Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253268 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #990 on: March 19, 2014, 06:12:15 pm »

hnnngggghhhhh

gameplay right here!!!!!!! 12 minutes as well not bad about to watch it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ1B4DknOY

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 19, 2014, 06:33:15 pm »

Krieger is the best doctor.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 20, 2014, 01:41:51 am »

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?70484-Clockwork-Empires-%28from-Gaslamp-Games%29&p=3544331&viewfull=1#post3544331

This a recursive link. The link contains another link which you should click. Also my evil plot to enslave Gaslamp devs for my own amusement.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 20, 2014, 08:37:44 am »

Probably because the first thing some people remember about tropico is the supposed builders only building the buildings you least required and leaving stuff you need right now (like apartments, or farms) unbuilt until later despite prioritizing.
you never understood the game it seems.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 20, 2014, 12:56:53 pm »

How come John Walker gets all the hugs?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 20, 2014, 01:14:33 pm »

I, for one, welcome our new obelisk-headed land squid overlords!  ^__________^

I hope the AI is as good as RPS seems to think.  I am fearful of what that means for the hardware requirements, though.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 20, 2014, 02:18:12 pm »

This excites me in so many ways.  I wish I could get motivated to make/finish the games I start...  Makes me jelly.

Clockwork empires is looking awesome and the press have responded really well!  Hopefully that brings in more viewers!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 20, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

I, for one, welcome our new obelisk-headed land squid overlords!  ^__________^

I hope the AI is as good as RPS seems to think.  I am fearful of what that means for the hardware requirements, though.
BUT BUT, THE ECHIDNA WAS FIRST!....

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 20, 2014, 02:29:38 pm »

Didn't they say you need a quad core processor to play this? Or am I mixing it up with some other game?

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 20, 2014, 03:47:20 pm »

We didn't want to set expectations low and then have to change them later.  The game will run best on a quad core machine (or whatever), but we're still not sure how it will do on a dual core machine.  You'll be able to run it, I believe, but it won't be an ideal situation.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 20, 2014, 05:20:08 pm »

We didn't want to set expectations low and then have to change them later.  The game will run best on a quad core machine (or whatever), but we're still not sure how it will do on a dual core machine.  You'll be able to run it, I believe, but it won't be an ideal situation.

Hyperthreading!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:02 pm »

Probably because the first thing some people remember about tropico is the supposed builders only building the buildings you least required and leaving stuff you need right now (like apartments, or farms) unbuilt until later despite prioritizing.
you never understood the game it seems.
Well, I've only played parts of 3's campaign, I probably did miss something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 21, 2014, 12:57:39 am »

At the time that was designed, it was a visual suggestion for the stockpile zone.  If we go with this whole "visual representation thing", we really need to stick with it.  They do cost planks to create, but this is something we have to play with through testing to get it right.  We have other versions (brick, metal, and... stone i think), so the player will have some choice about how their stockpiles look eventually.  For now, there is only wood.

Well, it should cost some sort of resources to keep supplies in a safe place.  Planks on the ground could be a placeholder for cabinets / bins / buckets / iceboxes / whatever.

Oh.  We have steam power.  What about ice?  Does the clockwork Empire understand heat transfer well enough to create ice machines?

I ask this because it's always a plus if it is possible for one to literally freeze a game that's figuratively gone to Hell.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 21, 2014, 01:04:26 am »

“somewhere between Dwarf Fortress and SimCity.”
why did you say that?
from all what i read about CE, it will be much more like tropico then like simcity.
witch is awsome. sc is borring.

as breakdown and failure will be such a big thing in CE:
most (if not all) games i played that had some resemblance to CE, it is very easy to prevent failure in the first place.

exemple: in df  there is this spiral of doom, but after a couple of tries one will have learned that the having enough booze will prevent almost every spiral. by this point, the game becomes rather easy (and borring :(  )

tropico was much more difficult in this regard, but even in tropico there where enough ways that (almost) always made you win that election (like having a gold mine and being rich as a fuck)

are there plans to prevent always sucessfull iwinnau strategies in CE? i think this is very difficult to acheive, as the happy zone between "boredom by ensured victory", and "boredom due to frustration by losing to factors one can not  influence" is so very thin.

(excample: tropico had this one factor that turned ensured victory completely off, it was called hurricane. yet, i found it a very displeasing feature. losing to divine intervention is not all that much fun to me. i prefer losing to my own mistakes)

anyhow: i think i love you guys <3

I think I can explain in the following sentence why they said Sim City rather than Tropico.

What is Tropico?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105