Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I think I found my vampire.  (Read 2014 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
I think I found my vampire.
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »

So, still finding people dead sucked dry. Haven't found the vampire yet obviously. If I have windows on the rooms will it help me catch the vampire in the act if someone passes by? Also does the game pause and state the event if you find them? (go to second post)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:14:43 pm by sadron »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Would having windows on my rooms help me catch my vampire?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:56 pm »

I doubt that windows would help overmuch. Dorms would definitely help - and would actually be almost advisable... at least temporarily. I can't recall if the game pauses and zooms to the dwarf, but I know it's recorded in the logs.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
Re: Would having windows on my rooms help me catch my vampire?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »

Actually, I think I found him. He's been accused of two murders over time, his only thoughts are "he was caught in the rain recently.", nothing about food or drinks or anything. He has 4 children yet is only 74 years old, and what I think seals the deal: "He is a member of The Fortunate Boot (my civilization). He is a member of The Dreamy Abbey. He is a former member of The Scalded Papers. He is a former member of The Last Radiance-Fellowship. He is a former member of The Destined Handles. He is a former member of The Enchanted Fountains. He is a former member of The Vessel of Roasting. He is a former member of The City of Communion. He is a former member of The Tin Swords. He is a former member of The Robust Creation. He is a former member of The Gate of Hooves. He is the former mayor of The Scalded Papers." etc. That's 8 previous affiliations. I think I've found my vampire. He's not pale though. His skin is "ecru" according to his z.

EDIT: OH! And near the bottom! "He needs alcohol to get through the working day, and can't even remember the last time he had some." I think this is my vampire.
EDIT2: AND he's not listed on my Dwarf Therapist. This is DEFINITELY the vampire.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:25:56 pm by sadron »

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think I found my vampire.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:01 pm »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:01 pm »

That's him. I prefer using the splintermind mirror with the cursecheck built in.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:11 pm »

That's him. I prefer using the splintermind mirror with the cursecheck built in.
What's that one about?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:35:12 pm »

What's that one about?

Its a version of DT with suggestions for the best job for each dwarf built in, as well as caste support and a cursechecker.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 11:50:10 pm »

There's a pretty good chance that is indeed the vampire. I recommend sealing him off in a room with no food or exit. If he doesn't get hungry he's the vampire.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 12:24:57 am »

I recommend sealing him off in a room with no food or exit.

Then make him your bookkeeper and manager.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 12:39:53 am »

Unfortunately, vampire managers tend to take fooooreeeeveeeer to validate orders after they've slowed down due to alcohol deprivation.

I suggest locking him in a box overlooking your entrance hall through floor grates for the dwarfiest F.R.O.G. ever.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 12:43:50 am »

Well right now he's locked away in our jail attached to a decent quality steel chain with a heavy silver door the only entrance to his cell, forbidden and tightly closed.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 12:49:33 am »

Oh? He's confined?

In that case, count how many rocks you can drop on him from 4zs before he dies from the resulting injuries.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 12:57:42 am »

Quite a few, I imagine, since unlike everyone else a spine shattering boulder will only make him slightly angry.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 01:03:18 am »

Drop socks then. I've had those shear off limbs.

(Admittedly, it was a modded species, and I think I may have made them a bit too delicate...)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:30 am »

What if he becomes unhappy enough to throw a tantrum? Can my adamantine equipped squad kill him?
Pages: [1] 2