Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253306 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #1080 on: April 26, 2014, 02:13:44 pm »

Giant bear abominations you say?

I'll just leave this here.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 26, 2014, 03:05:19 pm »

wormbear

I read that as wombear. Three times.
Pictured a cross between a wombat and a bear. Which would be, I guess, a wombat....but bigger?

Alternatively a bear with a bulletproof butt and a pouch.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 26, 2014, 03:11:13 pm »

Two years after initial announcement and it's STILL not ready for even early access?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 26, 2014, 03:34:33 pm »

did you pre order it or something? what gives you the impression that you have a right to complain?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 26, 2014, 06:23:46 pm »

... I don't think they really had ANYTHING programmed 2 years ago, though?

Did they?

Because if not, 2 years to get a game up to early-access levels of acceptability (rather low, to be sure, compared to a full release, but it's still got a certain level), that's pretty acceptable time-scales.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 26, 2014, 08:40:01 pm »

did you pre order it or something? what gives you the impression that you have a right to complain?

Did you pre-order my post? What gives you the impression that you have a right to complain?

The assumption that you have to pay money for something or be otherwise invested in it to be able to complain about it is deeply flawed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:46:08 pm by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 26, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »

Yeah, keep bickering out of the thread, please. We have a nice thing going here, let's not screw it up, k?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 26, 2014, 09:10:30 pm »

If not, riot?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 26, 2014, 09:19:59 pm »

Yeah, keep bickering out of the thread, please. We have a nice thing going here, let's not screw it up, k?

I made a single comment about Clockwork Empires and was immediately told "SHUT UP... YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION".

I wouldn't classify that as a 'nice thing'.

As for bickering... Explaining that people are allowed to complain about anything does not constitute bickering.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:24:22 pm by The13thRonin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 26, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »

So hey... any news on release?  I have not kept up with this thread, but am interested, and if recent conversation is anything to go by, then trawling through recent posts won't be pleasant.  So, any news of release, pre-alpha, demos, or anything?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 26, 2014, 09:27:26 pm »

So hey... any news on release?  I have not kept up with this thread, but am interested, and if recent conversation is anything to go by, then trawling through recent posts won't be pleasant.  So, any news of release, pre-alpha, demos, or anything?

Early Access this summer.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 26, 2014, 09:27:48 pm »

Early access is coming soon according to the Gaslamp Studios blog. It was supposed to already be here but they pushed it back to Summer. It'll probably be in early access for 1-2 years if other games are anything to go by. I assume no demo seeing as that early access is essentially paying for a demo of the game already.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 26, 2014, 11:58:49 pm »

Early access is coming soon according to the Gaslamp Studios blog. It was supposed to already be here but they pushed it back to Summer. It'll probably be in early access for 1-2 years if other games are anything to go by. I assume no demo seeing as that early access is essentially paying for a demo of the game already.

I don't mind waiting a little longer for a quality product, nor do I mind paying a little bit up front for the beta of a game from a company that has already created one game with several expansions that I have enjoyed a great deal, if Gaslamp ends up going to a paid beta model.  I haven't really paid any attention to whather or not that's the plan, because I trust that they won't even do a paid Beta until it's something worth throwing some of my money at.

This comment is partly in reaction to prior comments of yours.  You do realize that Toady is probably going to release the most recent update to DF after a two year period spent working on the game, right?

Granted, DF is absurdly complicated, and Toady works alone, but the Gaslamp Games team is doing no wrong here.  Two years or so from concept to playable game does not seem excessive.  Pushing back testing / demo versions when the game isn't ready is also smart, because when a studio sends out terrible demos, it hurts credibility.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1094 on: April 28, 2014, 02:46:33 pm »

(removed a misunderstanding that was getting derailey)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 105