Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Epic Wins  (Read 7682 times)

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Wins
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 09:52:32 am »

Well, I had a decent 70-ish kills with a human spearman. But then, IRL, my girlfriend broke up with me, and in a fit of grief, I murdered an entire town and put ALL their corpses into a chest with a lot of money in it. There, I went on a rampage, braining people with  the chest of death. Eventually, it got too heavy and I threw it at a pig. The pig had a limb ripped off, and the chest-pig amalgamation collided with the civ leader behind the pig. The tail of the pig pierced the civ leader through the eye, and destroyed his brain. It was a good day. I went on to kill the rest of the town, and the neighbouring village.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

Well, I had a decent 70-ish kills with a human spearman. But then, IRL, my girlfriend broke up with me, and in a fit of grief, I murdered an entire town and put ALL their corpses into a chest with a lot of money in it. There, I went on a rampage, braining people with  the chest of death. Eventually, it got too heavy and I threw it at a pig. The pig had a limb ripped off, and the chest-pig amalgamation collided with the civ leader behind the pig. The tail of the pig pierced the civ leader through the eye, and destroyed his brain. It was a good day. I went on to kill the rest of the town, and the neighbouring village.

Sudden turnover from bad day to great.

"Oh well, i still have dwarf fortress!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:57 pm »

this one time i got a quest from a guy
he lived in a house in the middle of a brook.
the quest was to kill a roc.
i stole the roc's egg.
it chased me to a volcano.
it flew over the volcano.
i threw my sword at it, crippling a wing.
it fell into the volcano.
i bought a new sword.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »

See the part in my sig about the glory for a bunch of stories.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 11:04:30 pm »

More of an epic win on the part of the enemies, but: I had spent six in-game days supercharging an adventurer by sitting him down next to a horseshoe crab and spam-macroing the advance-a-turn button, and I decided it was time to take my legendary+40 fighter on his first real quest. I was instructed to go kill some random snake man bandit in the sewer. Not having high hopes of finding him, I found an entrance and climbed in to discover a great war of reptilian humanoids waging in the cramped tunnel. I was about to dive in when I noticed that there were a few blowguns lying around and several paralyzed amphibian and snake men getting wailed on. I dropped my sword- a masterfully crafted bronze two-hander- picked up a blowgun and a few blowdarts and tested them out for any paralyzing effects. Then a snake man boss popped out of the water next to me and made me dodge away from my sword. I threw the blowgun in his face, moved past him in the water and reclaimed my sword. Large amounts of pain ensued. Then I noticed my adventurer was drowsy. I figured that, since I was under ground, no bogeymen would attack me and I would be safe. I woke up dead to a combat log several pages long. Turns out, sleeping in sewers respawns all enemies in the sewer.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:01 am »

I quess you should have brought... An alarm clock.  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 10:53:45 pm »

I went on a huge killing spree that wiped out the majority of life on the planet. Only about 12 cities remained.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »

I kicked the demon that had taken over a civilisation in the head, killing it, then spent about a year in game waiting until the full moon and biting everyone else in the civilisation while in werelizard form. Some of them even survived.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 05:25:31 am »

I went on a huge killing spree that wiped out the majority of life on the planet. Only about 12 cities remained.

12 out of 120 or 12 out of 14?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »

12 out of 120 or 12 out of 14?
There were 70 cities in the game (including elf retreats and goblin towers, this was 40d).
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 09:55:27 pm »

I got turned into a thrall in my sleep..
Elf population dropped dramatically

Random Spark

• Bay Watcher
  • Tales of Karma and Strategy
    • View Profile
    • My Art (Deviant Art profile)
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 05:25:13 pm »

I just went into a dungeon and killed about 12 baddies. I was looking for just one backpack. I managed to spawn with out one some how.

(I'm 99% sure i didn't select human outsider.)

Here i am standing over a mountain of Left and Right gauntlets, chests, Greaves and Leggings of varied values.

Not one single backpack in all of this kingdom. Do i really have to go so far to find one? Christ.
I am an artist. I draw, write, and compose.
I am also a smartalek. I am also trying to design a game.

thatrandomguy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 06:00:09 pm »

My current guy seems to be stronger than the average guy I have (read, dies in a week). My first quest wasn't balanced well and I got a camp with 25 guys. Somehow I won and managed to get 18 kills. Then I was asked to kill a tiger. However there were two lairs right beside another. I went into the wrong one and found a dragon. Due to a lucky throw it fell unconcious and I spent the next 20 turns stabbing it in the eyes trying to get the brain before it bled out. So I managed to kill a dragon but it's not recorded

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »

... Due to a lucky throw it fell unconcious and I spent the next 20 turns stabbing it in the eyes trying to get the brain before it bled out. So I managed to kill a dragon but it's not recorded

As far as I know, you get credit for bleedout kills. It's recorded in Legends as dealing a mortal blow or something like that, and the weapon used also gets the credit for dealing the wound that bled out. If multiple wounds are bleeding, I assume it gets credit for the most recent bleeding wound dealt before the target's death.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

thatrandomguy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:34 pm »

I found who killed the dragon. I had a crippled burning ally biting his tail only to die shortly after the dragon did. He got the kill. I don't know if this is a fail or a win
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4