Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: [Succession Fortress] Hauntedhalls, open for business again  (Read 25085 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Fortress] Hauntedhalls, looking for overseers
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2012, 11:42:57 pm »

Awesome, okay, sweet. Now... Where do I find the save?

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:52 am »

Apologies again, guys.

I was in the middle of uploading the save right after my last post, but my upload speed tanked on me and I had to leave before it finished. :/ I'm coming back from Bali tomorrow night, and it's around a 20 hour trip, so I should be able to upload/finish my save in two days.

I'm really sorry I've made a terrible mess of this - if you want to skip me I understand!  :)

It's been a terribly busy time for me (not gonna pretend that a wedding in Jakarta and a weeks holiday in Bali surrounded by beautiful asian women and learning to scuba dive haven't been awesome though.  :P )

I'll be back in two days anyway!  :) And whether you skip me or not this time, I promise to be quick with my next turn if you give me one.  :)
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2012, 02:22:03 pm »

Hey Spinning Welshman,

Have you had a chance to upload your save?

-Dash

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:19 am »

Log of Spinning Welshman Semormafol

16th Timber, 203AF

The greenskins number nearly 100. I've ordered the gate closed until further notice. It might be a little cramped for a while, but we'll just have to deal with it as best we can.

Steel production continues at a good pace, Hauntedhalls shall have all the steel it needs shortly. I've begun to make some steel armour for the militia; soon Hauntedhalls shall not have to cower when the goblins come, and instead will stand tall and proud atop the bodies of it's foes!

23rd Timber, 203AF

I've decided to establish a compound for the breeding and training of animals. If we are to have a successful military, it should have the support of dispensable sacks of meat - ahem - noble animals of war.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it's also time I begin thinking about designing my own tomb. I've managed to keep Hauntedhalls safe thus far... But who knows what lies around the corner? I wish to be remembered if something unfortunate is to happen to me. I'll speak to the masons when I have time.

P.S This morning a dwarf informed me that a hunter had been missing for a week. I have to assume that the poor bugger was too preoccupied to heed the warning when the goblins arrived... Natural selection I suppose. If I had a plump helmet roast for every stupid ranger I've met, I'd be too fat to move.

25th Timber, 203AF
Another hunter reported missing. I guess those ravens out there just looked too damn tasty to pass up a chance at one of them even if it meant death by a goblin mauling. Sometimes I wonder about my fellow dwarves, I really do...

10th Moonstone, 203AF
I'd just finished laying out plans for my tomb when I was told to hurry to the main hall, whereupon I saw that one of the fishery workers had was thrashing around and jabbering in some foul, unknown language. It must be some kind of possession, but.... A fishery worker? Some gods just have no taste. Oh well. I'll have a watch put on him, just incase he beats the odds and makes something useful. Yeah... Right.

20th Moonstone. 203AF
He created... A moonstone flute. Fabulous. Remind me to put him on the list of dwarves that get sent on any particularly dangerous tasks.

17th Obsidian, 203AF

At long last! The mausoleum of the great Spinning Welshman is complete!
There have been grumblings in the fort that this tomb is too extravagant, and some dwarves have been muttering that Tau Must resent one of his successors erecting a more expensive tomb than his, but I reject that ridiculous sentiment. I've earned this! No matter that some dwarves have been heard saying I've become greedy. I'm Overseer, and I'll do what I want!

I suspect that those mutterings might also be the reason why it took so long for my tomb to be built. Damn insolent plebs. No matter, it's finished now, my legacy is secured. All glory to Hauntedhalls!

Now to tie up my affairs in time for year's end and the next overseers coronation. Time to retire to my carpentry! I can't wait. While life as an overseer has been grand, I like the quiet life.

20th Obsidian, 203AF Wonderful news! Tau and gamerboy4life have had their first child!

Congratulations to the happy couple! She's a strong and healthy child, and things are looking good for their dynasty!

Perhaps one day, it'll be my turn to find love, and raise a family of my own?

...Not that I'm jealous at all. No. Not me.

Spring has arrived! Time to hand over leadership to the next overseer, and get back to my craft!

Ok guys, my turns done at long last! Sorry for the massive delays... I'll do better in future! I've had a great time with this fort, and I hope the next guy enjoys his time too.  :)

Link to the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7038
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:32 pm »

Hey guys, I can't do the fort right now I'm sorry. Lots of life happening right now. College is Fun!

So feel free to skip me for now. If I find time to come back I will, and ask for another turn.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 02:38:02 am »

No worries! I'll give dash a pm. :)

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:55 pm »

I'll play this weekend.  :D

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »

I'll play this weekend.  :D

Wonderful, all glory to Hauntethalls!  :D

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2012, 01:07:21 pm »

1st Granite, 204

Knock. Knock.  Guess who’s here?  Yep, its the newest liaison to the overlord and guess what?  He is fabulous!

