Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 34013 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 7: Giant Lasers, Cat-On-Fox Action and Badassery)
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:30 pm »

Continue down path, philosopize about the empty abyss of the universe. And belly rubs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 7: Giant Lasers, Cat-On-Fox Action and Badassery)
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »

Turn 8

AAAHH! THE PLANT THINGY IS BACK! KILL IT.

(4) Annoyed by the fact that you have nothing to do, you look around the area. Your eyes wander over to the necromancer who seems to be followed by something ... small. Not sure what it is, you walk up to it and take a closer look, when the little thing turns to face you, shining with a wide smile. You can only think "OH GOD THE HORROR" as orcs are generally known to be extremely allergic to cute things. There was only way to go about this, it's either him or you, in ...
A BATTLE TO THE DEATH.
As you prepare for the biggest challenge of your life, the absolutely ultimate showdown, you accidentally take a step forward and crush the plant under your weight. Well, that was anti-climatic.

She helped the canine up.

(2) As you came to your senses, you realized that the smell of blood on you was that of the canine. You quickly made your way over to him, knowing that you had done something that could never fully be forgiven. For the first time you felt remorse and regret at your actions, seeing the grievous wounds you have inflicted on him. Unsure of whether you could ever make up for what you had done, you wanted to at least start by helping the man you disfigured. You stretch your paw out to the dog man, attempt to offer him your assistance, but he lightly slaps it away, rejecting your attempt at reconciliation. Filled with a growing hatred, the canine didn't want to receive anyone's help anymore. You could feel his emotions far too clearly and these unwanted results of your actions struck you deeply. Maybe he just needs some time alone? Not yet wanting to give up on the hope of undoing your mistakes, you watch as he forces himself to stand up and slowly starts making his way down the path. You walk a bit behind him, keeping pace and still wondering if there is anything you could do.

Once that's done and over with, scout ahead down the path, joining Derm.
Silently, Derm moved on.
Try to move slowly down the path.
Move down that path, supporting Thale if he accepts, keeping watch for civilization and what not and removing any obstacles in the way.
Continue onwards.
Continue down path, philosopize about the empty abyss of the universe. And belly rubs.

Everyone finishes it up what they were doing, be it bleeding out, stomping plants or shooting giants lasers, and the party regroups, starting to make their way down the path together. Travelling down the walkway is much more easy going now that it was replace by the giant half-tunnel that Derm created. As you continue down the forest path for a while, you see a clearing up ahead and some kind of stone structure that seems to be at the level where the path used to be, completely untouched by the particle beam. You walk up to the structure and up the sloped sides of the hole, making your way on top of it. As you stand on it, you notice that it seems to be a giant round mosaic, the picture being of something that seems to resemble the mythological description of an angel. The forest seems to be growing around this circle, but you see a clearing at the other end. Making your way over, you see a stone path up ahead, significantly larger than the forest path and filled with depictions of what seem to be historical events, ranging from people kneeling on the ground around a large statue to large battles of men and unidentifiable creatures. Each of you look at the ground as you walk along, inspecting these odd pictures of a time long lost. After a short while, you reach what seems to be the end of the path and you make your way up a short flight of stairs.
Your mouths hang agape as you stare at the awe inspiring view in front of you. A large half-circle stretches out around you, the ground seemingly made of pure marble. The outer edges of the half-circle are lined with massive columns stretching into the air far above and monumental statues of odd-looking creatures. As you take a look around, you notice that there seem to 13 small pedestals stood at the front in regular intervals. Each of these tiny columns seems to hold a small, colored and nearly translucent orb. You marvel at the array in front of you, but before you get the chance to inspect the spheres, a bright light shines in the area in front of you. Looking up, you see a small blue dot flying in from above the flight with an incredible amount of speed. You can only block the wave of dust slamming into your faces as the object lands with an astonishing amount of force, impacting the area in front of you like an warhead.

So, you have arrived.

Through the clouds of dust, a bright blue light shines through. As the dust slowly settles, you look ahead and barely believe your own eyes.
Floating a few feet above the ground in front of you is something which you could only describe as an angel. Between divinely crafted golden armor and shoulder plates lies a cloak with a white hood, concealing what seems to be an unending darkness inside. The being closely resembles a human, but on its backs are large, flowing strands of blue energy, which you presume to be its wings. On its waist, the creature keeps what seems to be a double-ended sword folded together, with two edges emerging from the top and bottom of the hilt respectively.  The left hand holds onto a gigantic tower shield, engraved with runes that seem to be moving and the picture of a strong light shining on a small man. Overall the being is at least twice the size of the entire party stacked on top of each other, one edge of its sword already towering far over the tallest in the group. As it speaks, you hear its voice all around you as if it didn't have an actual source and it speaks to you as if in your own language, allowing you to understand it as clear as day.

I have awaited you, chosen ones. I am the one known as Sariel. Many eons have passed since there was last a band that attempted to restore order. You may not remember your past or how you got here, but I assure you, there are much greater things at stake here than the worlds you came from. Indeed, the center has been becoming more and more unstable in the last few millennia. It is a matter of mere years now before the core shall reach its limits. If that should happen, there would be nothing more that we could do.

The holy being nods its head before floating backwards above the center piece in the row of pedestals, gesturing with its right hand for the party to come closer. The group moves up a bit, standing in front of the back most pedestal.

