Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfes blue?  (Read 932 times)

weterman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarfes blue?
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:45:51 pm »

My 2 of my dwarfes have this light blue, transparrent screen over them. what does this mean?

And, i havent played adventure mode yet, so do you use the arrow keys to move a dwarf? or how does that work?   and what is legends mode?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfes blue?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:52:58 pm »

Check.  The.  Wiki.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

Seriously.  There's also some tutorials you can try, I think there might be some on youtube, as well as on this forum. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 12:46:14 am »

I know the page specifically:http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Status_icons
Light blue appears to be thrown. How pleasant. Or, possibly, webbed, paralyzed, stunned.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:31 am »

Strictly speaking, that's light cyan, although the animated gif there and the list below it disagree on what the colors even are. In the list, dark cyan is for airborne creatures and dark blue is for underwater/drowning creatures, but in the image, light cyan is used instead of dark. No idea where this "transparent screen" business comes from, though.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:02:11 am by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

weterman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 12:21:34 pm »

Strictly speaking, that's light cyan, although the animated gif there and the list below it disagree on what the colors even are. In the list, dark cyan is for airborne creatures and dark blue is for underwater/drowning creatures, but in the image, light cyan is used instead of dark. No idea where this "transparent screen" business comes from, though.

i forgot to mention, im using the iron hand graphic pack. when i switch to defult, they flash white.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 12:55:33 pm »

If the dwarf's image is flashing rather than a static colour, it means they are legendary in at least one skill.

And, i havent played adventure mode yet, so do you use the arrow keys to move a dwarf? or how does that work?   and what is legends mode?
Yes, arrow keys move your character (you can also play as humans and elves). The keypad is better because it allows for diagonal movement.

Legends Mode lets you look through the histories of all the places and notable individuals in the world you have generated.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »

If a dwarf has a flashing, light blue background, they are legendary in at least one skill.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.