Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: [Succession Fortress] Hauntedhalls, open for business again  (Read 25093 times)

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Fortress] Hauntedhalls, looking for overseers
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2012, 09:03:57 am »

Oh uh, I'll just take the next turn, yes. Mind if you dorf me as "Pirate"? Much appreciated.

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »

15th Felsite, 204

Damnit everyone, inside.  Inside, sweat-peas, back into the pea-pod.  Quick like a bunny.  We have a real situation on the surface.  Move it, move it.  No, i don’t care that I told you bring that up to the surface stockpiles. I don’t care what you do with that totem, hun, just turn around and go back inside.

16th Felsite, 204

Hello, my little dwarflings.  Thank you all for gathering at the cafeteria for this meeting.  As I am sure all of you are aware, we have some... uninvited neighbors who are overstaying their welcome up on the surface.

Therefore, as your liaison to the Overseer, I request that nobody goes above ground for the foreseeable future. It would be very dangerous and if anything were to happen to one of you, it would make the rest of us very depressed. We are very fortunate that none of us were up top when they arrived.

I also have some exciting news.  With the surface being off-limits, we are going to allow some of you into the caverns below the fortress to chop wood and gather plants.  Also, there will be some addition expansions, including a new hospital that we will be setting up.

Other than that though, continue living your lives as you normally would. Okay, sweethearts?  Go to work, eat, drink, all those wonderful things.

16th Hematite, 204

Yes, Feb. Come in.  What fascinating thing can I help you with today, muffin?

A possession!  Wait, the inspired kind or the demonic kind?  Phew.  You had me nervous there for a moment, sunshine.  Let me know what the little tyke comes up with, okay?

25th Hematite, 204

On behalf of the entire fortress, I would like to honor young Udil Amkolbomrek for his creation of the artifact Dorenmozir.  For those of you in the back, it is an excellent figurine of Bomrek Stockadeoutrage, dwarven Queent of The Mountain of Phantoms.

1st Malachite, 204

Feb. I hate to say this, pumpkin.  But, it’s a little dull being trapped down here.  And I’m fairly sure that those goblins are chasing away all the trade caravans that we were expecting two months ago. Imagine all of that silk and leather that we could be using.  Such a shame.

I need ideas on what to do. Our military is great for small ambushes, but we can’t compete with over a hundred goblins.  Oh, speaking of which, did I somehow insult the marksdwarfs?  They refuse to carry any ammo on them.  I have no idea why.

2nd Malachite, 204

Aha!  Yes! Magnificent, tremendous, fantastic!

Feb! Come in here.  The mayor, Kol Oburathel, just shared a wonderful idea. Go send somebody to lower the main bridge.  Yes, I know it sounds absurd but trust me. Oh, and make sure whoever lowers the bridge doesn’t go running off.  We need him, or her, to stay nearby.

Is the bridge lowered?  Yes? Great.  Now just wait a few moments for the goblins to get close.  Now, Feb!  Raise the bridge.  Raise it!  Haha!  They have fallen victim to our cage traps.  And with the bridge raised, we can safely retrieve the cages and then reload the traps.

The goblins rush unknowingly into our cage traps!

Success!  Raise the bridge before we are overrun!

4th Malachite, 204

Oh, Feb-u-lous!  Haha.  Come with me.  We are going to inspect the prisoners.

Well, look at this.  It’s a Voracious Cave Crawler. Oh, he is too cute.  I just want to take him home with me.  Feb, be the sweetheart I know you are and fetch me some meat, okay?  Don’t worry. I used to be quite good at this before I became the Manager.

I cautiously approach the cage.

I offer the crawler a delicious fish.

You see Feb.  He likes me.  Let’s dig him out a new home and I’ll work on training his brothers, okay?

14th Malachite, 204

Goodness, I really need to pee.  I feel like I already have peed a million times today.  I wonder what could be causing it.  It’s almost like I’ve been listening to a babbling creek all day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2012, 09:55:57 am »

Nice work! More prisoners for our pit  :D

Would it be possible for you to dorf Notapirate and give him/her the name "Pirate"?  :)
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2012, 11:40:00 am »

Nice work! More prisoners for our pit  :D

Would it be possible for you to dorf Notapirate and give him/her the name "Pirate"?  :)

Once I get a chance, of course.  I have played more than I have updated, so he may not show up for a bit though.

Is there a particular profession you want, Pirate?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:41:48 am by dash27 »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2012, 11:46:08 am »

It's great to see this fort back on track!

Am I on the turn list?  If not, I'd like to be.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2012, 12:33:48 pm »

It's great to see this fort back on track!

Am I on the turn list?  If not, I'd like to be.

Gonna add you right after teh pirate, hold on.

EDIT: done. OP needs to be cleaned up a bit, I'll do it later.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:37:11 pm by Terra_Inc »
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2012, 12:07:48 am »

Ah on second thoughts don't dorf me, I'll do it on my turn, since I want to choose my personality and whatnot carefully :P

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2012, 11:27:37 am »

15th Malachite, 204

If everybody could sit their tushies into a seat, we can get going.  Before we begin, thank you for accommodating the change of location for this meeting.  Though while I have been looking for an excuse to wear my new swim trunks, I didn’t feel that it would be safe in the main dining hall now that it is completely underwater.