These are what you are here for. They are known as the curse holders. Each of these pedestals holds a small globe, a projection of what is known as a keystone. In order to return order to the universe, you must use these projections to enter the hollowed universes known as Chaos Factions. Each faction holds one of these keystones, it is your divine obligation to return the keystones to the curse holders in order to seal their essences.
Every one of these projections leads to a different world, consider your options and choose wisely, I shall send you to your first faction when you have made your choice. If you have any questions before then, I may be able to answer them for you.

Sariel gestures to the pedestals and continues to hover above them, seemingly awaiting the responses of the party.

------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:47:31 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8: It begins.)
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2012, 04:40:00 pm »

...Sure, why the eck not. It's not like I have anything better to do.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2012, 04:41:34 pm »

There was a half second of silence when the angel finished talking which was abruptly replaced by Derm telepathically screaming in agony and convulsing on the ground via being in the presence of what he absently noted to be quite a lot of holy energy.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:47 pm »

Beat the crap out of the orc for killing my pet then wait for the rest of the group to choose and orb and follow them.

:| Why GSF, it was clearly not the plant it was tiny little plant man ...

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2012, 04:49:48 pm »

There was a half second of silence when the angel finished talking which was abruptly replaced by Derm telepathically screaming in agony and convulsing on the ground via being in the presence of what he absently noted to be quite a lot of holy energy.

Noticing the pain of the be-tentacled one, the angelic being quickly surrounds itself with a bubble that seems to be some kind of shield.

My condolences, dark one. I did not consider the effects of my aura on your kind. I shall restrain the divine energy.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2012, 05:08:11 pm »

Hmmm, Sariel sounds very similar to Sigarial.

I am suspicious.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2012, 05:09:51 pm »

No, You're paranoid. Or psychic. Or insane.

Or all of the above.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

Derm lay on the floor, slightly steaming as per comedic effect.

He was also a bit peeved.

'Ten hundred million eons of war between our masters, uncounted numbers of my people killed, since the dawn of time your races mere presence causes me to burn like kindling, and you ask for my help?'

Derm stood up and assumed an angry posture. "Scree!"

'If I had my proper equipment you would be in the battle of your life right now. But since I appear to have lost all of my best enchantments and my most powerful weapon in the involuntary teleport to Hastur know where, you have exactly once chance to tell me why I should even bother to consider following a divine mandate from the thrice damned light gods!'
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2012, 05:47:16 pm »

Derm lay on the floor, slightly steaming as per comedic effect.

He was also a bit peeved.

'Ten hundred million eons of war between our masters, uncounted numbers of my people killed, since the dawn of time your races mere presence causes me to burn like kindling, and you ask for my help?'

Derm stood up and assumed an angry posture. "Scree!"

'If I had my proper equipment you would be in the battle of your life right now. But since I appear to have lost all of my best enchantments and my most powerful weapon in the involuntary teleport to Hastur know where, you have exactly once chance to tell me why I should even bother to consider following a divine mandate from the thrice damned light gods!'

Sariel pauses for a moment, seemingly considering the monologue the being just heard.

I understand your anger, dark one, and I will not attempt to make excuses for my race. It is true that we have made misjudgments and caused great suffering to your kind, but I assure you that it is in your own interest to continue on in this quest. Not just our race is endangered, but yours is in peril as well. In fact, should your party not be able to return the keystones, I fear that the very universes we live in shall cease to exist. I plead with you as a representative of the kingdom, lend us your strength in this journey and you shall reattain your old strength and be awarded even more.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2012, 06:09:49 pm »

Derm stared at the embodiment of his anathema.

'Destroy the uni- What demented god would be stupid enough to even make existence rely on physical objects-'

Derm held his hand to his forehead. Several tentacles made a thoroughly rude motion to those who knew Illithid body language.

'Fine.' He sent. 'But know this. I don't do this for any sense of 'good'. I don't do it out of any sense of 'justice'. If it were any other way I would be feasting on the brains of these fools next to me. It is a matter of if the universe ends there won't be anything for my masters to conquer.'

Derm flicked a tentacle at the orbs. 'Where do each of those go. What are we getting for supplies and equipment?' Derm stared at the angel. 'I'm sure that the expedition to save the entire existence of everything isn't being sent out with-' He waves his staff around. 'This thing.'

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2012, 06:37:01 pm »

Derm flicked a tentacle at the orbs. 'Where do each of those go. What are we getting for supplies and equipment?' Derm stared at the angel. 'I'm sure that the expedition to save the entire existence of everything isn't being sent out with-' He waves his staff around. 'This thing.'

You may not trust my words completely, but believe me, this is more than simply a ill-minded god that we are dealing with here. As for the equipment, I understand that you may find it lacking, but I fear that the most I can give you without interfering too much is that which you have been given by the subspace storage. However, I can guarantee you that you shall find the powerful equipment that you need on your journey in the factions themselves.

The being then turns its attention, pointing at the orbs.

The orbs that you see here are simply projections of the actual sigils, the keystones. They each lead to radically different worlds in different universes. If you look closely, you will see that they each have a plaque beneath them, giving a rough description of the world you'll encounter inside.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:32 pm »

Humph. Someone read them for me. I'm tired.

Barmot lays down on the floor and begins snoring.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2012, 06:41:08 pm »

Derm rolled his eyes and strode on over to peer at each of the plaques and orbs.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »

Greenstar, may I suggest quotation marks for talking?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25