Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: After building a lever all 40 of my poultry genocided my dwarves  (Read 2722 times)

xeluc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: After building a lever all 40 of my poultry genocided my dwarves
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 11:24:55 am »

HAHA. Yeah I was just gawking at my moniter. They were pastured underground. Anyway to avoid this?

xeluc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 11:40:57 am »

Also, I don't believe I was in an evil biome. Those are purple in that set right? Or if that's something different, would someone be kind enough to show me how to check? Based on the carnage in the nest-room, I think one reanimated and slaughtered the rest. My fortress looked like a zombie movie, sooo much blood spattered around.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 11:44:42 am »

Evil biomes also extend underground. If corpses reanimate on the surface they will also reanimate underground.

It only takes a single dead chicken, with death caused by any reason, to turn them all into zombies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 11:51:11 am »

HAHA. Yeah I was just gawking at my moniter. They were pastured underground. Anyway to avoid this?
Zombie spirals? Treat them like tantrum spirals combined with a high pressure water flood, and you should be fine.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 01:05:01 pm »

I hear chicken armies are extremely OP against dinosaurs, namely T-Rexes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:07:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

Poultrygeist!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 04:20:57 pm »

Also, I don't believe I was in an evil biome. Those are purple in that set right? Or if that's something different, would someone be kind enough to show me how to check? Based on the carnage in the nest-room, I think one reanimated and slaughtered the rest. My fortress looked like a zombie movie, sooo much blood spattered around.
An evil biome can be one of 6 different colors, depending on what type of biome it is. The map legend on the wiki explains it all.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

xeluc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »

Thank you all so much for your fast replies. I can now rest easy understanding why the Great Turkey Zombie Apocalypse of 2012 happened. Totally gonna make a water trap this time around.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »

Thank you all so much for your fast replies. I can now rest easy understanding why the Great Turkey Zombie Apocalypse of 2012 happened. Totally gonna make a water trap this time around.
So instead of a horde of bloodthirsty turkeys you will have a horde of aquatic bloodthirsty turkeys in a room capable of both drowning and pecking the fortress to death. :D

..someone needs to make a wallpaper out of this.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:17 pm »

And so another was baptized in magma in the name of Armok. Welcome brother and/or sister.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 10:49:00 pm »

NedeN: You can't drown zombies, if that's what you're planning. It's better to pasture them somewhere filled with cage traps, so if they turn they're captured.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]