Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39093 times)

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:21 pm »

14th Malachite
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
10 peasants, with no skills whatsoever, except a novice wood burner. Which is actually okay, getting things hauled is a little bit problematic these days.

15th Malachite | What is going on?? I have loads of idle dwarfs with *stone detailing* turned on, yet they all refuse to smooth any floor at all. Has the head of the Stone Detailers and Engravers Guild started some kind of conspiracy against me? I think he might have bad feelings towards me, since I had something to do with his wife going insane and all.

18th Malachite

25th Malachite

5th Galena | EVERYBODY RUN! CLOSE THE BRIDGES! it can fly! START THAT MAGMA FLOOD NOW OR WE SOON HAVE A ROC INSIDE THE FORT!

Oh the magma pumping screw pump is outside, and is accessible by air. NEVERMIND, ABANDON ALL HOPE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

A heroic stray kitten is buying us some time to evacuate everyone inside. RUN KITTY RUN!

The kitten ran for several days before the roc caught it.

9th Galena | A craftsdwarf became posessed. And why is he outside?! Are there other dwarfs that are outside?! Also the roc is for some reason unable to path into the fortress by the magma drain, now when I think about it, the goblin flying bat rider didn't either.

Rovod Athelakgos was his name.

Another cat.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »

lol I dont know if magma-ing the surface would work against a flyer...I mean...IT FLYS!
Also were you so busy recruiting random dudes into a stone detailing squad that you forgot to recruit random dudes into a military? SEND IN CAPT...DAMN IT SUS :P
Well anyway yeah use stabbing. Or maybe a bunch of cage traps. That should work.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 28, 2012, 06:38:41 pm »

You shouldn't cage the roc, unless you're gonna tame it. A tame roc would be cool.

If you wanna kill it though, we have about 50 war dogs that you could use. That might work. Apiks also has a crossbow.

I will forgive you for driving Talvixen to suicide, if you finish my magmafall.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 28, 2012, 09:45:55 pm »

You shouldn't cage the roc, unless you're gonna tame it. A tame roc would be cool.

If you wanna kill it though, we have about 50 war dogs that you could use. That might work. Apiks also has a crossbow.

I will forgive you for driving Talvixen to suicide, if you finish my magmafall.

I'm not sure but I think Roc's can be made into war or hunting animals....JUST A HINT
Also by "finish" your magmafall do you mean "drain into hell"? Because I see this just making every new overseer dig a slightly deeper drain till that happens :P

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2012, 12:27:41 am »

By finish the magmafall, I meant so it doesn't kill everyone. But draining it into hell is an awesome idea! We haven't even found adamantine yet though.

We need webs to trap the roc, and our spider died at the beginning of my turn. If you catch a giant spider, then we can consider trapping the roc.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2012, 02:23:27 am »

According to the wiki:
Rocs can be captured in cage traps and made as pets if you're lucky enough to catch one. Keep in mind that, as with dragons, you will initially have no knowledge whatsoever of its behaviour; as such, any attempt to tame a roc will require plans to deal with a rampaging flying megabeast that forgot all its training. If your taming attempt is relatively successful, the roc can also be trained as a war or hunting animal at an animal training zone.

So I think webs aren't needed.

lol I dont know if magma-ing the surface would work against a flyer...I mean...IT FLYS!
Also were you so busy recruiting random dudes into a stone detailing squad that you forgot to recruit random dudes into a military? SEND IN CAPT...DAMN IT SUS :P
Well anyway yeah use stabbing. Or maybe a bunch of cage traps. That should work.

I didn't mean to kill it by magma, I was afraid that it could fly in through the hole in the floor in the dining room.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:28:19 am by Tulx »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2012, 06:56:06 am »

lol "oh look a nice hole thats just big enough for a small water/magmafall. I am a bird that is larger then a dragon. *scrunches up* HRRRGGGG"

Indeed, I do this.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 29, 2012, 12:59:28 pm »

lol "oh look a nice hole thats just big enough for a small water/magmafall. I am a bird that is larger then a dragon. *scrunches up* HRRRGGGG"

haha, but theoretically it could come through that hole because all the creatures occupy only on 1 tile?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2012, 02:08:10 pm »

I thought the hole was bigger than that

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:03 am »

No update today. I'll try to speed things up in the next week and finish my turn. My goals:
1) Capture and tame the roc.
2) Finish NAV's magma fall.
3) Dig out some more rooms for the common dwarf.
4) Build myself a nice tomb if I have time.
5) I don't think that I'll seal the caverns, someone else can do that, rather I'll seal the fortress from the caverns.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2012, 02:43:27 pm »

I upped the FPS cap, time will move faster now! I made the time move faster!

BFEL! U dare not... u better dare not....

15th Galena

17th Limestone

19th Limestone | Either rocs don't eat merchants or hostiles do not have magical knowledge of the position of every other unit on the map, which I assumed they have.

25th Limestone | Should I say something now?

Btw some dude Etur is constantly churning out masterwork items, also fortress efficiency has decreased quite a lot. So I just let them detail stone so that the idle dwarf number is lower. And we could get more sieges due to the increasing wealth. Not probably the smartest of moves ever.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:44:58 pm by Tulx »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

Ah. I see you have found my chambers in the first picture. They're pretty awesome, no? I spent a lot of work on them. They better be finished :).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2012, 04:00:06 am »

This is madness! This is SP... ehr, no, wait a moment, this is TrialFireeees!

Srsly, you guys are amazing. I'm enjoying very much the story!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »

“6 migrants have arrived! Quick! Open the bridge!”
“Sir, but that giant bird thing?”
“Nah we’ll be fine, we have 9 cage traps.”
“Oh.. nine, do we?”
“What are you waiting for, hop now pull that lever. Rocs won’t catch themselves.”

YES GOOD, we always need volunteers. Run to the fortress dude.

CATASTROPHE
The roc came in through a hole in the farming area. Why didn't she do it sooner though?

"Sir what's the plan B?"
"Plan B? THERE IS NO PLAN B. USE THE PLAN C, all squads kill it!"

WE DID IT!

Moments after the battle. I don't think that anybody even got hurt. The roc was just swarmed by dwarves and dogs.

The dwarf who did the killing blow.

15th Timber | What do you mean by "has bypassed your inaccessible site"?

As it happens, the stone fall traps block wagon access. We need a more intelligent design in the future.

All the miners were wiped to the next z level over the edge. (Which is pretty cool.) One of the three dwarves broke a leg, Sus got away with bruises and the last one didn't get any health issues.
I'm not sure why did it happened either. Gotta be more careful.

Why is there miasma?
What is a rotten stray reindeer corpse doing there?

27th Timber | This new drain better be good enough.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:40 pm »

DEAR ARMOK THAT IS A MASSIVE DRAIN!

And good job with the roc. The dwarf who slayed it, what is his title?
Sucks we don't have a pet roc though.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30