Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 34020 times)

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 6: Herbal Combat, The Fox Spirit Awakens and Overkill)
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2012, 11:23:24 pm »

Turn 7

Onwards.

(6) Feeling no need to concern yourself with the happenings of your party members, you decide to simply continue on your merry way. However, looking ahead you see that there are still many logs in your way. These blockades are starting to get on your nerves. Deciding that it they should be the ones to make way foe your brilliance, you attempt to channel your mind into a physical form, planning to throw them out of your way. (6+1) As you start channeling your energy into physical form, you feel something unnatural. Your veins start to pulsate as you feel a surge of energy rushing through you. Wondering where it could be coming from, you notice that it seems to be streaming into you from another dimension. However, you don't have very much time to wonder about it as the energy is quickly turning into a large unstable mass floating dangerously close infront of you. Before you can attempt to avert some of the power, the ball of energy starts convulsing. Thinking quickly, you try to focus it down the path you were heading. (4) You manage to create a kind of funnel around it just in time as the mass implodes. For a second nothing happens, but you know the now tiny ball is still dangerous and keep up the shield. In the time frame of a second, the minuscule mass explodes and, being redirected by the funnel, channels into an enormous laser beam. The force of the giant blast devastates everything in its path, destroying not only the tree trunks, but also the path beneath them and the trees standing around them. Even the trees not directly caught in the line of destruction are still bent away from it, as if a nuclear explosion had gone off next to them. After the dust settles, you see that the area where the path once was is now replace with a half-moon shaped dent in the ground that seems to go on for quite a while. You wonder where the hell that power came from as you look at your handiwork.

Barmot gets up and tries to wake up the kitsune.

Once that is accomplished, he goes and tries to clear the path again.

(3) Still shaken up by what just happened, you get up and notice the kitsune lying on the ground behind you. Just as you try to go over to wake her up, the nekomimi jumps over and does something rather ... interesting. You watch for a moment before you realize what you're doing and try to divert your attention by cleaning up the mess you caused. However, as you walk over to where the logs were laying, you are suddenly blinded by a large blast of light. When you can see again, you notice that where the trunks used to be, there is now a whole bunch of nothing. Seems like everyone is doing your job for you today.

Attempt to use the power of my Grimore and the Amulet to revive the demon plant thing!

(2+1) Still staring at the scene in front of you, you see that Thale seems to be heavily injured. You want to go over to help him, but you stop yourself thinking that he probably wouldn't want you playing around on him with your necromancy. Instead you decide to put your powers to use by attempting to make the plant your minion. You attempt to raise the monster as your servant, but the combination of your shock at the scene and the advanced destruction of the plant make it difficult for you to repair it. You force your aching bones to create something from the plant's rests, but it just won't move. However, you do seem to awaken something as a pile of the man-eaters pieces starts to move. From below it a small leaf emerges and you see that it is quickly followed by a tiny body. You seem to have created a little sapling man, who immediately runs over to you and clings to your leg. You wonder what uses he could have, but your thoughts are interrupted by his little face looking up at you and ... d'aww, he's just so cute!

Attempt to wake up!

(5) Almost weightless you drift through your conscious. What just happened? The last thing you remember was being attacked by the plant and then everything was just ... just red. As you ponder these thoughts, you feel gravity slowly affecting you again until you suddenly start falling. The shock from the fall is enough to rip you from your dream and send you out of your sleep. However, you feel an odd sensation on you. As if someone was laying on you and ... kissing you? You quickly open your eyes to see the nekomimi on top of you. You're about to question her what she's trying to do when she opens her eyes and lifts herself from you. "Oh, you're awake," she says, sounding almost a bit disappointed. You don't even give it a second thought and start looking around, until you see Thale. Your eyes freeze on him.

Revive the Kitsune via mouth-to-mouth.

(4) You look at the scene in front of you for a second, but you hear something behind you with your cat ears and turn around to see the kitsune laying on the floor. Quickly you run over to here, half ways on all fours. Sitting next to her you notice that she seems to be unconscious. Unsure about what do about this, you decide to give her something that resembles CPR. Except without the pressing on the chest. And a lot more of the mouth contact. You breathe air into her mouth, trying to get her to wake up. The procedure quickly devolves into simple mouth contact, but before you get a chance to "enjoy it" (Yeah. >_>), you notice that she has woken up. You sit up with a disappointed look on your face. Then you notice that she seems to be staring at something and turn your head to see a shocking sight.

