Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: [Succession Fortress] Hauntedhalls, open for business again  (Read 25101 times)

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Fortress] Hauntedhalls, looking for overseers
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:19 pm »

Log of Spinning Welshman Semormafol

3rd Slate, 203AF

Damn lazy miners. I decided we needed to dig out a barracks and somewhere to store prisoners before processing, and the idle gits have barely touched their picks since. If they don't start working harder I might choose them for my axe militia. That'd teach them a lesson.

It's been a disconcerting week. First Tau shacked up with gamerboy last year, and now I've noticed charred_gp sneaking around with that cuckundu. Everyone's getting some lovin' except me.

21st Slate, 203AF

The miners finally got it together to finish off the barracks and prisoner holding area.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I guess that saves them from militia service for now. I just picked 5 dwarves who said they had experience using an axe and told them to train till their feet fall off.
I think I heard them grumbling over that. Ungrateful worms. Who wouldn't be happy to have a chance at cleaving greenskin flesh for the honour of Hauntedhalls?

2nd Felsite, 203AF
Migrants. A ton of them. We're now above one hundred dwarves. Don't know what to do with half of these useless fools, but a few of them have good skills in metalwork and medicine, so I suppose that'll be useful.

With that thought in mind, it's probably time to set up a hospital.

11th Felsite, 203AF
I decided to dig out the hospital next to the reservoir so there'd be no excuse for lazy nurses not bringing water to the wounded.

Gamerboy just rushed past me with a crazed look in his eyes. Curious, I follow him. He went straight to the industrial level and started using one of the craft workshops.
I would watch him, but the elves have just arrived, bringing a giant magpie. Seeing as we have an arena, I think it'd be nice to have some critters to throw to the goblins, spice the events up somewhat.

While we were haggling with the elves we heard what could only be described as the sound of many footsteps, marching in unison... It must be an invasion! Yup, as we raced towards the gates I saw two squads of axe goblins come over the horizon. It looked like we'd make it inside before they got too close though.

I ordered the marksdwarves onto the ramparts, but they only shot a few bolts before just stopping to watch. I can sympathise, watching goblins kill elves is only slightly less fun than killing elves.
However, this has left us with a load of wooden crap lying outside our fortress... The price we pay for some entertainment I suppose.

While this was happening, Gamerboy finished his strange construction....
An earring!? Damn-it Gamerboy... You had us all interested there too. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2012, 06:22:00 pm »

Updates are looking great! Just hoped I'd see some shots of the goblins.

Maybe you can Dwarf me? Kamin, male (not necessary), badass (head of military or squad of some sort, or a woodcutter if the military isn't that developed).

Cuckundu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2012, 06:46:26 pm »

You are Cuckundu Dellhatchet, a female farmer/brewer:

You're also charred_gp's lover.  :P

I hope charred_gp doesn't mind my fetish for lizardmen!

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2012, 07:29:02 pm »

Updates are looking great! Just hoped I'd see some shots of the goblins.

Maybe you can Dwarf me? Kamin, male (not necessary), badass (head of military or squad of some sort, or a woodcutter if the military isn't that developed).

Yeah, I kinda kicked myself for not getting any shots, but it went by quite quickly, I'll be more vigilant next time. :P Well, it just so happens that the new captain of the guard is available, want him? (he's in charge of two squads, 5 axedwarves, and 5 marksdwarves)

You are Cuckundu Dellhatchet, a female farmer/brewer:

You're also charred_gp's lover.  :P

I hope charred_gp doesn't mind my fetish for lizardmen!

... :o I suppose that's something the two of you will have to work out.  :P
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2012, 07:52:57 pm »

I'm fine with the lizard fetish if you're cool with my apparent love of llamas. :P

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

I'm fine with the lizard fetish if you're cool with my apparent love of llamas. :P
I love this succession so much.

Yeah, I kinda kicked myself for not getting any shots, but it went by quite quickly, I'll be more vigilant next time. :P Well, it just so happens that the new captain of the guard is available, want him? (he's in charge of two squads, 5 axedwarves, and 5 marksdwarves)
I will take him! And let the slaughter commence...

