Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Migrants Missing Upper Bodies  (Read 2632 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Migrants Missing Upper Bodies
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:19:08 am »

Somebody asked what the deal was here, and I couldn't honestly tell them. They had 7 migrants arrive without upper bodies.

"They came to my fort with upper bodies just crawling around. They are still alive a year later. What?"

Any clues?

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants Missing Upper Bodies
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:33:18 am »

If her upper body his gone, that means she is flat chested
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:56:52 am »

His/her upper body is gone is what shows when you look at the status of the dead.(Check the relationship of a relative or friend, then go to their status.) So my guess would be that you are getting some dead dwarves from worldgen tossed into your game. I would bet if you checked legends on them they would have died somehow.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 11:05:51 am »

His/her upper body is gone is what shows when you look at the status of the dead.(Check the relationship of a relative or friend, then go to their status.) So my guess would be that you are getting some dead dwarves from worldgen tossed into your game. I would bet if you checked legends on them they would have died somehow.
That was my guess, but he said they were alive and crawling around--although it's nobody I know personally, so I don't know how that could possibly be the case.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:19:28 am »

zombies?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:23:26 am »

zombies?
In a migrant wave? Is that possible?

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 11:26:10 am »

zombies?
Its possible if the said migrant wave walks into a husk/zombie cloud that may rot away the upper body rapidly
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:40 am »

What if they're all vampires/werebeasts?
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 11:29:00 am »

zombies?
Its possible if the said migrant wave walks into a husk/zombie cloud that may rot away the upper body rapidly
I suppose that is a possibility. The kid tried to say he didn't embark into an evil biome, but to be honest, he's a kid--I doubt he knew what the fuck was going on. I suppose I just wanted to check and see if it was a known bug or if it'd ever happened to anyone else before, since it's a pretty ridiculous thing to have happen.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:23 am »

I have seen something similar but in those cases the dwarves were dead but married. They were dead but the game treated them like they were still alive. Their spouses were still alive and somehow both of them still remained as room owners and I was able to see their desciptions just like you can. They even showed alive in the relationship panel. It seems to be a bug.

Funny thing, they owned all seemed to own coffins in addition to the usual bedrooms. Yep, their bones were in those coffins. Seems like the upper body gets displayed as being gone after the dwarf dies.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34:07 am »

I suppose that is a possibility. The kid tried to say he didn't embark into an evil biome, but to be honest, he's a kid--I doubt he knew what the fuck was going on. I suppose I just wanted to check and see if it was a known bug or if it'd ever happened to anyone else before, since it's a pretty ridiculous thing to have happen.

evil clouds can drift out of there biomes some times, its a rare bug.... but it happens.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 11:36:25 am »

Those are both greatly enlightening comments. Thank you both, Scruffy and Hurize; I will definitely log this into my brainbank.

Montopolis

• Bay Watcher
  • City on the Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 11:43:45 am »

I just received the mental image of a bunch of dwarves walking around as only a pair of legs. What would their mothers think, really!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you, saying 'Damn, that was fun.'"

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 11:44:10 am »

Ok, I quickly scraped together this. (Sorry that it is quite crude.)
Is this the problem you are having?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 11:46:12 am »

Ok, I quickly scraped together this. (Sorry that it is quite crude.)
Is this the problem you are having?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will ask him, although he said they were crawling around on the ground and "alive" a year later. Thanks for that, though! That's pretty insane, hahaha.
Pages: [1] 2