Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Queen  (Read 1006 times)

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
The Queen
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:15 am »

After 2 years of playing dwarf fortress, and much !!FUN!! and !!FAILURE!!, I've finally, in my latest desert
fortress of Searedclasp, become the ultimate dwarfy achievement: the Mountainhome.

..So, yeah. What in the world do I do now? I've got 190 dwarves, copper, silver and adamantine.
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: The Queen
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:28:09 am »

After 2 years of playing dwarf fortress, and much !!FUN!! and !!FAILURE!!, I've finally, in my latest desert
fortress of Searedclasp, become the ultimate dwarfy achievement: the Mountainhome.

..So, yeah. What in the world do I do now? I've got 190 dwarves, copper, silver and adamantine.
Coat the desert floor in metal
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Supersheepman

• Bay Watcher
  • Because ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 11:33:56 am »

-Cause Queen to have "unfortunate accident". For bonus points, use magma somehow.
-Repeat as necessary until your supporters are in power.
-Abolish monarchy in glorious revolution
-Establish Communist society
-???
-Profit!
-Destroy all profit (using magma), as it is a capitalist lie.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34:33 am »

Plan an awesome mega project, like a giant sculpture/tower of a dwarf vomiting a continuous stream of magma.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:45:42 am »

I'm currently plotting to cause an unfortunate accident for the Mayor. He wants a steel bed? He'll get one. A nice steel bed. With a lid.
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:51:10 am »

Have you been to the circus yet? It's a wonderful place to take 190 dwarves.

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »

I've been to the circus, but on this fort, I've dug 6 layers of the tube of candy without seeing the wonderful clowns.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

Then you know what you must do.

Darkgamma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 01:38:33 pm »

Dig deeper and send your queen to the front lines. She would be honoured to die in an unusually cool, brutal and unimaginably painful dismemberment party whilst being choked by the six-handed flying vomit banshee demon that has a syndromised breath which causes melting skin, just so your engravers could have cool new things to engrave.
if it's a blob made of steel, don't fight it. it may not heal, but it probably doesn't need to.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 04:03:21 pm »

Weaponize your queen. I don't mean use her as a soldier armed with weapons; I mean actually make her a weapon, a bullet to be more precise. Build a shaft coming up from the candy tube all the way to the max height Z-level, then make her wear the heaviest gear you can get. Have her stand at the top of the shaft on a retractable bridge, pop the Funtube, and drop her down onto the clowns to see how she fares. Drop down a hundred other dwarves with heavy armor after her to do some serious damage to the clowns.