Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 34036 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 5: Lumberjack Orc, Crappy Hexes and Maneaters)
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2012, 03:45:28 pm »

"Begone foul demon, begone!" Nefarious yelled at the plant as he took up arms, more precisely his precious book and the branch he had gotten earlier, time to see if those thousand year old mage knight classes had any effect.

Attack the foul plant demon with branch and book of Necromancy, will the trees that have been chopped down to come to life and attack the plant demon.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2012, 04:01:49 pm »

Turn 6

Keep walking.

(4) You walk along the forest way when you come across the logs that the green fool knocked onto the path. Mentally sighing at his incompetence, you suddenly hear a loud noise akin to a whip smacking the ground. You turn to see the kitsune under attack by a large plant. "Pah," you think, "Not my problem." You ignore her plight and keep walking down the path, slowly making your way over the fallen tree trunks.

"Begone foul demon, begone!" Nefarious yelled at the plant as he took up arms, more precisely his precious book and the branch he had gotten earlier, time to see if those thousand year old mage knight classes had any effect.

Attack the foul plant demon with branch and book of Necromancy, will the trees that have been chopped down to come to life and attack the plant demon.

(2) As you walk down the stairs by the tree, still eyeing your little medallion, you suddenly hear a commotion going on somewhere down there. You start running as fast as you can to the source of the noise. However, when you arrive there, everything is already over. You barely notice the nekomimi standing next to you as you two stare at the scene.

Barmot uses his strength to clear the path, before hearing a few groans. He turns around and finds the Kitsune being attacked by a plant!

He rushes over and swings at the 'neck' with his axe.

(3) Seeing the inconvenience caused by your recent woodcutting rampage, you try to clear the path again. You barely manage to lift one trunk to the side when you hear a loud rumbling and whipping. Turning your head to see the fox lady under attack, you immediately drop the next log, grab your axe and rush over to her. As you run over to her, you notice the dog man joining in as well. You arrive and immediately swing axe at the root that connects the plant's gaping maw with the ground. (1+1) However, as you attempt to cut strike it, the root suddenly bends back, completely avoiding your attack and leaving you stumbling forward a bit.

Shield bash the plant and protect companions from the plant's next attack.

(5) As you walk along the path nonchalantly, you try to get around the many trees that are laying on the path. Before you make beyond the second trunk however, your sensitive dog ears pick up the sound of a large plant moving. You look at the source of the sound and see a giant flytrap whipping at the kitsune. Being a man of action, you instantly start running towards plant. You see the Orc joining in as well and let him make the first move. He attempts to cut the plant's mouth off, but the carnivorous beast slyly evades his attack. Seeing the incredible agility of this creature, you try to counter it with your own. With a running start, you jump up to the monster's mouth and bash it straight in the face with your shield. (4+1) Your strike hits home as your incredible combat prowess flattens the maw, crushing the top into the bottom and ripping the entire "head" off of the large stem. As you land, you look at your handiwork quite proudly. However, it seems that the roots that are swinging through the air still live without the head. Before you can do anything to them though, you turn and start to fear for your own life.

Dodge and weave my way into melee! Aim to cut and scathe the stem and body of this monstrosity!

(6) Blood. Blood. Blood. You slowly move your hand up to your face and wipe at the wound with it. Holding the bloodied hand in front of your face, you stare at red splatter covering it. Blood. You look at it and your view starts to redden. Instincts long forgotten awaken and anger starts building up in you. The firey anger starts to overtake you (6) and you don't even attempt to stop it. The more you look at it, the more you start lapsing into a state of uncontrollable rage. How dare this shitty plant cut you? How dare it hurt a spirit of nature?! The veins in your eyes start straining and your pulse rises rapidly as your animalistic senses take over. You become more and more frenzied, not even noticing the people and things moving around you, when suddenly ... everything stops. Nobody around you seems to be moving anymore. You'd find it odd, if you were able to think clearly. But in your eyes, everything around you is the same thing.
Prey.

Thale and Barmot feel something from the direction the kitsune was. They turn, completely ignoring the plants thrashing around them, and see something they did not expect. Where the small girl used to stand, a larger woman is standing with bloodthirsty, glowing eyes. There seems to a red aura around her, seething with such power that it seems to lift the very earth up around her. Where there used to be a single tail, there now seems to be several flinging about behind her. You can't make out the exact number, but it seems to be around 6 or 7. Before you can even wonder what is happening, an extremely strong burst of wind emerges from her position like a shockwave, pushing into you and forcing both of you to close your eyes. As you open them again, you look to where the kitsune just stood, but see only a few falling leaves.

