Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Epic Wins  (Read 7675 times)

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Epic Wins
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:03:20 am »

I wanted to post this story somewhere else, but couldn't find the thread. Anyway...

I was sleeping in the wilderness with my Hammerman and my Crossbowman at my side (Bogeymen suck), and 8 hyenas and a honey badger ambushed me. The honey badger went into F*ck you mode and ran off. The hyenas came full on. I thought I was gonna die until BOTH dwarves went into a martial trance and completely whooped their asses. I got away with only some bite marks on the arm. Got any stories to share?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Wins
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:18:40 am »

I lost both arms and reanimated them to kick the guy who cut them offs ass!
reminded me of the Zohan. after bleeding out I sent another necro adventurer to recruit the arms!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

A novice adventure of mine, when I just spawned, I spotted a lair.
I was like, oh yeah, just a werecreature.
I was wrong
It was a fucking dragon.
and I won by stabby times.
Did toady make dragons less OP or something?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:38:21 pm »

It could've just been a young dragon. Young dragon = smaller dragon.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »

Your first martial trance is always a special one. Mine saved me from 4 night creatures- after multiple lacerations, broken bones, and helplessness setting in I got a full page of dodge/misses before entering the trance and slaughtering them with just enough time, (pale,feint,still bleeding), to sleep it off. It was epic.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 02:39:25 pm »

Mine happened after getting ambushed on my way to a roc lair. I made it to the roc lair with the bandits in tow. I died, but it was one hell of a fight.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

<-----
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:15:24 am by Cheesoburgor »
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »

Human ambush!!!
Axelord removes my legs and arms and before dying i manage to bite him to head breaking the skull and tearing brain in a single bite

dem doubleposts
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:14:59 am by Cheesoburgor »
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

waldo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 06:22:33 pm »

i just spent the last hour and an impressive amount of rocks taking down my first bandit camp, i only lost a finger, i have a humorously long name now and my archer and thrower ability are now both master level!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 08:03:45 pm »

In a slightly modded game without ranged weapons, I ran around with a halberd, swinging it wildly at anything that wasn't friendly. Birds, camels, bandits, you name it, I attacked it. Finally I got a quest to kill a powerful bandit from the Lady of a human Fortress. I promptly grabbed the first peasant I met in order to avoid bogeyman attacks if the trip takes longer than expected (as my last companions died violently.) When I arrived, I had no urge to sneak, for that kinda achieves nothing. I blindly rushed them, and when I arrived at the first bandit, I cleaved his lower body off in one hit. Then I continued my rush without stopping, and repeated the feat on the very next bandit.

Then the bandits just kinda got in a stabby fit.
So did I.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 12:17:53 pm »

Mine just happened 5 minutes ago. I was preparing for an assault to a necro tower, and decided to sleep a bit first. I slept too long, since bogeymen ambushed me. But then my dwarfiness saved me, because I entered a martial trance, cutting their heads off with a single attack each. I was still feeling sleepy, so I tried sleeping again. I had only slumbered for an hour, when a goblin overlord ambushed me with three other goblins. I casually ate and drank while they tried to hit me, and then entered a martial trance again. I laughed so hard when I managed to decapitate them as well, with only some bruises to my unarmored limbs.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:01:32 pm »

I had just escaped out of a town with my adventurer, having slaughtered hundreds of my childhood friends and neighboors, before going into the wild and colapsing in the woods to sleep, having lost an arm, (or so) and bruised most of my body.
Then i got ambushed by loads of boogiemen, but a deercouple got over to me, stood on each of my sides and took the beatings for me, giving me enough time to finish off the bruised boogiemen.

As soon as i had finished the last boogieman, one of the deer dies of bloodloss.

Now this is where it gets crazy.

The other deer collapses aswell, but gets up, and drags itself over to the body of its mate, before finally dieing of bloodloss aswell.

They were both friendly towards me, and i had to ALt+y to attack them (which i didn't, mind you).

Now, this is epic!

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 01:33:30 pm »

I had just escaped out of a town with my adventurer, having slaughtered hundreds of my childhood friends and neighboors, before going into the wild and colapsing in the woods to sleep, having lost an arm, (or so) and bruised most of my body.
Then i got ambushed by loads of boogiemen, but a deercouple got over to me, stood on each of my sides and took the beatings for me, giving me enough time to finish off the bruised boogiemen.

As soon as i had finished the last boogieman, one of the deer dies of bloodloss.

Now this is where it gets crazy.

The other deer collapses aswell, but gets up, and drags itself over to the body of its mate, before finally dieing of bloodloss aswell.

They were both friendly towards me, and i had to ALt+y to attack them (which i didn't, mind you).

Now, this is epic!
^ This right here is win. You must now create some sort of epic memorial to those heroes.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »

^ This right here is win. You must now create some sort of epic memorial to those heroes.

It is a month ago, and i don't have the world anymore.
I did butcher them and take skulls wiyh me, but i ws too busy golfing buck rabbits to build a memorial.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:54 pm »

Wow. I was just trying to cross a river and was beset by a vicious SNAPPING TURTLE. It tried to bite me, but missed and then I exacted revenge by ripping off its head with my teeth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4