Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33977 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8: It begins.)
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2012, 08:57:38 am »

Barmot starts hacking and slashing his way through the brush. Maybe he'd find some herbs he could use to enchant his weapon...
((Wut? Herbs enchanting weapons? No wait, herbs actually enchanting anything?

How?))

((Derp moment. I was thinking of Skyrim Potions/Poisons. I'd need to find something else enchanted and find a way to disenchant it, find a soul gem, and enchant it that way. I'll keep it, because Poison is still good for making a weapon stronger.))

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8.5: Welcome to the Jungle)
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2012, 10:02:16 am »

((Derp moment. I was thinking of Skyrim Potions/Poisons. I'd need to find something else enchanted and find a way to disenchant it, find a soul gem, and enchant it that way. I'll keep it, because Poison is still good for making a weapon stronger.))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:06:52 am by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2012, 10:04:44 am »

Frolic.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2012, 10:05:36 am »

"You can make others fly, Ika-san? I'd volunteer!"

'It's less flight and more propulsion. Try to land on a tree on your way down.'
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2012, 10:16:43 am »

((GM: Replace Kingfisher, he's been far too long away and didn't leave notice on his disappearance...And isn't that little sapling...dead? We aren't in the Big Tree with the staircase, too.

Also, I like how Tiruin is the character, and Lyri is the player. Judging from the format there.  :P))

"You can make others fly, Ika-san? I'd volunteer!"

'It's less flight and more propulsion. Try to land on a tree on your way down.'

Lyri drummed her fingers on her palm as she inspected the neko-te. Perhaps it would also come in use for grasping or grabbing anything? At least it would prevent her from breaking her own nail if things would go awry.

"Do it Ika-san. Do you have a name like the others?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:35:57 am by Tiruin »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2012, 10:26:06 am »

'I am Derm, High Priest of the Dark Ones, Lord of the Temples of the Deep, Rider of the Ebony Leviathan, Grandmaster of the Psychic Arts, and Mayor of a Little Village up the coast.'

Tentacles flicked annoyingly. 'Are you going to keep talking?'

((Notes to avoid Sue-dom: None of these are really applicable at the moment. My staff could control the Leviathan, there aren't any temples here, I can't seem to contact my gods, and my robes and such amplified my powers greatly, all of which are now gone.))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:01 am »

((dermonster ever attempting Mary Sue-dom.

That'll be the day.  :P))

Lyri smiled in reply. "Well, I guess so. I can tell you what I would see from wherever you launch me, and I'm quite happy to know that everyone else can understand what I'm saying.

"Derm, do you know that person's name? And that? And...her?"
The Kitsune pointed over to Thale, Barmot and the nekomimi, unaware of the other companions that came along like the necroman.

"How dark is it in the waters, Ika-san? Really rare to see a squid on land..."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:28 am »

Derm put his hand to his forehead for a moment. *This is going to be a recurring thing now, isn't it?* He thought.

After a pause, he replied. 'No I don't know what their names are. I don't know what your name is. I do not particularly care.'

He warbled. 'At the depths that I usually stay at, you would find yourself imploding almost immediately. Light does not touch that place for fathoms and horrors that would twist your mind into bends roam freely. And I am not a squid. I am an Illithid, natual psychics and born servants of the Dark Lords who gain power by eating the brains of living sentient creatures.'

Derm glared. 'Anymore questions? No? Good, up you go.'

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2012, 01:54:06 pm »

((GM: Replace Kingfisher, he's been far too long away and didn't leave notice on his disappearance...And isn't that little sapling...dead? We aren't in the Big Tree with the staircase, too.

Also, I like how Tiruin is the character, and Lyri is the player. Judging from the format there.  :P))

Stop judging my forgetfulness. >_>
There hasn't been an actual turn in a while so I haven't had a chance to change anything yet. :P

Turn is coming sometime tonight.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »

((I know, I just felt like I needed a comparison. I did base my character after a Skyrim Orc, after all. And besides, we have DERM, normal physics and biology obviously don't apply here.))

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »

Turn 9

Randomly telekinesis one of my associates high up into the air.

(5+1) Surveying your surroundings, you notice that the dense forest severely limits your view distance, so you decide to send someone up with your psionics to get a better view. You look around you, deciding which of your team mates would be best for the job. However, before you have the chance to randomly rocket one of them into the outer atmosphere, the kitsune volunteers for the job. Slightly annoyed by her energetic attitude and her constant blabbering, you are more than happy to throw her up there. With a slight flick of the hand and a little bit of concentration, you launch the fox high into the air above the trees, waiting for her to report what she sees.

Survey the land, with or without the aid of telekinesis or whatever Derm is doing.

