Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33950 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 11: Dark Arts, Jungle Racing and Orc VS Doors)
« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2012, 06:46:35 am »

Sigarial bent towards Lyri a little, and whispered to her. "Sometimes time is the best way to heal scars, both figuratively and literally."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2012, 08:28:13 am »

Make haste to the structure and see if a quick burst of flames cannot melt the door away.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2012, 03:17:16 pm »

((Need some more actions guys, there are only 3 so far.))
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »

I'm waiting for someone else to make a move first. My guy is supposed to be helping the others, and he is a half angel, so it would be terribly out of character to have him just go off on his own.

But if you really want an action, here: Inspect the area around us.

Edit: Follow Thale.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:49:29 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »

((My bad.))

"Thale, I'm...sorry for really hurting you earlier. Can't I help atone for my wrong?"
Instead of answering Lyri, Thale stood quiet for a moment. He did not want to hurt her feelings with a harsh answer, but even the thought of accepting any kind of help hurt him. And so far she hadn't declared her intentions clearly. No word if what had happened was an accident or a joke in bad taste, nothing.

Maybe his memories could help him piece things together - he knew there was more knowledge about her kind somewhere deep inside his mind, but he was unable to speed up the process of remembering what had existed in his life before being thrown into the wooden room.

"...Fine." he said gruffly, before getting all the remaining pieces of his armor and moving on. Maybe the rest the group had already found a path leading to their objective. He would probably be released if they just got all the keystones the angel had asked them for.

Try to localize the location of the rest of the teammates through heightened senses, move towards someone who seems to be ahead of the group.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 16, 2012, 10:09:12 pm »

((I blame Caellath in a joking manner.  :P))

Fine.

Fine?

Lyri beamed at Thale's forgiveness. No conditions given, she was really thankful for his action!

"So like I said about the squi- I mean Illithid. He's a real nice thing once you get to know him. Really likes water, lives sooo deep down that it's perpetually dark! Oh did I mention..."

Trailing off as they went, Lyri helped in directional sensing, directing towards the locations of others (and most likely) their objective.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »

((...Anyone want to help me not die? Anyone?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32:48 pm »

((...Anyone want to help me not die? Anyone?))
((Calm down, we need to find you first.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »

((...Oh yeah. Well. I'll need 12 pounds of dynamite, some feathers, and a bucket of tar for that.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »

Bump!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »

Turn 12

Try to localize the location of the rest of the teammates through heightened senses, move towards someone who seems to be ahead of the group.
Follow Thale.
Trailing off as they went, Lyri helped in directional sensing, directing towards the locations of others (and most likely) their objective.

(5, 2, 3) The three of you head out, making your way through the forest. Having seen Lyri's near supernatural senses, Thale, not wanting to be outdone, attempts to utilize his dog-given powers as well. Sniffing at the air, Thale's heightened senses seem to come back alive, many different smells and scents entering his nose. A little bit confused by all this information, it takes him a few minutes to get used to it, but with a little bit of Lyri's help, he manages to make out the exact locations of the other three who are dispersed throughout the forest. However, the fact that Derm seems to be far away from Barmot and Nefarious gives the group some trouble of deciding where to head, but if you manage to decide you think that there won't be any problems getting there quickly. (You may choose which way to head and will automatically arrive there at the beginning of the next turn, so you may already post your actions for when you get there as soon as you have made your decision.)
Ability gained: Canine Smelling

Open door and examine contents. Eat anyone inside.

