Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39105 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:53 am »

You've been ninja'd Markressler.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

markressler

• Bay Watcher
  • WHAT IS THIS, WHAT I AM DOI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2012, 10:46:59 am »

I was trying to fix BFEL's pic :(

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:59 am »

Lol nice Mark, but yeah SKINKS :P I dont think they would be too fearsome even if they DIDN'T un transform right before getting to the fort XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2012, 11:29:43 am »

Lol nice Mark, but yeah SKINKS :P I dont think they would be too fearsome even if they DIDN'T un transform right before getting to the fort XD

Maybe... maybe we can be friends. Maybe that's their goal, and we scare them with our axes and swords. Probably wereskinks don't have many friends.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2012, 11:31:51 am »

Only problem - We don't have axes and swords. We only have TRAINING swords which are hardly lethal to skins outta all creatures.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:35:16 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2012, 11:34:24 am »

Only problem - We don't have axes and sword. We only have TRAINING swords which are hardly lethal to skins outta all creatures.

Wereskinks can't tell the differences. We are scaring them.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2012, 11:46:49 am »

well we have a steel SHIELD, and Captain Mountainhomes uses it as a weapon, so thats why.
Also we totally can be friends, right after we slaughter it and pour its blood in our pond so all our dwarves can get that once a month limb regen XD

Indeed, I do this.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:27 am »

well we have a steel SHIELD, and Captain Mountainhomes uses it as a weapon, so thats why.
Also we totally can be friends, right after we slaughter it and pour its blood in our pond so all our dwarves can get that once a month limb regen XD

Hahahaha, ok, then. DEATH TO THE WERESKINKS!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:08 pm »

Apiks' Diary - 1st of Granite

Finally it is my turn. After the Democracy of TrialFires was suggested by yours truly me and was accepted,
I'd have thought that I'd be the first of what I have dubbed "overseers". But nooo, they had to choose that lunatic
BFEL first and then some random traveller which they said was needed for outside change.

That same traveller is still in a position of power as the Mayor but it matters not for the majority has finaly
chosen me as the current overseer.
I shall immediatelly begin work in making this fort and my life as efficent as possible.

Firstly, lets start with the workshops... WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD IN THIS WORLD! The stockpile resourses in it are too SMALL
and the workshops themselves are not positioned efficently enough. This will have to be changed ASAP.

I immediately give the order to change this so called huge "animal" stockpile to be converted into a stone one and proceed to make a new smaller stockpile
for the animals. My second order is to get rid of the second smaller stockpile for finished goods and replace it with a wood one. And to top it off, there's a REFUSE stockpile in the WORKSHOP area. This will have to be moved immediatelly.
to the storage room behind the kitchen. What in the name of Ardol were the previous overseers thinking about
making it so inneficent? The wood stockpile shall have to be made a bit larger.

Continuing, I notice that there have not been placed Traffic specifications. I shall have to fix this immediately for it will help the future generation
a headache or two.
When I take a closer look, the workshops are too small and too few in quantity. This will be corrected in the future. As for now, I have ordered the increasement of the food storage room.
Time to take a look at the militar... what the hell? Why are the barracks so small? And why are all of the soldiers equped with training swords? At this rate they won't be able
to kill a weasel. And weasels tend to get pretty nasty. On the good side, we have plenty of dogs which I shall immediatelly begin to disposition throughout the fort for security.
As for the military, they shall get better equpment as soon as the workshops get up in production and larger barracks (god help them they need it).

On the good note, we have hit gold which probably will end up being a statue for that inneficent mayor of ours. We shall have to ultilize the volcano that is next to us.
For this I have ordered going to the top of the volcano to make a magma forge. It shall be known as. as The MagmaFire Forge! Yes. Indeed it shall be glorious. But let's not get ahead of ourselves,
all with due time.

As for the rest of the things, I have ordered another kennel built and the kitchen on full motion of making food. A 3x3 dump zone has been designated to be dug out to get rid of all of those damn rocks. I can see why
the first overseer, BFEL went mad. They are really a nuisance.
Should be easy with 46 Dwarfs. I have appointed Inod Thadkol as our chief medical dwarf since he has the most medical knowledge outta all of us in this burning fort.
Also the Still place is being moved above the dining hall so that the kitchens can be focused mainly in the refuse zone. As I tell the soldiers to stop training and help with all of this work, I lean
back on my bed and think of the future. I remind myself that I shall have to build some nice chambers for myself. I am getting too old for this kind of stuff.

Apiks' Diary - 7th of Granite

Damn it! We have no ropes or restraints for the dogs to be put everywhere in the fortress. I have ordered for ropes to be made.
Also these rocks are inhibiting my progress by a great deal. I have put all avalible hands on removing them from key sectors.

Apiks' Diary - 18th of Granite

The Woman-Dwarf-Soldier Udik Ikuddeduk has given birth to the 3rd child of TrialFires. I know this because she and her husband barged into my room showing me the infant in happines.
I facepalm myself briefly, go to the door and with my back facing them I raise a hand. I then with a glimpse of the edge of my eye see how their faces sadden and say something else
of my original thought. I said "Fetch it a bottle of ale.". With that their faces brightened up again and answered with a "Yes sir!" and proceeded to leave. What would've happened if I was
to say the other thing on my mind I wonder. But this shall have to be a story for another time.

Apiks' Diary - 23rd of Granite

There is a gang of cats that are running around the fort together slowing down people but making them happy.
I am currently weighting whether happiness, food or efficency is best for the fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apiks' Diary - 26th of Granite

SUCCESS! As by my orders of going deeper, we have hit a a large expansive cavern. This shall be useful in future exhibits of future overseers, I am sure.
Along with it, I have hit water. Now I can get to it to make a waterfall in the dining room. I shall start working on it immediatelly! For this I shall
need a ridiculious amount of screw pumps but I am sure that we can make it!