That’s right, all you delicious, hairy chested men and women, I, Nil Berog, am the man with the plan. The dwarf with the digs. The bro with the show. I didn't catch your name, sugarcube.  Feb Tosidteshkad?  More like Feb-ulous!  Am I right?

Okay, Feb-ulous, first thing, let’s see where I will be working.  Take me to the Manager’s Office, will you cupcake?

What do you mean there isn’t one?  Well, pish-posh. It looks like we already have our first order of business, doesn’t it sweetie?

Oh, how about this? Do you think anyone would mind if I just had a table and chair moved into this room? Just until we get something more permanent arranged.  Oh, thanks sweetie. Yes, just put them over there.  There, thats good.

My barren office. Located on z-4, right off the main hallway.

Hmm, the craftsmanship isn’t anything to write home about, not yet at least.  But don’t mind that, sugar bear.  We’ll improve that in no time.

Wait a sec, hun. What is this? The employment records I asked for.. but everyone has so many jobs - how will we ever produce high quality, fashionable coutoure, scrumptious meals or avant garde furniture? Give me a couple hours to noodle through this conundrum and I'll have it whipped into shape.

2nd Granite, 204

Feb-ulous!  Where are you hiding, puddin'? Did you hear what happened?  You know that gorgeous dwarf, Solon Kathiluzol?  She has that alluring nickname, “The Kiss of Cold”?  Shaved head, wields a war hammer better than most?  Yes, that’s her.

Well.  Earlier today, I asked her squad to wait outside the front gate. The squad was brand new and I wanted to inspect their equipment. Suddenly, the poor thing starts panting worse than a goblin in a cage trap.  The next thing I know she’s giving birth.  And dumpling, let me tell you it was the most beautiful baby girl that I ever did see.

7th Granite, 204

Yes?  Who is it?

No, I’m alright, Feb.  I just received some terrible news. They found Morul Tiristosed’s remains.

What?  They found Vutok Unibidash’s remains as well.

Can you do me a favor and look after things for the rest of the day? I am going to console the families.

11th Granite, 204

Hey there, big fella.  Look at this!  I just got an invite to Kubuk Rerrasdegel’s party at the Alder Table.  It is going to be magnificent!  I didn’t even know we had a club here. A night full of dancing and drinking.

Wait, it’s not a club?  It’s just being held in the cafeteria?  *sigh* We really gotta work on sprucing this place up, sugar.

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2012, 01:35:52 pm »

1st Slate, 204

Oh, Feb-ulous.  Do you know what today is?  C’mon, guess!  It’s my one month anniversary, silly goose. It’s been a little hectic, and I know that I have been changing some things, but it’s for the best trust me, buttercup.

Not to be a Dwarfy Downer, but when I first arrived, things were a bit unorganized. And I understand why, those goblins were up on the surface sieging our walls and making all of us down here as cranky as a troll in a bathtub.

But now that those goblin grunts have run off, I’ve been hard at work trying to streamline how things operate. That’s why I have been moving workshops around.  Yes, it may be confusing for the workers for a little bit,  but I am sure they will forget about that once they realize that all of the supplies they need to work are just a few steps away. 

17th Slate, 204

Since, baby Dastot was born early last month, we’ve had seven more births.  Can you be a dear, and make sure that gifts were sent to all the families?

18th Slate, 204

I am exhausted, Feb. But not nearly as worn out as those eight new migrants. It must have been dreadful making the journey out here.  I mean, did you see what Dumat Stukosdatur was wearing? A pair of pigtail trousers and and a silk vest.  Talk about tacky.

14th Felsite, 204

What is that noise?  Feb?  Feb?  What is that ringing?  An alarm?  What for?

Oh  no...

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »

Great writing!  :) One thing I'm curious about though, your dwarf is Nil Berog right? who's this Feb-ulous character? (feel free to dorf yourself btw, you don't have to stay as a default-name  :) )

Great work so far!  :D

dash27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2012, 07:14:05 pm »

One thing I'm curious about though, your dwarf is Nil Berog right? who's this Feb-ulous character?

I needed another character to "talk" to.  The first name i saw was Feb.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2012, 08:28:57 pm »

One thing I'm curious about though, your dwarf is Nil Berog right? who's this Feb-ulous character?

I needed another character to "talk" to.  The first name i saw was Feb.

Ahh. Well I'm looking forward to seeing how this year goes.  :)

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2012, 02:40:56 am »

Oh oh, do you mind if I join?

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2012, 07:22:52 am »

Oh oh, do you mind if I join?

Not at all!  :) You want the next turn?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14