Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253195 times)

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #870 on: February 13, 2014, 10:09:54 am »

“Das Maschinengroßherzogtum Stahlmark”

I would so totally play that DLC. Though you'll need a good German translation then.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 19, 2014, 03:17:19 pm »

We're just dealing with the naming stuff actually!  We will do inherited surnames from a parent, and maybe even a framework for inheriting given names (aka Henry III etc) for the aristocrats. 

We're running into interesting things right now where, while the framework isn't actually official, we'll run into people with the same surname and try to figure out if they're married or siblings, and it adds a lot to the game. 

Need to help push along the neat ways for people to envision their own stories when you have the chance :)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 19, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »

Wait, this has a thread? And the developers participate? Awesome!

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 19, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »

New blog post up!  Now with 50% more Tin and Copper!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 19, 2014, 06:11:04 pm »

Modules and Decoration!  Just to go ahead and put up a link for the lazy ones. :P

Doors are good things to put on buildings.

Sage words indeed.

Also, all of the tags that include hematite.  I love them all.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:28:06 pm by Karkov »

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 19, 2014, 06:24:17 pm »

Probably not going to mention this more than once due to shameless self promotion and all that, but we have a mailing list that we very carefully use to only send you stuff you're interested in, and the emails about new blog posts are themselves weird and pretty entertaining.

Also you can sign up to be on the testing list, so there's that too.

http://glg.me/mailinglist

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:12 pm »

How accurate is semi-accurate? (Your picture implies a 50/50 split for copper and tin, when it should be 90% copper and %10 tin). And how abundant are various mineral wealths going to be? Copper is reasonably common, iron is quite common, and tin is rather rare. Tin and copper in the same area is very rare, which has led to a lot of trade over the years as people tried to bring the two together to make bronze.

Basically, how much do you plan on having trade enter into the production chain? Is this going to be a case of map limitations or a more simplified 'Every colony can theoretically harvest/refine all resource types'?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 19, 2014, 06:56:17 pm »

We're going to do our best to make it reasonable, but we aren't geologists.  I should disclaimer that in the case where we need to choose between game flow and realism we're choosing game flow (a thing that's tough to define, but basically avoiding long, boring plateaus while waiting for certain specific breakthroughs), so while it might not be 1:1, it might not be 9:1 either, and the placement of minerals will start very unrealistic and should improve over time as long as it doesn't interfere with game flow.

I do like the idea that trade should be heavily encouraged in order to do some things, and trade will be possible of course, but to what extent it's necessary for production lines is something that remains to be shaken out.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:30 pm »

Probably not going to mention this more than once due to shameless self promotion and all that, but we have a mailing list that we very carefully use to only send you stuff you're interested in, and the emails about new blog posts are themselves weird and pretty entertaining.

Also you can sign up to be on the testing list, so there's that too.

http://glg.me/mailinglist

Ahh, I must have not set blog posts in my preferences. I can't even imagine all the Quaggaroth jokes I've missed.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 19, 2014, 07:11:43 pm »

As long as we're not on the Earth*, whatever geological composition you go with should be fine.  Just make sure that you keep hematite in or I might have to hunt you guys down. :P 

*I already sort of assume that you guys have made your own world and that we're playing in it, not an earlier version of our Earth.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 19, 2014, 07:20:07 pm »

All the cool kids rock malachite, don't ya know?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 19, 2014, 07:22:54 pm »

You're all reading and contributing to the lovely hematite poetry in today's blog post comments, right?

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »

You're all reading and contributing to the lovely hematite poetry in today's blog post comments, right?

Hematite is red,
  Adamantine is blue,
Cogs are sweet,
  And so is steel.

:P
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2014, 06:18:24 am »

I saw no Haiku
So there was something missing
My post fixed the lack
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 105