Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help! Insane Vampires completely useless..  (Read 1870 times)

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Insane Vampires completely useless..
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 09:48:51 am »

Don't insane vamps die of thirst?

They don't drink even when they're sane.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 03:24:05 pm »

They don't drink even when they're sane.
they do... blood but still  they dont die of thirst, instead they are more likely to feed on sleeping target, though it doesent matter much since insane dwarfs just kill everything they see
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 03:49:29 pm »

i just put my dwarves in a happy place... then kill the annoying insane guys, they're too busy being happy to care, except for the militia whos killing him.

Strangely enough, no problems as of yet.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »

I feel like that might be redundant.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 04:14:42 pm »

Burrow everyone else somewhere else, then wait for them to wander somewhere harmless, send out a mason to wall them up until you can drop roof on their heads.  I'm pretty sure even insane dwarves will mope around a meeting area, so set up a meeting area just for them somewhere outside of the rest of the burrow.

Are they melancholy?  Don't melancholy dwarves eventually try to kill themselves somehow? 
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »

Burrow everyone else somewhere else, then wait for them to wander somewhere harmless, send out a mason to wall them up until you can drop roof on their heads.  I'm pretty sure even insane dwarves will mope around a meeting area, so set up a meeting area just for them somewhere outside of the rest of the burrow.

Are they melancholy?  Don't melancholy dwarves eventually try to kill themselves somehow?

Not very well, at least in 34.09. I've been driving my forts to death through tantrums and melancholy seem to act like slower stark mad dwarves. I know they used to be much better at offing themselves in 40d, particularly with my towers. They've not even tried to drown themselves either, for me.
Pages: 1 [2]