Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Roll to SpecOps :: Yes, it is dead for the foreseeable future.  (Read 8435 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to SpecOps :: Mission 1 :: Waitlisters Removed For Being Pests: 1
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2012, 08:40:11 am »

Why am I off the wait list? I haven't done anything! D:
((It wasn't you. In fact, I think I forgot to add you. Fixing that now. :|))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2012, 12:19:58 pm »

SNAKE USES THE SECRET ART OF THE SECRET SNEAKY SNAKE STEALTH SNACK SNEAK SHUFFLE to climb up the drainpipe.
Also, what is our max hp?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »

Also, what is our max hp?
((I don't know, didn't I put it in the character sheets?  :P 100

Also, will update after my afternoon English lecture.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

Deeeeeeeeeeeerp.
I haz it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »

Sasha [2] can't find any cover inside the gas station. She returns fire towards the roof of the north-west building.

[1] v. [4]

Her shots go high; the man she was shooting at drops to a knee behind a ventilation fan.
____

Tessan moves to find cover.

[6]

He crouches behind the concrete wall below the window of the gas station. It probably won't stop high velocity rounds, but it can provide concealment and cover from pistol fire. He then fires his Beretta at the second man on the rooftop.

[6] v. [3]

The terrorist staggers back, clutching his chest with one hand.

((Now would probably be a good point to reveal a secondary aspect of combat mechanics. In successful attacks in which the attacker's roll is 3 or more greater than the defender's roll, the attacker will get one extra damage die; essentially, this is representative of successfully hitting someone with burst fire or multiple single shots. In the event of an attacker succeeding while the defender rolls a 1 [critical failure], it is treated as a critical hit and the final damage will be multipled by 1.5, rounded to the nearest whole number.))

4, 4 = 8 damage dealt.
____

Smitty [5] takes cover behind the counter. It is composed of sheet metal over particleboard, and will likely be ineffective against high-velocity rounds, but will still provide concealment and cover from shrapnel and ricochets.

Smitty fires at the injured terrorist on the rooftop.

[1] v. [4]

He misses horribly. No doubt some innocent person will be killed when those rounds return to earth.
____

Joseph [5] ducks under the door, slipping into the shadows of the warehouse interior.

There are large stacks of crates throughout much of it, as well as several forklifts, a dump truck, and some disassembled machinery. A metal catwalk runs around the upper level, connecting two offices. One in on the second floor of the north end, the other on the south, just above his head. The doors leading into them are closed, though there is a light on in the northern office. A ladder is connected to the catwalk roughly 1/3 of the way towards the north end; a stairway at the north-east corner leads directly into that office.
____

G.E. checks to see if Snake is okay.

[4]

He appears to be a little bruised up, but otherwise in the green. G.E. waits for Snake to try and climb the drainpipe first before giving it a shot.

[2]

When he does so, he makes it about the same distance as Snake's first try before slipping off. Thankfully, he manages to land without hurting himself or making too much noise.
____

John reels in his line, throwing it again.

[3]

He fails again, but the hook lands in a patch of grass. He wonders if he is physically capable of throwing enough cable to clear the distance.

((Yeah, just for reference, you're trying to throw a metal grappling hook (not too big of a deal) and about 50+meters of line. Along 46 meters of distance, minimum (i.e. along the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by the building, the ground, and your optimal line, which incidentally you wouldn't be able to achieve even if you were firing the line from a crossbow). I'm honestly tempted to say that even if you got a 5 you still wouldn't make it to the roof. For reference, if you're a fellow savage Yankee, that's about 150 feet of distance you need to cover along an inhumanly perfect throw. A realistic arc would need closer to 180 feet of line. Or about half of a(n American) football field, except the field is tilted at about a 61 degree angle, and you're throwing uphill. And believe me, I've worked on boats, any sort of line weighs a lot when you've got a large coil of it, especially if it is strong enough to support the weight of a geared-out adult human. For that matter, my fault for not working it out specifically how long the line is to begin with. I'll do that either after this mission or at the next opportunity, whichever you want. Just in case you weren't aware: the terrorists are on the roof of the north-west corner office. You are currently standing next to the central office, which is a good 40 meters of horizontal distance away from the north-west office, and 4 stories below the roof.))
____