Stop bleeding with shreds of own clothing, try to survive.

(6-2) You drift on the edge of consciousness like on a river. Laying on the ground, your vision blurs as pictures and voices drift in and out of your mind.
"Nothing but beasts" ... "They'll try to kill you first" ... "You are weak" ...
Words that seemed like reflections from a time long forgotten, hallowing through your thoughts like echoes.
"You are weak."
Weak. You did feel weak right now. The one who you thought was your companion, no, your friend brought you this close to death. When you tried to protect her, she turned on you and nearly killed you. Was it on purpose? Were they really nothing but savage beasts? Questions flew through your mind as you felt yourself weakening more and more.
No. This was not it. Something like this would not be the end of you.
Turning the process around, you quickly start regaining consciousness as you forcefully pull yourself together. You open your eyes, feeling the immense pain of your wound again. However, in response to your powerful will, your body has started pumping out adrenaline like crazy, allowing you to ignore the pain. Biting down, you slowly get to your feet. You rip off your armor and throw it to the ground, the cloth shirt following directly thereafter. You then rip the shirt apart and start to bandage yourself with the shreds. As the cloth touches your wound you are struck by pain, (5) but you manage to fight through it. You bring the shirt around the wound, completely covering the wound and expertly tying it off. As you finish up, you notice that the tight bandage seems to have stopped the bleeding completely. You nearly fall over, laying yourself on the back as the pain still persists a bit and the adrenaline starts to wear off. As you lay there on your back and say, smiling: "Not today."

------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

======
Phew. That was a fun turn.
Seems like Thale really didn't need any help after all. :D
Left the secondary actions out, do them in the next turn if you really want to beat each other up. :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:36:51 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 7: Giant Lasers, Cat-On-Fox Action and Badassery)
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2012, 11:36:57 pm »

AAAHH! THE PLANT THINGY IS BACK! KILL IT.

Once that's done and over with, scout ahead down the path, joining Derm.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »

Derm stared at the gaping rend in the ground.

He blinked.

'Felt like a dimensional rift. Petty, probably. Let's see, if the local psionic wavelength field is shaped just so and my power is X, the required energy to breech a rift-Is the dog man dead yet I could use a snack- would be about seventeen decithaums, which shaped by 'Hrongs third theorem'- wait need to account for possible unholy influence... hmm.'

Silently, Derm moved on.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2012, 11:57:56 pm »

Sunbeam blinked at as Derm went on a tirade. Employing her best stealthiness, the Nekomimi whispers to the rest of her team, "Pssst, don't make Derm upset...he's a-", *shifty eyes*, "...Mormon."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2012, 12:00:16 am »

Suddenly I realize the folly of making a character who speaks in thoughts and not telling people when these thoughts are actually being broadcasted/completely internalized.

Also that wasn't a rant. Think Mordin Solus. Except, you know, magical and gains power off eating peoples still living brains.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:03:17 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2012, 12:30:04 am »

love this, posting to watch :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2012, 04:03:14 am »

((Hurrah! Our canine buddy is alive! Caellath will be back in quite a few hours from now, so I'm enjoying this moment.

* Tiruin basks in the glory that is temporal limitations.
))

Warmth.

Lyri felt something approach, whether it was her prey or not, the distinct smell of cat came nearer and nearer. She couldn't move, she couldn't act. It was going to kill her, she'd bet. Well, perhaps a fitting end fo-

. . .

Did that taste like cat fur?

The kitsune awoke, feeling her lips pressed onto another. Curious, she stared at the beast that was trying to...taste her in a strange fashion. As if noticing her present state, it returned the gaze and said something that was hard to comprehend, but was friendly and all.

Hey wait, that was the same cat she saw earlier!

Sunbeam blinked at as Derm went on a tirade. Employing her best stealthiness, the Nekomimi whispers to the rest of her team, "Pssst, don't make Derm upset...he's a-", *shifty eyes*, "...Mormon."

