Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: The demon.  (Read 13880 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The demon.
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:07 am »

Search for the shadow's source.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 11:37:04 am »

You look for the source of the shadow, and besides an invisible person you dont have any idea.

You notice the shadow seems to take notice that you can notice it, "Just keep driving, all I need is a ride." says the shadow in a whisper.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »

For the loved of god do as it says, just ask it where it wants off and then shut up.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 03:13:23 pm »

Be agreeable to the request and continue on our way to work. Try to chat up the shadow and find out more about it. It probably doesn't have many human friends.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:53 pm »

You ask it where it wants off, "Uptown as usual."
You continue to drive towards uptown and your job.
You try to chat up the shadow and find out about it, "Look I dont know why you've taken a sudden intrest in me, why dont you just go back to ignoring me like usual."
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »

Put Benny Hill on the radio. Drive like hell.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 04:54:16 pm »

You try to find benny hill on the radio, but are totally sure your not going to find it, you get into the turn lane and take the offramp towards uptown.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:01 pm »

Drive

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:02 pm »

*shrug*

Drive and don't worry the shadow.

Spend the rest of the trip emotionally preparing ourselves for other things we might see in the future. For example, if we get to work and the place is full of deformed demonoids using straws to drink frustration and office angst out of our coworkers, or dark forms whispering evil thoughts into people's ears, or whatever...we need to be prepared to see that without freaking out and drawing attention to ourselves.

Also, just like you are now aware that you are breathing, we need to be aware that we're driving. There could be any number of ghostly forms that we drive through every day that we're suddenly now able to see. Let's not get into an accident because of it. Pay attention and if every other driver on the road is ignoring the little girl with all white clothes carrying a teddy bear in the middle of an intersection, we probably don't need to worry about her either.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:24 pm »

Traveling further to work you reach the last intersection on your way, the shadow slips out the back window, you disreguard it and keep driving on to the parking structure and park where you usually do, you get out and lock your car, trying to ignore your imagination that every shadow and sound is some horrible demoniod make it to the stairs and start down.
Making it outside without incident you start to walk the remaining two blocks to work trying your best to not go crazy at the odd bodyless shadow or scream at the sight of inhuman people as they walk by.
Making it into the Discicon building you take a small sigh of relief as the main desk security guard isnt some horrible abomination.
You've go to punch in to get in to work, and notice a rather giant bug attached to a guard you've not seen before.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 06:56:01 pm »

Observe, but make no comment. Proceed as normal. Keep in mind that "out of place" things do happen in ordinary life. The bug might be some sort of spectral thing, or might be some marketing gimmick management asked him to wear for some reason. We need to observe closely and see if we can get a sense of which things for certain are "ghostly" and which are not.

Related, at some point we'll also have to figure out whether we can only see and hear these things, or whether we can physically interact with them too. But for now let's just get through the day and back to personal alone time without disrupting our life in the process.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 07:56:52 pm »

You proceed to clock in and go off to the elevator to the stairs and from there your floor, then your department.
You slide your card and enter your workplace, and nothing stands out as strange between there and your personal but meager office.
You close your door and turn around, something seems off... wrong.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 08:11:47 pm »

Huhhhh... May I say that summoning a demon, should be thought over twice.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 08:15:04 pm »

Pretend everything is fine and go work as normal.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »

Stand there silently for a moment. Then say "hello."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15