Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: The demon.  (Read 13883 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: The demon.
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »

Standing there you say hello, and besides the hum of the servers across the way outside your office it is quiet.

You ignore your feeling and sit down in front of your computer and turn it on, immediately you notice a small bug not dissimilar to the one attached to the security guard downstairs crawl across your desktop and up onto your monitor.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:55 pm »

Calmly try to converse with it, while backing up to the water cooler and getting a drink.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2012, 08:34:20 pm »

You try to talk with the bug, besides half talking to yourself you make totally no progress into determining if it even can talk, and you were thirsty besides and not scared shitless.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:29 pm »

Poke the bug with a pen.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2012, 08:41:59 pm »

You poke the bug with your pen, the bug is unfazed by your pen and remains firmly attached to its position on your screen, though you can touch it and feel it and even move it a little it doesnt seem to mind.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »

Lick it.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »

We just got back from work. see if you can figure out what's happening. Start from wherever we got the ritual.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:55:10 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2012, 08:53:23 pm »

Try to pick it up. Inspect it.

Do not let it attach itself to us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2012, 08:55:57 pm »

Adopt the bug as a pet.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:35 pm »

The bugs have always been there, we just couldn't see them, pretend not to notice these things and we're good.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:35 pm »

You pick up the bug off the screen, it squirms and wrestles its way out and hops back onto your monitor resuming its previous position once again.

You enter in you password and finish starting your computer, the bug removes itself from your monitor and takes up a position on your computer tower.

You go about your job and check for missing virtual connections, and come up with three in the same server grouping, T41 T35 T57.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:00 pm »

Try to reconnect the three servers.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2012, 09:59:46 pm »

You get up and leave your office, you go across the hall and into the server room, you walk down to T group and star down the collum of server rows towards the closest, 35,  and stop as you see bugs like the one in your office fighting bugs of a differing coloration on the serverbank centered on a larger bug attached over the partition that is disconnected...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2012, 10:19:43 pm »

Always happened now we can see proceed as normal
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15