And it spoke strange words! Lyri tilted her head in confusion, wiping her mouth before rubbing her paw. It was covered with blood reminiscent of a certain canine.

Her scent was the first to detect the source. Thale.

Her reflexes kicked into action, guessing that he was hurt by the plant in some way. Approaching him, she saw the dog-man relax and lay back.

"Not today."

Her gaze drifted from her paws, to his chest. The marks resembled that of her weapons and her own natural ones. Words tried to form in her mouth of an apology, but she was unsure if he could comprehend her in...this form.

Why couldn't she shift back?

Saddened, she just plopped herself next to him and gestured to his wounds, then to herself, all the while looking at him in the eye and feeling the start of restrained tears in her own. There was this strange feeling in her that felt like anger and sadness combined. It was her first ever experience of guilt and regret.

((Vinc, we aren't in a wooden room anymore.  :P

Also, waiting on Caellath.

Vinc, can you move kingfisher over to the waiting list and replace with someone who is actively interested at the moment?))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2012, 04:11:29 am »

Vinc, can you move kingfisher over to the waiting list and replace with someone who is actively interested at the moment?))
Make it two!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2012, 08:25:33 am »

((Vinc, we aren't in a wooden room anymore.  :P

Also, waiting on Caellath.

Oh, right. That location thing still exists. Will fix that next turn. :P

And I was hesitant about making kingfisher inactive as I did say that I wouldn't be able to post a turn until Monday.

Make it two!

Don't worry, you two will be able to join either way. :)

love this, posting to watch :P

Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:34:09 am by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2012, 10:06:14 pm »

((This weekend has been busy but I haven't forgotten this, it is too fun to miss. I'll be posting soon.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2012, 10:12:18 pm »

((This weekend has been busy but I haven't forgotten this, it is too fun to miss. I'll be posting soon.))

No problem, tomorrow is gonna be pretty busy for me so I'll probably do the next turn on Tuesday.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

Stop worrying man, your last action was yesterday. The RTD isn't going to grind to a halt due to a little tiny delay... Well, unless you're the person literally needed to continue the plot.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2012, 12:40:27 am »

Thale smiled as he lied still on the ground, looking over his torso...It was almost entirely bandaged, red stains visible in several locations and concentrating on the lines caused by the kitsune's attack. Her attack... Not only he had been almost killed by her strike, no person except the skeletal creature had considered helping him. His eyes narrowed as the comprehension sank in.

He had been weak then. And he was still weak now. Moving in his condition would be difficult, and his body still seemed to protest with the simplest of movements. But even then, no one offered assistance so he could walk. A simple gesture which could mean so much...The answer was obvious: he didn't need anyone. His life was his to maintain, and if he didn't try to maintain it, no one would.

His gaze turned to the gesturing kitsune near him. She stared into his eyes with emotion, but he felt unable to return it properly; his own eyes only showed her deep disappointment and a spreading tinge of indifference. Even in his sorry state, his hand rose slowly to pat her on the head, to make her feel better...But it retreated quickly, as if struck by lightning. Monster. No one would show the same compassion towards him. His eyes grew colder as he started to try and prop himself up.

Try to move slowly down the path.
((Action just in case it is needed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2012, 12:52:09 am »

*Pat*

*Pat*

That was the sound Lyri expected as Thale raised his hand, but it never came.

His expression swiftly changed, perhaps. It wasn't in his face so much as his eyes. What did the dog-man think? Was it because of the pain she caused?

The hand that approached her decided to help it's master up. Lyri had to do something to appease the creature she'd hurt by accident.

She helped the canine up.

Being unable to verbally speak to it, she wondered if it resented her because of her attack...The marks were obviously by her own hands. Would it still accept her as a friend? She wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't. She had broken the intangible pact of not hurting an ally, and especially one as strange as this.

Move down that path, supporting Thale if he accepts, keeping watch for civilization and what not and removing any obstacles in the way.

She wondered what he was really feeling right now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:56:01 am by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2012, 02:41:28 pm »

Continue onwards.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25