Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Rotten Hearts!  (Read 6113 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Rotten Hearts!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 12:22:04 pm »

Hearts don't actually do anything but bleed a lot, IIRC.
Pretty much. You can walk off a severed heart in adventure mode.

"Don't worry! The axe only hit my heart!"

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 12:57:51 pm »

Then, i guess that having the heart quirurgically removed is actually an advantage to a military dwarf, since is a weak point less to care
about.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »

Wait! I can say through my own experience that hearts are indeed a necessary organ!

One time, I got bored, and made hearts [UNDER_PRESSURE] for no reason.
When I chopped someone in the chest, their heart obviously popped out.
Chopping the heart off caused the subject to INSTANTLY die.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Montopolis

• Bay Watcher
  • City on the Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »

I look forward to the day when Urist McMedicalTestSubject's heart will be able to be replaced with metal. I mean, the only thing that really matters to a dwarf is its beard, right?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you, saying 'Damn, that was fun.'"

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 01:28:05 pm »

I look forward to the day when Urist McMedicalTestSubject's heart will be able to be replaced with metal. I mean, the only thing that really matters to a dwarf is its beard, right?
And what about clean shaven dwarfs
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »

Then, i guess that having the heart quirurgically removed is actually an advantage to a military dwarf, since is a weak point less to care
about.
No, they bleed out very, very quickly. In the time it takes a Dwarf to take 5 steps, at most, that Dwarf will have bled to death.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 01:37:47 pm »

about.
No, they bleed out very, very quickly. In the time it takes a Dwarf to take 5 steps, at most, that Dwarf will have bled to death.
what if your dwarf is 2 feet from the hospital bed, then the doctor is right beside him healing him?
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 01:46:11 pm »

about.
what if your dwarf is 2 feet from the hospital bed, then the doctor is right beside him healing him?
We all know that the minute that dwarf hits the hospital bed Urist McSurgeon is going to remember he has a sock that needs to be placed in a cabinet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

about.
If he somehow manages to clean, suture the wound and staunch the bleeding then that Dwarf could live. That'd take one legendary MD though.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

Hearts don't actually do anything but bleed a lot, IIRC.
Pretty much. You can walk off a severed heart in adventure mode.

"Don't worry! The axe only hit my heart!"

This tread is so much win.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »

Well, there was that time I grafted molten adamantine onto my military dorf by dropping wafers god knows how far into water. I'm not even sure if it worked, but globs of molten adamantine were definitly sticking to their flesh.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 05:03:11 pm »

Well, there was that time I grafted molten adamantine onto my military dorf by dropping wafers god knows how far into water. I'm not even sure if it worked, but globs of molten adamantine were definitly sticking to their flesh.

.... I can't tell if that's genius or completely stupid. It is therefor dwarfy.

Montopolis

• Bay Watcher
  • City on the Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 05:08:16 pm »

I sort of think of a dwarf brain as an extension of the beard. The beard is what really controls the dwarf. However, some dwarfs prefer to limit their beards to inside their head. It must be some weird aspect of dwarf culture. Basically, the beard still exists even if it is not growing outside of the head.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you, saying 'Damn, that was fun.'"

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »

I sort of think of a dwarf brain as an extension of the beard. The beard is what really controls the dwarf. However, some dwarfs prefer to limit their beards to inside their head. It must be some weird aspect of dwarf culture. Basically, the beard still exists even if it is not growing outside of the head.
It's not like female dwarves didn't have beards. It is just not on their chins.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »

It's not like female dwarves didn't have beards. It is just not on their chins.

I was going to put a picture here, but the knowledge you have given me a mindfucked image should be enough for you to get your daily lulz.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 [2] 3