(Barmot: 4+1, Thale: 1+1, Plant: 1)

Barmot looks around, trying to spot the kitsune, when he sees that, what remains of the plant seems to be standing still. For a moment he wonders why that is, when suddenly thousands of cuts appear across the roots and ranks of the herb. At almost the same time, every little cut separates the plant, splitting it into a near uncountable amount of little pieces that fall to the ground in little piles. With an open mouth, he tries to realize what just happened, when he spots Thale who is standing between the piles. You really hope that what you're thinking will happen won't happen.

Thale stands between the plants long stems, which are violently striking around him, but he doesn't even notice them as he quickly turns his head back and forth, searching for where the fox lady could have gone. However, his search is cut short as everything around him suddenly ceases moving. He wonders what happened when the plants around fall apart at nearly the same moment. Before he can even question what the hell just happened, he has to cough. When he moves his hand away from his mouth, he looks at it and sees that it seems to be dripping with something. Blood? As he stares at it, he feels a wet sensation on his chest. A little afraid of what he'll see, he slowly looks down. Straight across his chest, three parallel diagonal lines pull down from his left shoulder to the bottom right part of his waist. As he gazes at it, his vision starts to fade. The pain of the wound strikes him and he collapses on the spot.

Meanwhile Lyri appears to be lying on the ground, several feet away from Barmot. She has her eyes closed and lays there as though asleep. With only one tail now, she seems to have returned to her former self.

------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

======

That was a fun turn. :P
Looks like we've got a nasty injury inflicted by a team mate here. Ahh, the wonders of rolling 6s.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:54:56 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »

((What about nekomimi? >:3))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Whoops, it didn't show that you posted adwarf, sorry. I tried putting the turn up like over an hour ago, but the forum didn't load for me. Same goes for TCM.
If you want to I can edit in that you two go there, too. If you want to risk having the same Fun as Thale. :3
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:20:46 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Onwards.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Yay friendly fire! Every game is better with friendly fire!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

There, I added you two in (though TCM within adwarf's action).
Also, Derm is the most uncaring team mate in the world. This group is perfect.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

You don't know my rep very well, do you?

This should not come as surprise. I am evil man. Evil man who recognizes 6 against 1 is terrible odds.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:47:08 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Adwarf's turn is in his quote.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Adwarf's turn is in his quote.

Derp. Fixed.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Barmot gets up and tries to wake up the kitsune.

Once that is accomplished, he goes and tries to clear the path again.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:04:41 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attempt to use the power of my Grimore and the Amulet to revive the demon plant thing!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:38:43 am by adwarf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I love how you portrayed the Kitsune based on her lore. And on her lore, in general. :)) ))

Peace

Solace.

The pain of being wounded was more than what Lyri could bear. She recalled the times when everything was done in a natural order, in which the mortals lived in mutual existence with her, and those who slandered her name 'paid with compensation' when she asked. Death was the last alternative, but it was what the beings deserved, stubborn things they were. She couldn't harm any being or mortal unless they broke tradition, though.

Perhaps this was a dream. She could feel her hands grow wet. The smell of...blood came to her senses. Her wound must've been deeper than she thought. Surely, nobody else was in-between the path of her and the plant. They were just idling once more, like all dream creatures do. Then a thought presented itself.

Did plants have blood?

There were many things which had such, but all worked the same. Sustenance of the being. She could only feel the want to end it.

And the world stood still. She could feel the life force of the plant grow dim and disappear, and perhaps those of her allies nearby follow suit. That tall green man and...the canine? It must be like the rest, all dreams must come to an end soon.

But strangely, she could still smell the scent of blood nearby. It did not seem to be her own.

Attempt to wake up!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:20:41 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 6: Herbal Combat, The Fox Spirit Awakens and Overkill)
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2012, 02:18:12 am »

((DON'T KILL THE DOG-MAN! I LIKED HIM D:))
((Strange way of showing it. :P

@adwarf: Don't try your hexes. I mean it. Leaving to sleep, will post later.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:08:00 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 6: Herbal Combat, The Fox Spirit Awakens and Overkill)
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2012, 05:01:30 am »

"Bweh? Kitsune?" Sunbeam ran over, curiously standing over Lyri's unconscious body. "Hmmm..."

Revive the Kitsune via mouth-to-mouth.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25