Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253224 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2013, 01:03:20 am »

military strategy game.  Maybe for the next game :D
Diggle Wars: The Tunnelificating?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 10, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »

Sorry for being away for so long guys!

Hyndis: I'm hesitant to give you a lot of answers to these questions due to just how much iteration i'm sure is ahead of us.  We want building destruction but it's a sufficiently modular task that we are delaying it while the rest of the systems come together.  Beyond that, we are currently operating on the belief that if you queue up a bunch of high level items, their dependencies will also be queued, but if you just want to make a bunch of metal plates, you can do that too.  Always nice to stockpile materials in case of emergency :)

Most of our work lately has been on the AI, as I think shows on the blog.  We're hammering in character traits, working on job dependencies, and are starting to get over the hump where we can start adding all of this game content that we have been forced to sit on while the fundamentals come together.

Our latest tests involving 100+ agents run really smoothly (before optimization!) which I am really pleased with.  Makes a lot of our tech investment start making a lot of sense :)

As we mentioned on the PCG thing and on our blog post, we are pushing release from later this year to early next year, due in part to how long it took to get to "production" from infrastructure development, and partially because of all of this game console madness.  It'll be a better game for it though, and we are still on track to start pushing out a beta here or there in June-ish of this year.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 10, 2013, 04:54:21 pm »

Any chance of you being at Rezzed ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Gaslamp-Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 10, 2013, 05:07:24 pm »

Wow.  I had no idea that existed; that looks awesome!

The June-ish playable thing is probably going to be hideously broken, so alas probably not :(  I think we'll be showing our first playable game to non-guinea pigs at Pax prime this year, barring any serious issues, but we've already started talking about how we can reach out more effectively to our European players, so I'm hoping we can come over and meet you guys too :)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 10, 2013, 05:15:24 pm »

But we don't have to play it even if you just have a conference and have out stuff ;) and you could talk about your game there and drum up more interest ?

Is there a chance of you going ? On the rezzed page they did say they want lots more developers to go to it. 

I mean if you did give a conference type thing on the game; what you have done, where you are going what you would like to put in, how much insanity it would bring that would still be awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:41 pm »

Your april fools update was hilarious, just saying. Anyways, I have a question of my own, can we get STEAM TANKS? And how much will the game cost release day?
I can just see it now, firing a mobile steam cannon at a eldritch abomination.
Cause I want this
Spoiler: WARNING HUGE (click to show/hide)
to be a thing :P

Gaslamp-Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 10, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »

We will seriously consider Rezzed, but that's all I can promise.  Thanks for asking though, I love the UK, and I think I owe Introversion Mark a beer still :D

Also yes, vehicles are in the design phase now but I think it's likely (though not certain) that we will have some form of armored cannon vehicle.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 10, 2013, 05:58:45 pm »

For the record, I'm eagerly waiting for release date. I find the game's premise very interesting.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 10, 2013, 07:13:50 pm »

Yeah. I just want to say that I am looking forward to this. I have enjoyed Dungeons of Dredmor tremendously.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 01, 2013, 01:37:40 pm »

hnnnggggg http://www.gaslampgames.com/2013/05/01/designing-combat-for-clockwork-empires/

for the love of god i want to play this game >,<

I also just love reading the tags at the bottom:

"I really don't meant to bag on Starcraft all the time but all that Counterstrike in the late 90s killed my wrists so its impossible for me to play"
" you have to buy all four episodes to get the lightning gun   "

if this ever went to kickstarter I would back a minimum of $250 most likely more :P

speaking of that daniellll will we be able to pre-order at any point ? either just base game or on varying levels ?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:42:33 pm by ScriptWolf »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 01, 2013, 03:42:47 pm »

Dwemer Fortress?
Me gusta, senior. (pardon my extremely bastardized Spanish)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #581 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:58 pm »

Dwemer Fortress?

Well hey there.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 02, 2013, 03:00:35 am »

Dwemer Fortress?

Well hey there.

I know about that.

But a brand new game > pseudo-total conversion.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 07, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »

Sorry for the delayed reply here, my girlfriend finished her undergrad in May so we went to Ireland to celebrate :D

We're talking about doing some kind of pre-order, but that would be a few months out at the earliest if we do.  If we decide to do a preorder, I would want to make sure it's structured in a way that people will actually really like; sometimes these things really rub me the wrong way.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 07, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »

PTW!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 105