Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33875 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heal the Dog man's hand with mouth-to-mouth!

Thale noticed Sunbeam approaching him with a face that was a beacon of bad news for him. "Hey, what are you planning? The squidman may kill that human, you know."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Currently very preoccupied, turn will come thursday / friday.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Turn 18

Aquire food from McCoy.

(2) Seeing your prey cowering in fear before you, you can already taste the sweetness of his brains as you slowly walk towards him, giving your best evil overlord impression. Getting closer and closer to your food source, a gear in your head starts turning. In order to actually get your meal you will have to open up his head somehow. This could be a problem, you think as you stand next to McCoy and inspect his cranial area. You ponder about using your quarterstaff, but bashing his head in would most likely result in many little splinters of skull bone being stuck in a squashed brain, which doesn't sound like the five-star jello you had in mind. As you wander around him in circles, you get lost in your thoughts as you try to think about how to best go about it, drifting off into imaging the nice meals you could be having right now and the deliciousness of brain bits.

Follow the group, searching for anything else, periodically tapping the ground with my hammer.

(4) Seeing as you have arrived at a dead end, there really isn't anywhere to follow the group right now. You decide to go ahead and take a look at your surroundings anyways, hoping to discover some kind of meticulously well-hidden switch integrated into the walls or the floor. As you walk back and forth a bit down the hall, you periodically tap random parts of the ground hoping to maybe find some button that may extend a bridge or what not, but even after spending several minutes inching along, taking a close look at every bit of bare wall and floor near you, you can't seem to find anything push-able hidden anywhere nearby.

Try to summon two more bats like Sen.

(5) After a short discussion with Nefarious, you decide not to simply send Sen into the abyss to take a look, but rather triple the effectiveness of your work by creating two more of his kind. Standing straight up, you close your eyes and concentrate, trying to establish a connection to the Nether World again. As you get closer to creating a portal to the lower plane, you are suddenly interrupted by something tapping you. Opening your eyes, you see Sen bumping against you, trying to grab your attention. Before you get the chance to rant at him for interrupting your little ritual, he suddenly slams his sharp fangs into your arm, biting onto it and apparently starting to suck out your blood. As you are about to slap him away and ask what the heck the tiny demon thinks he's doing, you understand his intentions and let him continue for a few seconds. As he finishes, he lets go and flies back a bit, having drunken about half a pint of blood, a relatively large amount. For a second he just hovers there, but then he starts to give off a reddish glow as the space around him distorts. Multiple images of him appear to be moving about at the same spot as him and, in an instant, three Sens float above the ground in front of you, as if they'd just warped into existence. It appears that Sen may be more capable than you had suspected. As you feel the stability of the connection to your dark side increase, you have a bit of an odd feeling as well, as though something in you was becoming stronger.
Sen: Ability Gained: Dimensional Quantification

Set and immobilize the bones using the bloody bandages and metal from the destroyed armor.

(3-1) Once again you've become injured, though this is nothing in comparison to the wounds you've had before. Still, the pain that it is causing you is quite distracting and it's very probable that you will be needing to use your right hand again soon. Deciding to create a quick-fix for your current problem, you attempt to set your bones and keep them in place with the bandages you're still wearing and the broken pieces of your armor. Looking at the pieces that you've been carrying with you, however, you see that they are all still rather large and bent, too much so to use them as a splint for your arm. The bandages might work, but they won't hold it in place on their own. You'll probably have to look for something else to use for this task if you can't make them fit somehow.

To that direction where Thale pointed! If human is spotted, aid him!

(2+1) Not wanting to cause Thale anymore trouble, you trust him to take care of himself and get to the task he's given you. Quickly getting to your feet, you quickly make youre way around the forest, flash-stepping around as you go. It takes you quite a while between all the twists and turns of the forest, but thanks to your immense speed, you soon arrive at the beach where you see what looks like the squid-man in the distance. Keeping yourself in the forested area, you make your way closer to him as silently as possible. As you get near him, you hide yourself in a brush not too far from him and look at what he's doing. You see something a few feet away from him and, looking closer, see what appears to be a human. You presume it's the one Thale was talking about, but it appears that he is just sitting there in fetal position, not moving at all. Wondering what is going on here, you watch Derm as he wanders around the human, looking rather absentminded.

