Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which five races do you most want to see written about in this game?

Zyrius -Parasidic Shapeshifting Jokesters, Happy Trolling Travelers
- 9 (18.8%)
Glarrock -Symbiotic Rat-Lichen-Turtles, Cautious Diplomats
- 5 (10.4%)
Tregaris -Sentient Plantfolk, Survival Escapists
- 7 (14.6%)
Sheaylicai  -Mamalean Dragons, Survivalsts
- 2 (4.2%)
Dakamerawa -Humanoid Amphibians, Cowardly Survivalists
- 4 (8.3%)
Blood Tribe -Sentient Telepathic Carrots, Aggressive Mind Controlers
- 7 (14.6%)
Usola -Marsupial Crows, Curious Agriculturalists
- 7 (14.6%)
Franco Karm -Demonic Humanoids, Dominant Isolationists
- 4 (8.3%)
Sennat -Fox-headed Tentacled Humanoids, Isolated Survivalists
- 3 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 02, 2012, 05:30:23 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dragon Spirit Life (Recruitment Closed, Choose Your Players!)  (Read 6944 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Spirit Life
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 06:43:54 am »

Hairless. But fair point on the climate, though I think it would work better as a subtropical climate.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56:00 am »

might as well give this a try.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:38:21 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 10:28:23 am »

I am willing to have the jesters live near my race, because from what I remember they made the last story they were in awesome. Just beware that some of them will almost certainly be enslaved and made into servitors.

I'm noticing so far nobody have given very contradictory descriptions of their lands. Maybe if that ends up true for all races they could be grouped together in a single one after all?

Edit: Crap, just noticed the part abut just evolving from animlas, which can't be fit to nobles since they did not evolve and are not animals, what do?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:36:23 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 07:01:00 pm »

"If I were a deep one, blub blub blubblub blubblub blub blub....." *hums to himself*

I think the Nobles could work, you just have to realize that you are freshly created and need to start from scratch. And are mortal, meaning they need food, shelter, resources and the like. They also wouldn't start with any servitors. However you might also want to just choose something else. That link you gave has the whole species developed quite extensively. This leaves little room to be creative and change as this game goes along.

Some interesting applications so far. Anyone have any thoughts about the other applicants? Stuff you like, dislike, want to read, don't want to read, etc, etc.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »

I'm balancing very much on the edge of uncertainty about if I want to join or not at the moment. Probably don't want to play the nobles given all of this. To late at night to think up some other alternative, maybe I will tomorrow unless I forget, but don't wait for me.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 09:12:33 pm »

Annnddd done... hopefully plant/animal/humanoid things are okay :p  Oh and also for all intensive purposes each generation of Sprouted would have similar characteristics from growing up in the same place.
Nom nom nom

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 11:38:42 pm »

The guys racnor thought up could be interesting. It's not too often that people want to run a race of frail people.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 02:05:25 am »

Heh. Forgot about this.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:44 am »

Am I too late? :(

At least bring me in the waiting list
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 08:37:43 am »

Did you read every post? This isn't first-come. If you make something Haika likes, you're in.

[edit]
Squirrels.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:13:08 am by Lillipad »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 11:07:42 am »

I should start reading topics, not a part of OP :)

Tribe Name: Blood tribe

Race Name:  Talids

Race Description: Talids look like boring, ordinary plant with one big leaf (up to meter in diameter)  with carrot-like roots. But that bright purple root is what making them unique. The roots contain highly developed magical telepathic brain that can read minds of nearby beings and mind control weaker ones.

While one Talid can control only one creature, that control is complete. Plant gets all senses of controlled victim and can make it to do anything, including stuff like stop breathing. Usually mind controlled

The older Talid is, the bigger and smarter creature it can control, month old talids can posses an ant equivalent, while 40years elders probably can control a sentient lifeform.