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »

Log of Spinning Welshman Semormafol

24th Felsite, 203AF

There seem to still be some goblins lurking around outside our gates.

This is aggravating. I feel almost jovial towards them for their butchering of the elves, but that doesn't mean they can just camp out there. Something has to be done.

I'm sending the axedwarves in.

Damn! We drove them off, but with heavy casualties. Our axedwarves were cut down, including the new captain of the guard, Kamin.

The marksdwarves suddenly decided to run onto the battlefield and use their crossbows as clubs. They took a casualty and some injuries.
Well, at least our hospital staff get some practice on the survivors.

8th Hematite, 203AF
Ranting and screaming often echo through our halls. Many dwarves are miserable at the passing of the captain and his men. I will build them a tomb of honour, to remember their sacrifice.

OOC: I didn't realise someone else had already set up a hospital, and yours is better, so someone else can figure out a purpose for the second one I dug out.  :P

16th Hematite, 203AF

Tragedy has struck Hauntedhalls! During the riots, Tau took a spinal injury and suffocated! This bodes ill for our fortress, without our founder we have no one to look to in this time of darkness.
But I shall not give in. These people are depending on me, and I do not mean to let them down.

2nd Malachite, 203AF Thank Armok, migrants. hopefully some fresh personalities in this fortress will help heal our spirits.
I'm growing concerned over Tau's widow, Gamerboy. Despite her husbands death, she seems in the best of spirits, I'd even go so far as to describe as ecstatic. I wonder how right in the head she is.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:12:22 pm by Spinning Welshman »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »

You sheep-loving SOB, you've killed us all! Nooooooo!

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2012, 11:13:56 pm »

You sheep-loving SOB, you've killed us all! Nooooooo!

I resent that unfounded accusation! ....Love is far too strong a word to describe my feelings towards sheep, affection perhaps.  :P

Check my edit, we've got some migrants.  :D I think the fort will pull through, but we might lose a few more dwarves to iron fist vs jelly skull.

Cuckundu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2012, 11:23:25 pm »

From the journals of Cuckundu Dellhatchet, 17th Hematite, 203AF

We have seen much death this past month. I pray only that my lizardman engravings collection will be safe.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2012, 11:34:13 pm »

From the journals of Kamin, Captain of the Guard, 24th of Felsite, 203AF

I'm happy to be the Captain of the most well-trained militia I've ever had the pleasure of leading. We will take care of these goblin pests posthaste.

There are no Dwarves I'd rather have at my back--with them behind me, we are unstoppable!

Bloodstains smear the rest of the page, making any other writing illegible.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

25th of Malachite 203AF

bergahagetublerroa hugat... agh?

*none of the writing on this page is intelligible*

Spinning Welshman has gone stark raving mad!

OOC: Ok, things are starting to not look good. :P

Dwarves keep going berserk and hunting babies down like twisted predators.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:40:22 pm by Spinning Welshman »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2012, 11:42:33 pm »

It's Kamin's vengeful spirit, coming back to wreak the most torturous of possessions on those he once loved, trusted, and relied on.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 11:48:14 pm »

It's Kamin's vengeful spirit, coming back to wreak the most torturous of possessions on those he once loved, trusted, and relied on.

There's a hierarchy of murder establishing itself. Adult dwarves murder children, and children murder cats.  :P

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2012, 11:57:58 pm »

Anonymous Journal
13th Galena, 203AF

There was no end to the blind rage and grief that shook Hauntedhalls in the summer of 203. The halls throbbed with madness. Dwarf killed dwarf, child killed cat, and imprisoned goblins looked on worriedly.

But that was not the worst that was to come. Today, an army of goblins arrived, determined to free their kin, and plunder us until nothing was left.

Luckily we still had doors to lock, and some cages outside, we prayed that they had no trolls to knock our gates down.

They have cave dragons. Armok save us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14