Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Battlecruiser Vigilant, a Space Based RP.  (Read 10405 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlecruiser Vigilant, a Space Based RP.
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »

"I am afraid that until we are briefed, I know as much as you- or am bound not to divulge."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2012, 04:04:47 pm »

"Sure, bound not to divulge." he answers with a smirk. "So, what are your expectations for your first mission?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2012, 04:28:00 pm »

Juk'Olt responds with a grin. We are a newly recruited reconnaissance team sent into a wreckage which has suddenly and immediately lost contact. I would say we are not expected to survive. Either this will be a false alarm, or our surivival depends upon how much command underestimates us.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »

"Great, no sugar-coating it. It is nice to see you are realistic, but sound minds and a good command can turn tables on our favor depending on how bad the situation is." Cedros says, eyeing the forearms of his own suit for a while.

"I think we may find some action. Seen false alarms before, and the atmosphere before boarding stranded ships the command really believes to have a chance of only be facing temporary problems seem less...tense, Lance-Corporal Juk'Olt." he taps his thigh and a section of the armor behind him extends to show a section of arrows lined up to be taken and shot. Cedros seems to be making last-minute checks on his suit's systems as he talks.

"Anyway, we'll probably be leaving that place, in one piece or in various, you know it's bound to happen someday. Just try to make sure that time isn't now." he completes.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2012, 05:48:55 pm »

Olt nods, his face serious.
Agreed. I've never been given this little information prior to a command before. This causes me to feel anxious. I am glad that all of us have previous combat experience.
He begins fiddling with the bracer on his lower left arm, and as he does so, it snaps out into a shield roughly 1ft tall and 3ft wide, before slowly extending into a 3ftx3ft square, and eventually widening out into a large tower shield. Nodding to himself, he continues to fiddle and it snaps back into place.
Looking back to the seco, he straightens as he sees the arrows.
I have never seen a human who used a... Hos'ja... A weapon of pride, other than a knife. If I may ask, corporal, how accurately do you use your Hos'pel... Your... He stops, unable to find the word.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:36:17 pm by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

Cedros turns back to Olt while drawing an arrow with a narrow, armor-piercing head while nodding towards his back. Even if a bit discrete, it is possible to see part of what looks like a very large bow at his back.

"I can shoot arrows with precision up to three hundred and thirty yards without power armor assistance." As the human says that, he quickly draws the greatbow from his back and notches an arrow, drawing the string up to a certain point. The bow is taller than he is, but still seems light enough - or at least, light enough for him - to be handled with ease. There are no targetting systems attached to its sleek and elegant body.

"With power armor assistance, I can reach up to more than twice that range, but I never tested it further than that." he says, drawing the string even more as the bow's material bends slightly, building potential energy. "I trained using it with both my arms since I was younger. Never got interested in replacing it with a sniper rifle."

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:43:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clayoth (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

Olt nods.
In our culture, only the best of warriors may use the Hos'ja. He absently touches the sword hilt at his side. If you were to meet any of my brethren carrying such a weapon, you would immediately be of great respect. He bows low. D'jet an b'lan suu aht ku'ni.
A nearby universal translator blares to life, "It will be an honor to feast upon your kills

Looking slightly pertubed, He stands back up, looking around.
This is a very long five minutes
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:26:15 pm by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »

Cedros stops drawing his bow and puts it away on his back once more, in a container amidst a few masts adn rocket pocks of the flight and maneuvering system.

He smiles and takes his purple beret off, executing in a curt but brisk martial salute, shaggy black hair falling over the sides his head before he puts it back on.
"It'll also be a pleasure to fight by your side. The universe in general needs more people with the guts required to fight properly."

"I'm just glad I didn't need to trust my directional rockets and my automatic defense system so much to keep me alive in my last missions. I mean, they do an ok work, but if your team is good then you won't have to rely so much on tech." he points out.

"And I thought those were fifty minutes, they seem pretty late by now."
>Yes?

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 08:00:58 pm »

after the meet and greet, everyone moves to briefing. 2 and 3 Sections are there.

The room has a circular holoprojector, with the Platoon Sergeant at the controls. The Battlestation is a short cylinder, more or less, with 12 massive guns, 6 on the bottom and 6 on the top. Under that, is a large elevator shaft, leading to the labs and maintainence areas, like rings around the main elevator. Docked there is the Battlecruiser Valiant, on the maintainence

"This is Battlestation 287. It guarded the borders of the Uncharted Zone, where no ships return. HQ thought sending the Valiant to study whatever is in there a smart move. It returned, 3 years later, now, one week ago, and it docked with Battlestation 287. As soon as that happened, everything stopped. IFF, guns, sensors. We need to assess the situation, record logs of the crew for clues, get the sensor readings, and assess damage. It has also been concluded that there may be artifacts aboard, so we also need to search the ship for them. 1 Section come from the bridge and download anything of interest, get the sensor logs, Zero-G to the ship, and look around for anything interesting, out of the ordinary. 2 Section will re-establish gravity, and inspect the lower sections for damage. 3 Section will search the ship's bridge and sensors. Threats are possible, and even though there may be pressurised environments, you will all have sealed environments in your armour at all times. Insertion is Zero-G. And does everyone have an Omni-Tool for data recording?"

everyone held up their hands, omni-tools glowing

"Excellent. We deploy in an hour. Any questions?"

(Anyone I missed?)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:05:04 pm by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

How soon can 1 section expect gravity?

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:01 pm »

The 2 Section Seco speaks up, a thick Australian Accent in his voice

"Give it 10 minutes, mate"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »

"Is the station 'alight'?" Cedros asks, basically asking if enough power and activity were discovered to be running on the Battlestation to keep its self-defense systems working.

"Just don't want my boys jumping in to be sliced by self-defense traps working with emergency power. Does the station have any of these mechanisms?"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:24:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 08:19:44 pm »

"Is the station 'alight'?" Cedros asks, basicalle asking if enough power and activity were discovered to be running on the Battlestation to keep its self-defense systems working.

"Just don't want my boys jumping in to be sliced by self-defense traps working with emergency power. Does the station have any of these mechanisms?"

"IFF and some regular systems have been restored to the station, so you won't be attacked, as it will recognize you as IA"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 08:32:04 pm »

Great, at least friendly fire from a dead station wouldn't be shredding them to pieces.

"How far away is the 311th?" he asked, tilting his head. In case they were cornered by something, he wanted an estimate of how much time they'd have to hold things on their own. Three sections weren't exactly an army.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12