(5) As soon as you come back to your senses, you hear something familiar, something that you haven't heard in a long time, the sounds of animals all around you. Before you have a chance to investigate, however, you hear Derm talking about making someone fly. Immediately your attention turns to this new topic and you ask him if he'd let you try. You ask him a few more questions and after he answers them he flicks his hand towards you. Suddenly you find yourself shooting upwards into the air, flying far above the tree tops. The seconds seem like hours as you look around you taking in the amazing sight. The jungle stretches as far as the eyes can see, but something gigantic catches your sight. Far off in the distance stands a tree so enormous that the roots alone seem to stretch over the horizon. The gargantuan trunk and its massive crown span over a large part of the forest, throwing a shadow that makes the land below seem to be in a perpetual state of night. Caught up by this sight, you barely even notice gravity taking effect. On your way down you also see a large body of water, possibly a lake, off in the distance and some smoke rising up near it. As you fall below the tree tops again, you use your sharpened reflexes to push yourself off of a branch, making your way down by quickly jumping from branch to branch. As you land on the ground, the wind behind you pulls down a trail of leaves behind you as the sheer speed with which you flew down caused a vacuum tunnel to form in your path. Standing there for a moment, you feel like you just regained something that you forgot you ever had.
Ability gained: Flash-step

Barmot starts hacking and slashing his way through the brush. Maybe he'd find some herbs he could use to enchant his weapon...

(1+1) Looking around this new environment, you are still only able to think about how cool it would be to have a weapon that burnt a hole through your foes or shocked them into oblivion. But alas, you still lack the resources and the ability to make yourself one, so you decide to fulfill at least one of the requirements by finding something that you could use to enchant your axe. However, as you search around, slashing your way through the heavily overgrown area, you see nothing that would even indicate the existence of something you could use for your cause. After a while you give up the search, thinking that this might not be the right place for the things you are searching for. But hey, maybe you could ask a little kid to glue some leaves onto your axe to make it look cool.

Head for the bottom of the hill.

(2) Not wasting any time to get going, you notice that the area below seems to be the best place to go, so you attempt to make your way down there. However, the journey seems to be more difficult than you had anticipated as you find yourself walking down winding paths and having to constantly turn around as you have nothing that can cut through the thick vines blocking your way. Making your way through this mace of trees and brushes, you finally see a clearing ahead. As you walk towards it, you're about to cheer for your success ... until you notice that you're back where you started. You'd let out a sigh right now if you'd have any lungs.

Follow the slope while thinking of ways to enhance resilience of the body through martial arts techniques (e.g. steel body).

(5) Seeing the necromancer making his way down the hill, you decide to follow him and find out what lies ahead. On your way, your thoughts start wandering and you quickly loose track of the way your companion went. You simply keep heading on, but eventually you come across a thick branch blocking your way. Thinking that it would be wasted effort to search for a way around it, you simply decide to make it move. Through smashing it. In order to accomplish this task, you attempt to ready yourself. Clearing your mind, you picture your body in front of your inner eye. You see every little scratch and every single hair on your skin. Focusing, you change the picture of yourself, making your body stronger and more resilient, turning your skin as hard as steel, able to deflect even the strongest attacks. With absolute focus, you throw back your arm and then slam it forward, ramming your hand into the branch. The large wooden trunk is launched by the impact of your palm, flying away and breaking into several pieces in mid-air. Impressed by your own mental prowess and the strength hidden within you, you think that you may be able to build upon this new ability of yours.
Ability gained: Martial Arts: Steel Body

Frolic.

(3) As you come to your senses, you find yourself in a beautiful rainforest. Excitedly you look around, taking in all the noises of the singing birds and the small critters jumping around in the trees and brushes. With a wide smile on your face, you start prancing around, practically dancing through the area around the clearing, playing with the little animals and swinging on the vines like some hairy jungle man. As you finish up, you go back into the clearing throwing yourself in the field and smelling on the pretty flowers. You lay there trying to make a snow angel in the grass, thinking about how good life is.

------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:17:50 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 9: Rocket Science, Kung Fu Dogman and Sonic The Fox)
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »

Derm waited for a second as the fox girl made her way back to the dirt. 'Report. What did you see?'

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 9: Rocket Science, Kung Fu Dogman and Sonic The Fox)
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »

OOC: Hey my branch is gone >:( (:P)

Use branch and begin using it to clear a way down the incline

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2012, 08:16:08 pm »

Phbbt. Maybe I'll find some sort of Gaia Sword or something later.

Barmot gives up his search for herbs, and chops a path deeper into the forest, forging ahead in a random direction that could very well be the right way.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:38:30 am by Greenstarfanatic »

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2012, 08:17:24 pm »

OOC: Hey my branch is gone >:( (:P)

Wait what. How did the branch erase itself from your status?  :o
Fixed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:25:39 pm by VincValentine »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25