Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Mystic Plague. (OPEN)  (Read 26600 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Mystic Plague. (OPEN)
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2012, 04:24:43 pm »

Yo Taric, you mind putting our character sheets and backstories in the OP?

This. I also would like the sheets of the GMs for examination, so we may know what to pick even in terms of skillset and stats.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »

EDIT: Nope, you're finding out our stats the hard way guys :P

However, an example character to help everyone out.
Spoiler: Rupert the Rookie. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:52:53 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2012, 06:45:46 pm »

Here's some extra Lore bits for the kingdoms. Tar can copy this into the opening post if he approves:

-------
The Kingdom of Aeratus is known for its well trained army and military might. They inhabit a land filled with humid jungle, and sticky marshlands. The harsh landscape teems with life, but requires a strong will and resolve to survive. They have been content to patrol their own lands and keep to themselves, but rumors of dark magic and the dead rising from the grave have begun to surface.

The Kingdom of Caenan is a land of wide plains and rolling pasturelands. This provides excellent breeding area for horses, and Caenan steeds are saught far and wide. The nomadic knights of the Caenan calvary patrol the grasslands and keep the Kingdom safe from invasion.

The Kingdom of Traennerus is filled with many large forests and wooded hillsides. The men of Trae are usually strong bulky individuals from living in the forest wilds. A sharpshooter from Traennerus is usually considered one of the best, and most infantry of any type can give Aeratus a run for their money. However, the Trae consider animals food, and would rather hunt them than train any sort.

The Kingdom of Aeliyr is known for it's air superiority. Here the twin soldier forces of Wyvern Riders and Pegasus Knights train, and work together to keep Aeliyr's mountain home free from any invaders. Aeliyr mages are also known as some of the best wind users, rivaling even the Theocracy for skill.

The Merchant Republic of Shossan is a group of like minded people looking to make money in any way possible. Most of the other nations look down on people from Shossan, but they all use and appreciate their skilled thieves and mercenaries in their armies. Shossan is situated along the coast and claims most of the waterways around Oroavac for their trade routes.

The Theocracy of Touxar is the home of the university of Touxar. The university is the largest collection of the wisest mages and priests in the known world. Any mage worth his stuff has at least planned to attend the university eventually, however the long treck to the secluded desert kingdom is harsh for any power-less applicants.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2012, 08:44:05 pm »

Okay, currently I need to see sheets from:

Felius
Gamerboy4life
TCM
Azthor
Caellath.

As well as Spinal's revised sheet. I get all these before wednesday I can probably start the campaign with full numbers.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »

I just realized this a scheduled game. Huh. I guess I'm going to duck out for now, though I'll be checking up and this game and might rejoin in the future if I have time.

So bye. >_<

*Runs away*
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »

Sorry to hear that. Still, the door is still open for you if you change your mind.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »

What should we do with the backstories?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2012, 09:57:02 pm »

Write whatever you feel like, and PM it to me.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

I think we should post our Backstories here, and try and make them overlap a bit so we aren't a group of complete strangers. I think I offered Cript the chance to be my Characters kind of "Childhood friend", but I'm not sure what he thinks of that.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »

I don't even have much of a backstory...here's mine, a bit padded up from what I sent you, Tar.

Name: Mia Dellago
Bio: Mia Dellago is a former Traennerus Militia soldier-she grew up in the town of Eraklelai, learning to hunt and shoot small game. Her skills with the bow naturally lent her to join the local barracks, but most of her days were spent shooting dangerous wild animals and knocking drunks over the head to drag them back to their wives. She tired of the life, and set out young for a life 'glory and adventure' with a few like-minded persons.

She happened to save a man during her travels, named Sylvester Thariato, from a burning mansion. To her consternation, no reward was ever forthcoming, but she struck up an easy friendship with him, and helped him survive to some extent-mostly, she kept moving, sending money, letters and treasures back from her adventures.

These days, she's turned bow for hire. Mostly guarding caravans and wall duty up till now-it pays alot more, at least,  and Mia's gotten used to living well. She's spent the last two years help Sylvester hunt down the murderers of his family, to no avail. It was during this time she began a rivalry and friendship with the young Mage Henry, as well.

She does generally take whatever job pays well, and the latest one is going to be a cinch, she believes-it might even make her rich, if she plays her cards right. Even if it takes her back to shabby Eraklelai.

Mia is the sort who wants to retire while she has her youth and looks left-she lacks any great motivation or drive, except to the goal of whoever is paying her-and avoiding 'dirtying' herself in crude melee combat. For good or bad, Mia thinks of herself as a master tactician, capable of out-thinking all her opponents. She is also blissfully unaware of any wide going ons in the world-a bit too vain, maybe, to believe anything exciting will ever happen to her.

I'm open to sisters/brothers/old friends/husband adding into my background or whatever :P I'll do em all!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:16:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »

Copa-Pasta Back Story gogogo

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 05:42:20 pm »

Since we are doing this in maptools, if you would like me to make you a pog, I need a few things.

The main part being Class, Gender, and Haircolor(might not show in the pog).

Your main pog will be an icon in blue like the FE games.

You may also pick a portrait that can be linked to the pog, this should be a head and shoulders thing. I can help you pick something out, or if you give me a link I can cut out a head and shoulders and attach it to your pog, and I can even make some basic changes like eye or hair color if needed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »

Alright, we'll be holding another test session today, same time as our planned starting time. Anyone needs any help with their character sheet this would be a good opportunity for us to help you out with it.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »

Alright, we'll be holding another test session today, same time as our planned starting time. Anyone needs any help with their character sheet this would be a good opportunity for us to help you out with it.

As a reminder that planned starting time is at 6pm est. Or just under 3 hours from this post. I should have the server up about an hour before we start.

Server Name: Aglaia
Server Password: unekaru

Also remember we are using maptools version .86

If you haven't gotten a pog with a portrait yet, or fleshed out your personal skills/faults, or backstory, this is a good time to get those done, so we don't have to worry about them next week during the actual session.

Hope to see people there. :)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

It does not cover the relationship with Mai, if there is one. But I think it is a okay first draft.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37