Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Role Play: Strike The Earth!  (Read 5582 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Role Play: Strike The Earth!
« on: August 22, 2012, 04:41:37 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Role Play

DFRP combines role-play and game-play together, each player controls a dwarf and his actions as an individual whilst I play the game; each turn lasts a season that is split up into several smaller segments which may or may not be time-fluid, for example a council meeting or an orc siege and I'll be using Masterwork Dwarf Foretress with (almost) the default settings, which I highly recommend you check out if you want to participate in this.

For choosing a dwarf feel free to pick anyone that's unclaimed, if you'd like change your first name (something dwarven, no pinkyblu22 thanks) and profession title, it'd be awful nice if each turn you could have the same amount of input that I put in for your character description, of course feel free to write until your heart's content. If you are unsatisfied with your dwarf or you die feel free to change your dwarf and claim a different one. Try to avoid meta as much as possible for instance rather than asking me as a GM whether there's rope for a traction bench post an action along the lines of "Etur checks the stockpile for rope" and it'll end up being in the next update.

If you could post the name of your dwarf alongside any actions that'd be a massive help for me to co-ordinate everyone. I've already considered placing this in the upper forums though decided against it, if people have enough of a problem with this thread bieng here I'll move it but I'd prefer not to. Last of all I'll generally refrain from using screenshots of actual gameplay in the updates unless it's appropriate.

I'd love to see something like a gladiator arena or council of leaders form as part of the role-play, it'll certainly add a massive new aspect to the game.

Turn List

Prelude - The caravan arrives at Olonumid.
Turn 1 - The dwarves start to settle in.
Turn 2a - Softy white things.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:07:17 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Role Play: Strike The Earth!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »

Current State of the Fortress

At the moment there isn't much to see, just a wagon perched on top of a vast mountain.

A few rooms have been carved into the side of the mountain.

The Dwarves

Morul Itdunurist
Spinal_Taper, Male
Diplomat
Very well rounded Morul has several strong points: good overall fitness, skill with a crossbow in addition to handling social situations with experience his natural empathy means assistance in a medical situation would be a help. Every career path is open to this dwarf who takes pride in his appearance and leads the group.

Morul worships two gods ardently, both of which take are gods of fish.

Etur Alathkosh
Sinpwn, Female
Champion
A mammoth of a dwarf Etur can easily defeat half a dozen others in hand to hand combat, she feels no pain and shrugs off battle wounds with little difficulty. Fortunately she has a mild temperament and whilst she flings herself into a berserk rage during combat she is otherwise reserved and well-mannered. Etur's primary proficiency lays in swordplay with her favourite weapon of choice being a zweihander. Her parents told her she'd make an excellent brewer though she's never tried her hand at it.

Etur enjoys consuming potions of eternal youth; presumably she doesn't do this on a regular basis.

Sibrek Regetost
Ehndras, Female
Speardwarf
Another excellent fighter Sibrek might not be as muscular as Etur though she can at least outlast her rival in terms of endurance, trained with a spear she is a force to be reckoned with. Her long flowing hair is intricately braided.

Sibrek is a pyromaniac who likes nothing more than a massive bonfire.

Eral Cerolstigaz
MrWillsauce, Female
Medic
Eral has a fragile figure, she's very weak and slow to heal though has a decent level of skill in the medical field. She's never hammered a piece of hot steel or anything of the like though has an innate bond with the earth that would allow her to become a master metalsmith should she ever change her profession.

Eral has little patience and likes bullets, sapphires and javelins.

Inod Atiseddaz
PyroDesu, Female
Woodcutter
The most useless dwarf of the bunch, she's lazy and stuck in tradition but nether less has a high level of inteligence and has promise as a noble or diplomat due to her adeptness at handling social situations. She handles her current position as a woodcutter begrudgingly.

Inod has an eidetic memory, saint-like patience and a healthy dosage of creativity.