Snake [2] falls off the drainpipe again. At least he landed properly this time. The venetian blinds in that open 1st-floor window wave invitingly in a mild breeze.
____

[1], [2]

[5] v. [6] Sasha scurries around the middle of the gas station as bullets spark on the metal racks. She barely avoids being hit.

[1] v. [3] Tessan hunkers down, covering his head uselessly. Thankfully, the enemy fire goes high, pockmarking the exterior wall near the roof.
____

[3]

A shot rings out from inside the north-west building.

[3] v. [3] Snake rolls clumsily away as a sniper round impacts next to his head.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:52:13 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to SpecOps :: Mission 1 :: Batmen they ain't
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »

Find cover, return fire.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »

Keep up the fire.  Try and suppress them.
"It's rainin' bullets, hallelujah."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »

Joseph walks/crouches/rolls inside, before grabbing a piece of piping to use as a melee weapon, and silently climbing the stairs.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2012, 11:33:39 pm »

Go through a window with the grappling hook!

Edit: at the NW office ofc
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:36:56 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 12:11:02 am »

Taking cover, Tessan calmly eyes the oponnents, checks his ammo and lines a shot.

Tessan keeps firing at the terrorists, giving preference to the one he just hit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 12:56:39 am »

Time to go through that first floor window then.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2012, 12:59:26 am »

(( :( I guess Joseph's going it alone for this mission.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »

Snake: HOLY SHIT SNIPER TAKE COVER *jumps into ground floor window*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to SpecOps :: Mission 1 :: Go Go Derp Rangers
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2012, 04:51:42 pm »

Sasha [4] takes cover next to the window on the far side of the room from the counter. She returns fire at the men on the rooftop.

[4] v. [2]

The rifleman flinches, clutching himself in pain.

6, 8 = 14 damage dealt.
____

Smitty lays down suppressing fire.

[1] v. [2]

He goes a bit crazy; several shots go astray into a nearby skyscraper. Meanwhile, the terrorist he was shooting at freaks out, running for the door leading off of the roof.
_____

Joseph realizes that he is already inside the warehouse. He searches for a pipe to use as a melee weapon on his way to the stairs.

[3]

No pipe is forthcoming; he is about two-thirds of the way down the length of the warehouse.
____

John drops his weapon, hurling the grappling hook and line with a two-handed grip.

[6] v. [1]

It sails through the open 4th floor window, three from the south-west corner of the north-west office. He hears a meaty thunk and gives the hook an experimental tug. A masked man tumbles from the window, the grappling hook stuck in his back. His scoped rifle lands beside him.

12 damage dealt.
____

Tessan fires again at the terrorist he shot a moment ago.

[3] v. [3]

He misses, but the man is distracted and fumbles with his pistol, trying to get a grip on the doorknob.
____

G.E. tries to climb through the open window.

[2]

He slips, falling a few feet to the ground.
____

Snake dives for the open ground floor window of the central office.

[2]

He hits the wall and lands next to G.E.
____

((So yeah. John/Donuts forced me to add damage dice to the grappling hook, G.E./lawas & Snake/Geen are still being the unathletic derp squad and Sasha/TCM gives us an example of the difference in potential damage represented just by the cheapest assault rifles.

And yeah, that grappling hook was both +1 damage die and 1.5x critical hit because of the rolls. They won't normally be deadlier than pistols.  :P))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:54:57 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to SpecOps :: Mission 1 :: Go Go Derp Rangers
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2012, 05:35:35 pm »

Tessan stares at the confused man for a while before shrugging, getting into cover and peeking out once again, without any extraneous bits showing, to keep firing.

Keep shooting at him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9