Reproduction: Twice in a year plant produces one flower, that must get pollinated by another plant, usually via mind controlled slaves. In extreme cases self-pollination is possible but it's incest like taboo
Then plant develops tasty fruit with 3-6 seeds, that used to spread by using animals, but now, of cause, direct planting is used almost always

Talids can be killed only be destroying the root, losing aboveground part isn't even painful for the plant. Also Talids grow in a sentient manner, only when they want and thus they can stay in root form for  years, until starvation kicks in. 

World/Region Name: Holy Island.

World/Region Description:   
No one knows who created that 52 miles wide and 78 miles long island. No one knows how it works...  But once in a few decades it teleports to entirely new pace. It always lands on water or some other similar liquid. Sometimes it jumps few miles, sometimes it lands in another ocean, sometimes it lands on another planets, and sometimes it jumps in another dimensions.
No need to say that it's filled with many bizarre creatures, from many different places
Last island place was freezingly cold and almost sunless. Many creatures died, including majority of Talids, and then, after 40 year long winter a new jump happened...

Island geography From top to bottom (south, north, east and west don't really aply for a jumping island)
1) Mountains - this have many caves and tunnels, probaby built by the guys tyhat created the island. Somewhere deep jumping engine is located, that creates some additional heat and magical fields. Somewhere deep it's guarded by unknown magical monsters. Currently warm caves host many creatures that save themselves from freezing cold outside.
2) Young evergreen forest. It grew in the last 3 decades, after previous tropical forest died in the new freezing world. It's has rich wildlife and some creatures are very bizarre, river from mountains run through it
3) Freshwater lake. Almost ideal circle hole that usually is filled with rainwater from the mountains. Looks like this hole was created by the same unknown force that created the island. Currently the lake is almost completely frozen. But something may survive on the bottom
4) Plains. Vast open territories that once was very fertile, but now plants thrive only in a short one month summer. The home of the Blood tribe. Also it hosts many fishing animals and birds, in fact fish is currently a base for the current arctic ecosystem

Tribal Personality: Blood tribe is called like that, because they prefer blood  as a fertilizer, they mainly specialize on mind controlling predators, that not only protect them from herbivorous, but also provide needed fertilizers and heat of their bodies at winter
Another important feature of the blood tribe is that their religion teach to coexist with lesser plants, while other Talid tribes mercilessly kill all competition  around
Also due to the need to feed their predators, blood Tribe learned to control slaves on much longer distances

Tribal strength
1) Need soil and sun for survival
2) Can replace sun with any magical radiation, but sun is still preferable
3) Instant communication - they posses high level, long range telepathy. 
4) Developed military strategy and tactics (due to constant wars with other Talids Blood Tribe learned to coordinate actions of many slaves in effective manner)

Tribal weakness
1) Immobile. Religion taboos any form of replanting. That's viewed  as betraying Holy Island's kindness (yes they worship the island)
2) No starting technology - No wheel, no construction, no fire, no tools
3) Xenophobic - View non plant life forms as inferior beings created for the greater good of plants
4) Their roots are very good magical ingredient to any kind of mage. And very tasty food for many monsters

Initial Story Action: Evaluate new conditions after the jump, send flying scouts around
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:20:04 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 10:53:07 pm »

I'd like to remind people that I want this to be more a community thing, rather than just me picking players and such. If I have to, I can just have a vote, but I'd rather people discuss things in the thread.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »

What a beautiful discussion we're having.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 02:12:17 pm »

I think the problem is that everything we could say feels too judgmental. Even if I just support applications, it feels like I'm insulting the ones I don't support.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 02:38:38 pm »

We can't get anywhere if we're too afraid to criticize each other. Just say what you think is good about the sheets you like and bad about the sheets you're less fond of.

The only sheet I'd really say is off limits to talk about is Armok's. There are concepts that could be used, but nothing's really been properly filled in. Unless he decides to not play, we should just let him fill it out in full before touching upon it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:40:33 pm by Lillipad »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6