First of all, at the moment, there are zero flood-related deaths and the biggest problem is that our main food supply is inaccessible at the moment. Belts may need to be tightened for the moment. And for some of us, that may not be a bad thing.  For the time being, all meals are to be eaten in one of the two dining areas on level Z -5.

Secondly, dumplings, is that I take full responsibility for the flood and the trouble it has and continues to cause. When I chose the placement of the well on level Z-2, that drew water from many levels below, I failed to consider that the lower reservoir was filled with water from the river at ground level.  This caused the water level in the well shaft to rise until it spilled over the well and into the fortress.

In order to contain the water, I asked some of our handsome young dwarfs to construct doors around the farm area. Unfortunately, by the time the strapping lads arrived with the doors, they were unable to reach the construction sites.

Therefore, I ask everyone to be a teensy bit patient as we consider several other alternatives to resolving this issue. It would be much easier if those hillbilly goblins would leave already.

24th Malachite, 204

Thank you for the towel, Feb.  I’ve just come from inspecting the lower reservoir.  The plan to increase its size large enough to stop the flooding long enough for us to fix the issue is kaput.  The miners just can’t dig fast enough and they keep complaining about the damp stone.

It’s time to proceed with the cave-in option.

The idea is to cause dig out the area directly above the well in order to cause a cave-in and plug the well.

9th Galena, 204

No, Mr. Mayor. The cave-in option did not work.  All we managed to do was to destroy the well and drop a hunk of stone into the lower reservoir.

No, I do not believe any lives are in serious danger, nor do I believe the fort will forever be submerged.  Luckily, once the water hits the main stairwell, it flows into the cavern below. 

Our new strategy is to empty the lower reservoir into the cavern.  This should stop the water from rising up the well shaft. 

Also, if you don’t mind me saying, the wet look looks very good on you.

24th Galena, 204

No time to dilly-dally, everyone. It is a beautiful day on the surface. Those smelly ol’ goblins finally got bored and marched on home.  Plus, it is dry on the surface!  Trust me, darlings, after a month of living in a watery mess, you won’t care about your pesky sun-sickness once you’re dry.

Spinning Welshmen, I need you to construct a temporary workshop right here.  As soon as it is up, I need 6 wooden pipes and 6 enormous corkscrews. Urdim and Unib, I need you two kumquats to chop down some trees and pronto. Yes, fabulous.  Thank you.

Where’s that miner with the broad shoulders?  Yes, Iron Tea, there you are. I need two pits on either side of this channel.  Make sure they are deep.

Feb, gather a couple of the lads and bring up some mechanisms from the stockpiles.  Oh, and while you are down there, check in on those miners in the cavern that are working on the reservoir drain.

2nd Sandstone, 204

Alright all you beautiful people, it took a little longer than I expected, but the pumps are built and we are ready to plug this hole.  Charred_gp, as soon as its dry, I need you in that channel putting up that wall, okay puddin’?

The pumps on either side of the center channel will transfer water into the pits on either side.  This should allow us to build a wall in the center channel, thus stopping the water from entering the reservoir.

Are all of the pump operators in place?  Okay start pumping!  Yes, keep going.  Pump harder everyone, you are doing fabulous.  Ok, now Charred, go into the channel.  Don’t slow down pumpers. 

Here he comes.  Yes!  The wall is built! The flooding should stop.  Now all we need to do is get rid of the water that is already in the fort.

The magnificent wall in all of its glory.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:51 am »

Excellent! It's always good when the !Fun! arrives.  :D (I should know, considering my turn)

Keep it up!

It would have been wonderful to see more pictures of the actual flood though.  :)
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2012, 12:21:56 pm »

Excellent! It's always good when the !Fun! arrives.  :D (I should know, considering my turn)

Keep it up!

It would have been wonderful to see more pictures of the actual flood though.  :)

Ask and you shall receive!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

Grazie.  :D That's quite the !Fun! you've invoked there, I'm looking forward to the next update.  :)

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2012, 12:38:06 pm »

Grazie.  :D That's quite the !Fun! you've invoked there, I'm looking forward to the next update.  :)

Here is a hint: In the next update, you will run a race!

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2012, 12:40:15 pm »

Here is a hint: In the next update, you will run a race!

:o Let's hope long years of sitting in a workshop making chairs haven't softened me too much!

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »

What's the status of the catacombs? I can't remember whether I put a door there...
Also, what's the depth of the water in the caverns? Is it walkable?

Looks like Fun alright, great that everyone survived. Thumbs up!
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2012, 03:50:03 pm »

What's the status of the catacombs? I can't remember whether I put a door there...
Also, what's the depth of the water in the caverns? Is it walkable?

Looks like Fun alright, great that everyone survived. Thumbs up!

If memory serves, there are doors for my tomb and yours, at least.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14