Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253261 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #480 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »

The "Citizen of the 12th bay" idea of sebcool caused me to come up with this variation for it:

Bay12er/Bay Watcher - Above avearge skills in all areas, but will form cults whenever possible.

Or is perhaps possessed of strange moods, causing him/her to create twisting, folding, antediluvian artefacts of eldritch horror, often with infinitely repeating images of themselves etched upon their fathomless surfaces?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Gaslamp-Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 10, 2013, 03:15:40 pm »

Thanks guys!  Actually a lot of the general stuff matches up pretty well with our internal list, which is a good sign, I think.  The literary descriptors are really cool, but the game isn't the real world so the context would be a bit weird.  Still, there's a bunch of strangeness in those guys' lives to get inspiration from so I'll read some more biographies. =)

As far as coming up with a bay 12 trait, we'll think of something.  We are all for writing in subtle references to the games we love, so I'm sure it'll happen, I just can't tell you what it will be yet.

Man, we're so close to having something playable.  I can't wait.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:17 pm »

Neither can we.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 10, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »

Maybe a reference could be that, the twelfth bay you colonize could have a colony of dwarves already there, that you have to deal with! (conquer, trade, assimilate, etc)

:P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 10, 2013, 05:34:59 pm »

Thanks guys!  Actually a lot of the general stuff matches up pretty well with our internal list, which is a good sign, I think.  The literary descriptors are really cool, but the game isn't the real world so the context would be a bit weird.  Still, there's a bunch of strangeness in those guys' lives to get inspiration from so I'll read some more biographies. =)

As far as coming up with a bay 12 trait, we'll think of something.  We are all for writing in subtle references to the games we love, so I'm sure it'll happen, I just can't tell you what it will be yet.

Something similar to the strange mood mechanic in DF would fit quite well, I imagine. Perhaps a member of a cult could be possessed by whatever the cult worships, and then make something or do something unusual? Just throwing ideas out :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2013, 06:04:00 am »

Does this mean an alpha release looms nigh? :o
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2013, 07:43:38 am »

Does this mean an alpha release looms nigh? :o

will said alpha be open to sign up and invitation ?

will also bay12ers be top priority due to how much we wish to make love to this game
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:21 am »

Didn't they already say they were not going to go the paid alpha for this game?

Actually. Did they do that for Dreadmor? I don't think so...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:49 am »

i dont mean paying to get in a mean the conventional way where you would give them your email address a shot paragraph why you should be picked for the alpha/beta you know that thing

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:08 am »

You'd basically have to get a job doing QA for them, and that basically means, take everything that is fun in computer games, remove them from computer games, and triple everything that is left. Plus meetings, to the power of having to write an essay every time it crashes.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 11, 2013, 11:21:59 am »

You'd basically have to get a job doing QA for them, and that basically means, take everything that is fun in computer games, remove them from computer games, and triple everything that is left. Plus meetings, to the power of having to write an essay every time it crashes.

I'm too lazy to look up the exact quote, but Daniel has specifically stated in this thread that there will be alpha releases.  Look through his posts yourself if you don't believe me.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 11, 2013, 11:40:24 am »

really you dont have to get a job or pay to be in a beta or alpha, have you never signed up for a beta, really paradox do it quite often *sighs*

here is a list of games where you have only (or it has been a mix of buy and invite ) been able to sign up for a beta and you are given a invitation:

Warframe
Mech warrior online ( before foundation ) ( and before open beta you could sign up to receive a invite into alpha )
Salem
Game of dwarfs
warlock master of the arcane
master of a broken world
war of the roses
shadow effect
hawken

and countless other games
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:53:07 am by ScriptWolf »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 11, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »

So new blog post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As someone who is somewhat familiar with phrenology and has seen the chart on Wikipedia that this is probably meant to mimic, I found this absolutely hilarious.

I'm more and more convinced that I'm going to really enjoy doing some great in character Let's Play's of this game.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 11, 2013, 10:59:38 pm »

I'm too lazy to look up the exact quote, but Daniel has specifically stated in this thread that there will be alpha releases.  Look through his posts yourself if you don't believe me.

They said that they would be doing alpha testing. But not like. A release. Just picking some people to do testing. Which sounds exactly what PTTG was talking about.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2013, 12:11:31 am »

Phrenology, eh? This just sounds better and better :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 105