Datur Bembuludib
The Alchemist, Female
Carpenter
An incredibly talented wordworker Datur's skill with wood is legendary, she's a good brewer too though after suffering a concussion as a child she learns new skills slowly and is stupid.

Datur handles stress badly but is otherwise very single focused and willing to complete tasks.

Id Shorastlist
Edio, Female
Stoneworker
As an unremarkable mason and miner Id enjoys socializing. He's frequently exposed to warpstone after which point he is normally sick.

Id shuns tradition, authority and intelligent discussion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:44:51 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 04:53:39 pm »

Prelude

You have arrived. After a journey from the Mountainhomes into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party of seven is to make an outpost for the glory of all of dwarf-kind.

There are few supplies left but with stout labour comes sustenance. Whether by bolt, plow or hook provide for your dwarves. You are expecting a supply caravan just before winter entombs you but it is Spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings ere the drakes get hungry. A new chapter in dwarven history begins here at this place, Olonumid "Gearfallen". Strike the earth!

The Dyed Stakes
The only dwarven civilization in existence the Mountainhomes are a productive society with a dozen and a half settlements, it's citizenship consists of several sentient species including: 3,400 Dwarves, 170 Humans, 141 Frost Giants, 64 Elves, 58 Goblins, 10 Drow and 8 Golems. During the first three decades of their existence The Dyed Stakes hunted the automatons to assumed extinction using their mechanical parts for sophisticated machinery, some of which is still running to this day. It is also worth noting that Zoluthlur, a farming community of 300 dwarfs keeps a small herd of boozebelly goats famed for their alcoholic milk.

Geological Survey
Thankfully your group was given a geological survey of the local region conducted the previous year, the results seem very promising:

The site is situated on a steep incline which plateau’s at the top of the mountain, several small ledges are visible as one descends towards the thick woodland at the site's lowest point. There is an estimated 600 feet from the highest point to the magma mantle with three large caverns embedded deep into the earth. Enough ore and flux is present on-site that should a strip mining operation take place one could outfit almost every dwarf that has ever lived in a steel suit of armour, in addition there exists absurdly large deposits of gold, silver and bronze (tin+copper).

That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 04:54:45 pm »

Jesus, one guy six girls. Make me the dude, please.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:57:44 pm by Spinal_Taper »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

I'll be Eral the medic

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »

I'll take Sibrek, Speardwarf!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

I'll take Sibrek, Speardwarf!
I look forward to hospitalizing you  ;D

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »

Jesus, one guy six girls. Make me the dude, please.

Jokes on you, they're all lesbians.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 05:19:26 pm »

I shall claim Etur. Blood for the blood god.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »

Heh, it's worth pointing out I wasn't exaggerating about Etur or Sibrek's potential fighting prowess, both were blessed by the random number generator, Etur is a berserker dwarf meaning he learns the dodging, armour, shields and teaching skills at 150% of the speed of a normal dwarf, he also doesn't feel pain and has some nice stat boosts and on top of his rolls that brings him too, Strength (4,541), Agility (1,430), Toughness (4,390), Endurance (771), Recuperation (4,634).

Whilst Sibrek isn't a member of any special castes he got epic stat rolls which brings him too Strength (1,919), Agility (1,269), Toughness (1,049), Endurance (1,873), Recuperation (905). For those who don't know 1,000 is the average and you can probably start seeing the difference at around 950 or 1,050. If you pit a dwarf with 1,200 in all of those stats against one similarly armed and skilled with 1,000 in those stats the former will probably win 75% of the time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:29:32 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 05:34:35 pm »

Id!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

I'll be Inod, I suppose. Too bad I missed out, I was hoping for Etur.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 05:36:03 pm »

I'll be Inod, I suppose. Too bad I missed out, I was hoping for Etur.
We all were.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

We all were.
Not me :P I'm happy with my dorf

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »

Ok, well as a British gent my timezone insists I sleep so I can wake up in time for an early appointment in the morning so feel free to submit your actions, and remember! This is more about the RP than the game!  ;D
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3