaving the demon trapped inside.

Keep the bedroom door and window CLOSED with the cat outside. We don't want him breaking the circles before the demon gets here.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2012, 11:00:39 pm »

Move our bed to the middle of the room.

Then, construct a protective magic circle around it for the purpose of keeping things out. Construct a second circle, slightly larger, encasing the first circle, designed to keep things in. Then go to sleep.

When the demon shows up, he won't be able to get in because the interior circle keeps him out. While we're talking to him...we can "accidentally" smudge the circle with our foot, thereby breaking it...allowing him in. Once he crosses the threshold of the external circle which is only built to keep things in...we simply step over both of them, leaving the demon trapped inside.

Keep the bedroom door and window CLOSED with the cat outside. We don't want him breaking the circles before the demon gets here.

I doubt he can phase through walls, but we should be prepared, by etching a circle on all walls and the ceiling, leaving the only entrance as the door.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »

I doubt he can phase through walls, but we should be prepared, by etching
a circle on all walls and the ceiling, leaving the only entrance as the door.

Doesn't really matter if he phases through a wall to get in. Or smashes through it. So long as the circle confines him once he crosses it.

And if he can bypass it by moving in three or more dimensions, then the entire premise was flawed from the beginning and he was never confined in the first post to begin with.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2012, 11:08:04 pm »

I doubt he can phase through walls, but we should be prepared, by etching
a circle on all walls and the ceiling, leaving the only entrance as the door.

Doesn't really matter if he phases through a wall to get in. Or smashes through it. So long as the circle confines him once he crosses it.

And if he can bypass it by moving in three or more dimensions, then the entire premise was flawed from the beginning and he was never confined in the first post to begin with.

However, that would be an excellent way to toy with the mind of an intrepid summoner. After all, the look on their face before you eat them would be priceless.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2012, 11:55:27 pm »

Also, attempt to screen Coraline online for Kitty. Hardly fair for someone not to see such a cool movie. Offer food and petting for watching it.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15