Heal the Dog man's hand with mouth-to-mouth!

(2) After the beast has been defeated, you immediately drop your seriousness and go back to your usual odd self. Seeing that the big doggy man had been injured in the fight, you decide to help him out the best way you know, by showing some cat lovin'. Approaching Thale on all fours, you sneak up behind him, but he notices you and turns to look at you. Seeing the big cat-smile on your face, he questions what your intentions are, but you simply jump at him, attempting to pounce him and get frisky. At the last second he manages to use his uninjured hand to push you back, holding your face away with it. You wobble your arms around as you complain about him not wanting to accept your powers of friendship, but eventually give up and slump to the ground next to him, watching him toying about with his armor.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

Sorry about that. Laziness coupled with a metric shit-ton of work caused me to push up doing the turn for a bit.
Also, we're supposed to be hit by a hurricane in the next few days, so I may be out for a while depending on how bad it is.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)
« Reply #363 on: October 27, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »

Crack his head open like a peanut with my mouth and tentacles, then feast.

'
They have four tentacles around a lamprey-like mouth, and require the brains of sentient creatures as part of their diet. An illithid who snares a living creature in all four of its tentacles can extract and devour its living brain.'

Wikipedia.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:23:25 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2012, 11:35:53 pm »

Crack his head open like a peanut with my mouth and tentacles, then feast.

'
They have four tentacles around a lamprey-like mouth, and require the brains of sentient creatures as part of their diet. An illithid who snares a living creature in all four of its tentacles can extract and devour its living brain.'

Wikipedia.

Sorry, I'm not quite up to date on my fantasy creature biology. I'll look it up the next time something comes up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »

Neither am I.

We can learn about horrifying alien biology together~ First one to reproduction is host to an invasive mind consuming parasite!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 27, 2012, 11:38:15 pm »

Sit down and Contemplate the Cosmos. And my Warhammer. And what would happen if I could move shit with my mind. Yeah. That would be cool.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 27, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »

"Well. Go, Sen, go. Down the hole. All... three of you."

Tap foot vigorously and watch Sen descend.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2012, 05:13:04 am »

Nefarious pulled out Elror's Grimore as the bats went about their work, and spoke up,

"Since they have work to do, and all I can do is wait I think I'll read. If you sense something change tell me, perhaps the change will let me form a Corinus, maybe then I can rediscover hellfire or shadow-walking."

Read Elror's Grimore, and look for clues or hints as to how to gain more of my former knowledge or how to cancel out whatever is blocking me from said powers.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2012, 09:10:40 am »

McCoy will snap himself out of it and then give the harpoon to the face tactic another shot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20:27 am »

Attacked by the squidman...      Priest of the deep
Derm            Illithid... God...s?
...Human?   
                                           Thale!

"Probably...he's down because Derm hurt him? But why? Was he morally maligned? Evil must repent, but I see nothing on that human but a harpoon...

Maybe,"
Lyra adjusted her stance, akin to a runner beginning her sprint, "he can be of use? Or...I'll just tackle Derm. I'm sure he won't mind."

Run and tackle Derm!

"Hey what are you doing! Don't hurt him!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 31, 2012, 01:56:03 am »

((My bad.))

Ow. Still hurting.

"Girl, could you please help take down that squidman?" Thale said, slightly flustered. "I don't need that kind of contact to heal, I think I'll do better by splinting my hand."

His hand was broken and still hurting, but he should not be wasting his time. It was as if there was still a higher call and duty to heed. He had escaped worse wounds; a broken hand would not be the injury to hinder him.

Try to splint the hand with nearby branches and the bandages. If it still doesn't, work, immobilize the right hand and forearm by trying the monster's spine around the affect area, using the bandages to cushion it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:12 am »

Sunbeam was distracted by all of the motion around her, and took a moment to refocus.

Chase my own tail.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]