Apiks' Diary - 8th of Slate

"What is this?" I ask all of the residents of TrialFires.
"Wood sir!" They asnwer to me.
"Yes, so it would seem. But WHY is it ONLY wood and WHY is the WOOD STOCKPILE FULL? What happened with work to the damn ROCKS? YOU'VE BEEN WASTING TIME WITH SOMETHING COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT THUS MAKING IT COMPLETELY INNEFICENT!
ARE YOU IDIOTS? IT WOULD SEEM SO. No matter. I have no time to waste shouting to the lot of you. Get to work immediatelly on the rocks or you'll feel the mayor's hammer." I shout at them

[spoiler[/spoiler]

Apiks' Diary - 24th of Slate

It has been more than a month since I have given the order of taking care of the rocks and they are STILL there. And what's everybody doing? THEY'YE HAULING BLOODY ROCKS! I swear, if I had a sword that wasn't a training one,
I'd kill them all personally. I hope they STOP their hauling of the wood and start taking care of the rocks. But atleast food stores are going up.

Apiks' Diary - 25th of Slate

Aha! I have found the source of why the wood stockpile keeps going down which means that they haul more wood. The problem was that the previous overseer put "repeat" on the carpenter workshop for them to do work
all the time. This has been depleting wood for needless things. Absolutely unforgivable! Also thank Ardol that more migrants have arrived.
This shall increase our efficency in getting rid of these damn rocks and progressing with more important things.
The migrants amount to the shocking 14 which brings the fort's population to a 64.

Apiks' Diary - 28th of Slate

I have gone through a check of everybody's skills and it would seem that our Mayor,Bookkepeer and manager has NO qualities whatsoever in management.
As such I have replaced him on that duty with our most expert dwarf on management - Mafol Lecadcatten.

Apiks' Diary - 4th of Felsite

To aid me in getting myself rid of these rocks, I have ordered the construction of 3 wheelburrows. This should help us greatly.

Apiks' Diary - 18th of Felsite

Today an elven caravan arrived. God, how I hate those damn elves. I'll have to see if I can get a way to cheat all of their goods to me without me giving them anything.
This shall be amusing *hysterical laugh*. Also a thief has arrived. He won't get far before the dogs I have put throughout the fort make him into tiny bits.

Apiks' Diary - 20th of Felsite

Just 2 days after the first thief and another one shows up. They'll never learn, will they?

Apiks' Diary - 21th of Felsite

ANOTHER thief. This is getting out of hand, really. Soon there'll be a siege force of thiefs if this continues.

Apiks' Diary - 24th of Felsite

And so it begins....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:05:20 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:19 pm »

and so what begins? ...suspense

I bet it's a siege, or maybe a forgotten beast!

just a request, if i die please don't bury me. i want to come back as a ghost.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:43:16 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »

and so what begins? ...suspense

I bet it's a siege, or maybe a forgotten beast!

just a request, if i die please don't bury me. i want to come back as a ghost.

Haha, let's hope any of us doesn't die. As for what begins, well, you'll just have to wait and see :].
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2012, 04:04:11 pm »

Lol we're FINALLY getting to the watefall dining room thing XD.
Oh since your gonna be useing pump stacks alot make sure that Captain is on one constantly. FOR TEH TRAININGS.

EDIT: oh yeah are you seriously gonna make the magma forge in the top of the volcano? As in OUTSIDE???? Your gonna wanna start walling that shit off then and probly drawbridge off any stairwell leading up there, cuz the first flying Titan that comes by will look at that and go "Oh how considerate of them to leave me a nice big gap in their defenses where I can come and eat them through, OMNOMNOM"

EDIT2: Did I ever mention that part? That theres like 80 titans or something? And they're all randomly generated? I dont think I mentioned that about TrialFires did I? 8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:10:56 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2012, 01:14:36 am »

Lol we're FINALLY getting to the watefall dining room thing XD.
Oh since your gonna be useing pump stacks alot make sure that Captain is on one constantly. FOR TEH TRAININGS.

EDIT: oh yeah are you seriously gonna make the magma forge in the top of the volcano? As in OUTSIDE???? Your gonna wanna start walling that shit off then and probly drawbridge off any stairwell leading up there, cuz the first flying Titan that comes by will look at that and go "Oh how considerate of them to leave me a nice big gap in their defenses where I can come and eat them through, OMNOMNOM"

EDIT2: Did I ever mention that part? That theres like 80 titans or something? And they're all randomly generated? I dont think I mentioned that about TrialFires did I? 8)

Yes it's gonna be outside and yes I'll be walling it off and all that stuff. I have no intention of letting no stinkin' titan take over the MagmaFire forge. As for the waterfall dining room, well, it may take a while since everybody is SO SLOW WITH THE ROCKS and might mean that the end of the waterfall will have to be done by the next overseer.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2012, 02:14:31 am »

just a stupid idea, but we could use minecarts to carry rocks. i don't know because i have never used a minecart before. we could use minecarts also to carry water to the waterfall. or minecart-filled-with-water-fall. That would be cool.

dwarves still get the waterfall happy thought even if the water is in a falling minecart, right?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:16:18 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2012, 04:37:30 am »

I've never used minecarts too and I don't think they can carry water. Also it's the steam that is produced form the waterfall that makes them happy. Not the water itself. I find screw pumps more effective and easier to get water upwards besides. It just might take a little while.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30