Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: The demon.  (Read 13886 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: The demon.
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2012, 10:14:04 pm »

You google search for alternate sources of the materials to preform another summon, but as you find out yet again the places are the closest and in some cases only place nearby that have anything you'd need.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2012, 10:19:26 pm »

See if you can find a spell to track your escaped demon.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

also, monitor the bug as we search. After we're done, see how it reacts to DF, especially when a framerate:1 game is running.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »

I meant point about technology.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »

You look at the computer knowing full well your not going to find spells online, you need to go back to the curios shop and beg 'grandpa Xun' for the spell.
You turn on a game of DF and pick a nice large waterfall save you have that gets your frames to around 5, the bug is skittering all over the damn place on your tower.

What point about technology?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »

Find another bug, put it on the computer as well.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2012, 10:36:05 pm »

It runs on bugs
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »

He's saying that when he was asking you if you were making a point earlier:
Rarborman  are you trying to make a point about something?
He was asking if you were trying to make a point about technology.

Take a trip down to the curios shop.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2012, 10:50:17 pm »

Well, if you want to take it as a point go ahead.

You look for more bug but cant seem to find any, so you get in you car and start the drive down to the curios shop, about half way there you notice something off about one of the buildings you normally pass on the way there, mostly in the fact that its on fire, but more so that there is no smoke and noone else seems to care.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:55 pm »

Ignore it and continue on. We'll deal with it on the way back.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2012, 11:05:08 pm »

You continue on and reach the curios shop, go inside and ask is 'Grandpa Xun' is in today, his daughter tells you he's with a client and will be done soon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2012, 11:15:50 pm »

Ask her if we can wait inside.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

You can wait inside, are waiting inside.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:09 pm »

Wait our turn, then explain to Grandpa Xun that we're an avatar being controlled by the whims of beings in a different reality, and that one of them caused us to release a demon we had summoned without proper controls or safeguards.

Ask for advice on how to banish it.

I would think we'd simply resummon, then banish it. But we're beings from a very different reality, and our avatar's world might work a bit differently.

Then buy materials.

Also warn Grandpa Xun that the various controllers of the avatar he's speaking to have different agendas, and that next time we speak though it, it could be an entirely different entity speaking. So...advise him to be cautious should the body we're speaking though return.

EDIT:
Actually, now that I think about it...the character in this story was not controlled by us until he successfully summoned the demon, at which point he became "possessed" by us.

...so...it's possible we might be the demon.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:46 am »

I'm not sure if that was a comment or a suggestion...

You idlely look at shifting masks, a jar of twitching rooster feet, and several random other strange things while you are still waiting.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15