Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What mods do you guys use for adventure mode?  (Read 3436 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
What mods do you guys use for adventure mode?
« on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:07 pm »

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what mods you usually use for adventure mode, since I'm striving for maximum compatibility in my own mod, Fear the Night.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What mods do you guys use for adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 07:16:51 pm »

I was about to say Fear The Night. But then you said you made that mod. Aside from FTN, I usually use wanderer's friend.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »

I use my own. I look around other mods as well and search for interesting stuff. If I see something I like, I study it and make my own or copy some aspects to already existing stuff I've made like:

> I made my own Holistic Spawn creatures but I also added some aspects I've seen from Masterwork(?) ones like infecting & turning dwarves specifically as well as a special cocktail of syndromes for everyone else.

> Interesting skills like Ice/Freezing breath for my Frost Wyrms that I customized a bit. Now my creature also bleeds it and freezes the weapons (and the their arms, and then...) of would be Adventurers foolish enough to go melee.

> Racial skills spells for my own custom Races & creatures. My singing Nymphs for example can polymorph anyone who gets too close unto Fluffy Wamblers.

there are a lot of neat mods out there really...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »

Uber Adventurer
Xenomorph & Yautja
Every Species lives in towns
Witch Hunter
Witcher
Wanderer

Holy crap, this is the first time I noticed how much stuff I have on DF

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:38:56 pm »

Uber Adventurer
Xenomorph & Yautja
Witch Hunter
Witcher
Wanderer

I use my own. I look around other mods as well and search for interesting stuff. If I see something I like, I study it and make my own or copy some aspects to already existing stuff I've made like:

> I made my own Holistic Spawn creatures but I also added some aspects I've seen from Masterwork(?) ones like infecting & turning dwarves specifically as well as a special cocktail of syndromes for everyone else.

> Interesting skills like Ice/Freezing breath for my Frost Wyrms that I customized a bit. Now my creature also bleeds it and freezes the weapons (and the their arms, and then...) of would be Adventurers foolish enough to go melee.

> Racial skills spells for my own custom Races & creatures. My singing Nymphs for example can polymorph anyone who gets too close unto Fluffy Wamblers.

Do any of those contain syndromes that cause transformations? If so what syndrome class are they (if any). I simply want to know because my infernomancers and liches have permanent transformations and I want to try to make sure a player can't lock themselves out of any powers they may have already acquired.

EDIT: aside from the polymorph spell obviously
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:22 pm »

Do any of those contain syndromes that cause transformations? If so what syndrome class are they (if any). I simply want to know because my infernomancers and liches have permanent transformations and I want to try to make sure a player can't lock themselves out of any powers they may have already acquired.

It's just basically the transformation reactions like Lycanthropy & Vampirism the vanilla DF but customized a bit to be controllable, like giving it a set time limit and cooldown to recast.

The DF Modding threads have far better info and examples so do look search & around there. Also extra tip: transformations also have certain bugs that can lead to crashing, there are work arounds & such but as I've said...better & more accurate details there.

Well, here's a sample:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SPELL_POLYMORPH]
                [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: enchanted ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2:, turning them into a fluffy wambler]
                [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
                [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:MORPH]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
                [IT_IMMUNE_CREATURE:NYMPH]
                [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL:HAS_BLOOD]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOTHOUGHT]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPIRISM]
                [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
                [IE_ARENA_NAME:Polymorphed]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:POLYMORPH]
[SYN_NAME:polymorphed]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:55]
[CE:CREATURE:WAMBLER_FLUFFY:FEMALE]
Can't just paste that of course...it needs some fixin' for anyone's personal use.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:05:15 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 10:05:20 pm »

It's just basically the transformation reactions like Lycanthropy & Vampirism the vanilla DF but customized a bit to be controllable.

The DF Modding threads have far better info and examples so do look search & around there. Also extra tip: transformations also have certain bugs that can lead to crashing, there are work arounds & such but as I've said...better & more accurate details there.

I'm aware of the bugs, and I fixed all the ones with my creatures in FTN 1.2, I'm just trying to figure out a way to prevent a player from being locked out of one of their abilities.

Did you give your transformation syndromes a class? Like [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE] or something?

EDIT: Derp, you edited your post

I guess I'll also include some other generic syndrome classes in the list of [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS], thanks
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:08:08 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 02:00:38 am »

I use my own little mod. It lets me rework weapons, changing their quality but removing any decoration they may have had, as well as decorate them with rocks, bones, teeth, shell, leather, and gems. And it lets you clean hides and make cloaks, so you can get some seriously epic dragon skin cloaks. I think. I haven't actually tested to see if butchered dragons produce skin as well as scale. I'm also thinking of adding a syndrome to dragon blood that makes creatures who drink it super fire immune and lets them breathe fire. I'm not sure how well that would mesh with fortress mode, though.

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 07:03:56 am »

Dwarf chocolate + Fear the night  :P

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 07:31:08 am »

Uber Adventurer
Xenomorph & Yautja
Witch Hunter
Witcher
Wanderer

No they do not, good sir. The first two are are creature mods, the third should speak for itself, and the Witcher mod is basically magic like elemental magic and druid magic. The last two are adventure mode crafting mods.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 12:13:10 pm »

Uber Adventurer
Xenomorph & Yautja
Witch Hunter
Witcher
Wanderer

No they do not, good sir. The first two are are creature mods, the third should speak for itself, and the Witcher mod is basically magic like elemental magic and druid magic. The last two are adventure mode crafting mods.
Thanks for the reply
Dwarf chocolate + Fear the night  :P
Yep, I think it was you who had the problem with the books and the secrets, which is the whole reason I started trying to fix compatibility.
I use my own little mod. It lets me rework weapons, changing their quality but removing any decoration they may have had, as well as decorate them with rocks, bones, teeth, shell, leather, and gems. And it lets you clean hides and make cloaks, so you can get some seriously epic dragon skin cloaks. I think. I haven't actually tested to see if butchered dragons produce skin as well as scale. I'm also thinking of adding a syndrome to dragon blood that makes creatures who drink it super fire immune and lets them breathe fire. I'm not sure how well that would mesh with fortress mode, though.
It shouldn't mess up fortress mode, most things don't drink blood IIRC.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »

a mod copy of Wanderer and some of my own addons
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:15 pm »

I only use my own modifications. Mostly simple ones, I might add zerglings, maybe make Elves infectious or make all the races build cities.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 10:52:23 am »

Fortbent
Dragon Ball

..huh.

ghjijhg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 11:35:07 pm »

Eh. A couple mods here and there but nothing too big.
Pages: [1] 2