Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253432 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #1200 on: June 19, 2014, 09:36:46 am »

•FIXED: death of animals no longers triggers tragedy music (as tragic as it may be to us vegans -dgb)
As a fellow vegan, I must say this saddens me  :(

I raise my seitan in salute, David.  (And then eat it, because holy crap I love this stuff)

I'd love to be vegan, but how can one live without cheese?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:31 am »

... on the other hand, having incentive to build workshops out in the middle of nowhere as appeasement to the dark gods sounds... appealing? To me. It's like creating your own little horror stories out in the woods as a meta-strategy of survival.

"Why do you have your pottery industry on the other end of the island?"
"Uh... no reason. It's just... a thing that works, you know? Keeps the population stable, in my experience. Mostly."

I like this idea, even more so in the case of "time since last mortal wound". Imagine there is a fish people attack every so often, a bit stronger every time, unless you leave innocent children chained to a certain, rune-engraved rock just beneath the floodline every month.

I rather like the concept of an explicit mechanic for leaving people or goods out as appeasements/sacrifices/temporary distractions for the fish men/harmless wildlife/oh god what is that. It would be interesting to have it as an option for a desperate colony, and it could result in !fun! paranoia for the remaining citizens.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:12 am »

Well, as long as it makes sense. A non-working workshop next to the eldritch spawn point? Not so much. Chaining a child under your settlement to keep your forges running? Better.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 19, 2014, 11:12:52 am »

Lets not go full DF player mode, Citizen Daniel likely doesnt know about how psychotic we are. Lets just say that we will be mostly testing tragedy and disaster. Possibly finding ways to kill off useless colonists.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 19, 2014, 01:13:11 pm »

•FIXED: death of animals no longers triggers tragedy music (as tragic as it may be to us vegans -dgb)

I raise my seitan in salute, David.  (And then eat it, because holy crap I love this stuff)

You ... just don't eat it?  O_o 

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1205 on: June 19, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »

Please explain this bizarre concept to me, how does one not eat this wondrous manna sent from the heavens?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 19, 2014, 01:52:32 pm »

Please explain this bizarre concept to me, how does one not eat this wondrous manna sent from the heavens?
Step 1: Close mouth
Step 2: There is no need for a second step, please discard
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 19, 2014, 02:21:05 pm »

Okay, I followed your advice and now I got closed mouth full of cheese, was this the intended result?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 19, 2014, 03:48:53 pm »

Okay, I followed your advice and now I got closed mouth full of cheese, was this the intended result?

Well obviously it is, that seems like a pretty swell result to me!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 19, 2014, 03:54:15 pm »

Well, as long as it makes sense. A non-working workshop next to the eldritch spawn point? Not so much. Chaining a child under your settlement to keep your forges running? Better.
Not a non-working workshop, but maybe an understaffed one. Y'know, that just happens to be out in the woods. And maybe something happens to the workers occasionally, but you're n- not directly complicit or anything, idiots. No need to go full cultist and chain up kids or whatnot. Just... make it easier for things to happen. Plausible deniability is important, and if it happens to make it so your colonies run a little smoother and still don't go crazy-tentacle-dance, well... maybe the homeland looks away, just a titch?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 19, 2014, 09:29:45 pm »

I have been meaning to ask you for the longest time, Graknorke, what is that avatar of yours?
Every time I look at it, I get this strange sensation I am watching a strange mashup of Chef Boyardee and Strawberry Shortcake characters.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 19, 2014, 09:33:02 pm »

I have been meaning to ask you for the longest time, Graknorke, what is that avatar of yours?
Every time I look at it, I get this strange sensation I am watching a strange mashup of Chef Boyardee and Strawberry Shortcake characters.

It's a character from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, I believe.  Beyond that I'm not quite certain.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »

It's a character from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, I believe.  Beyond that I'm not quite certain.

Heh, it's from _Papers, please!_ as I recall. Haven't played that one so I don't know specifics.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:03 pm »

Heh, it's from _Papers, please!_ as I recall. Haven't played that one so I don't know specifics.
... The Avatar?  Because I just found him from Phoenix Wright, he's a gay (uncertain) French chef named Jean Armstrong.  The art style is completely off for Papers, please. 0_o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:44:39 pm by Karkov »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 19, 2014, 09:58:51 pm »

... The Avatar?  Because I just found him from Phoenix Wright, he's a gay (uncertain) French chef named Jean Armstrong.  The art style is completely off for Papers, please. 0_o

You know... I think someone asked him what it was once and that's the one that displayed with the P,p! answer. Must have been changed by then and without having played either series I just didn't know any better. Well that's one minor mystery solved, so... Sorry about that. This is what I get for a head full of useless minutae.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 105