Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist and other micro management  (Read 842 times)

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist and other micro management
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:13 am »

I've been trying to find out more information about advanced uses for Dwarf Therapist. My goal was to make a new tab that only included things I cared about so that I could better manage priority job assignment.

Unfortunately doing a forum search for "Dwarf Therapist" yields hundreds of irrelevant responses however from time to time I stumble across other threads that seem to talk about other types of dwarf management utilities.

Basically I'm looking for one of two things. Either a source for detailed information about the use of Dwarf Therapist or information about other dwarf management tools and how to use them.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist and other micro management
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:51 am »

This might be more fitting in modding board, there're a thread for Dwarf Therapist and possibly other utilities that you could find useful there.

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:15:52 pm »

/HeadDesk
Totally thought thats where I was posting. Would a mod be so kind as to kick this thread over there or delete it and I'll repost

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 02:33:53 pm »

You can move the thread yourself, I think it's in one of the corners there's an option to move the thread

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 03:26:02 pm »

I looked in modding to see if you had a new thread....I didn't see one.

In therapist go to windows>docks>grid views.  You can right-click the existing tabs to duplicate it and trim them down (and probably rename them  :) ), or you can make a new one.  When you're editing a view you have to right click to add a new "set" and then go to the window on the right and right click it to remove/add individual labors to the view.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 04:37:41 pm »

Just go to the DF wiki and it'll provide a link directly to the most recent version of Dwarf Therapist.