(5) Being sick of waiting for someone to open the door for you, you decide to simply let yourself in. Attempting to open the door, you notice it is locked tight, so you search for an alternative way in. However, you can't seem to find any other entrance as even the windows seem to be solidly held in place. Annoyed by the fact that a flimsy wooden door is holding you back from the delicious brains that could be waiting inside, you walk back to the front and start concentrating. Calling upon the power of your mind, you begin to collect energy from the air around you in your hands. Sucking all of the heat from the air around you and condensing it as a small ball in your hand, the area surrounding you becomes colder and colder, decreasing so rapidly in temperature that you can feel the ground freezing beneath your feet. When you think that you have just enough heat to blast through the door without destroying the inside of the house, you grab the ball floating above your hand and throw it at the door. Almost instantly the little sphere smashes into it and blows a large, round hole into the wood, leaving the edges seared and still smoking as ashes fall to the ground. "Not bad," you think as you crawl through the newly made hole, which already seems to have cooled down to room temperature levels. Going inside the house, you notice the apparent lack of brains to devour. Saddened by this development, you do notice that this room seems to be holding a lot of supplies ranging from small stone tools and medical supplies to some hunting equipment, including several short spears and a few bolas. The delicious smelling soup that is cooking in the pot over the fire in the side of the room appears to be the source of the smoke. It seems that it has been cooking for a while already and you wonder where its owner could be.
Ability gained: Eviscerate

"Ow. God, DAMMIT that hurts!"
Barmot makes a mental note of the location and tries to find the guy who made that evil mini plant thing earlier. He seemed like he could heal somehow.

(6-2) Somehow managing to withstand the immense amount of pain you have just inflicted on yourself, you slowly lift yourself up. Though you are seriously hurting, your mind still functions well enough to let you remember that the skeleton was able to create a little plant creature from the "corpse" of the man-eater and that he may be able to help you somehow. Before you try to make your way to him, however, you arm is a more immediate concern. Halfway through natural instincts and your own power of will, you grab your crippled left arm and push it. With a short cracking noise, your shoulder snaps back into place, resulting in another short burst of pain, but you manage to bite your way through it. With your floppy appendage back in place, your mind clears up a bit and you feel like it may be easier to think straight again, but your arm is still useless in this state.
Roll to Bleed: (1) It seems that putting your shoulder back in place has caused blood circulation to increase and the bones sticking out of your arm appear to have ripped the wound open even more. The bleeding starts to intensify and your consciousness is starting to fade. If you don't to something soon, bleeding out will become a real possibility.

Make haste to the structure and see if a quick burst of flames cannot melt the door away.

(4) Remembering that Lyri called out your relative positions not to long ago, you quickly make your way to where you believe the orc to be. It doesn't take you long to get through the thicket as your fire has cleared a way in his general direction, allowing you to use it as a shortcut. You soon arrive at the stone temple where you notice Barmot kneeling on the ground, his arm looking pretty much fucked. But hey, you've got more important things to deal with than assisting the person who killed your little pet. Turning your attention to the large stone gate, you decide to utilize your newly acquired powers and point your catalyst towards the doors. (3) Not wanting to be wasteful, you fire a single charge of the corinus towards the entrance, soaking it in small, black flames. You let the fires die out quickly as they don't seem to be hurting it much, but as they disappear you see that cracks seem to have formed along the doors, leading you to assume that their structural integrity may have been weakened.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

I blame Borderlands 2 for the delay.
Also, I'd like to remind you (i.e. tell you for the first time) that you can ask in the thread or pm if you'd like to know anything about any of the mechanics, abilities, background rolls or the game in general.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:14:18 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 12: Breaking Doors, Bleeding Orc and Team Apathy)
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:09 pm »

Sample soup, obtain the medkit, a few miscellanies, and skedaddle towards the other thing the animal girl saw earlier.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »

Use my powers to repair the orc's arm as best I can, warn him that it may severely change his body in bad ways but continue despite his reply

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:44 pm »

Head towards Barmont and Nefarious, then introduce myself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2012, 08:12:53 pm »

Head towards Barmont and Nefarious, then introduce myself.
What the Angel said.

"So Thale, I hope you're alright with me talking a lot. I tend to do that when I'm not nervous and thanks for helping me out before your chest got broken and stuff. I always wondered how it feels to not be a spirit you know, I mean you're quite free in whatever you do and we've got Sigarial with us now so this will be-..."

Heal Barmot.

((Damn, them bones need a lot of help. I had to take a medical course D:))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25