Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39133 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2012, 06:07:59 pm »

Lol that was hilarious. As for the engravings, they're just a random thing I'd imagine that they'd look like if it was a cartoon.

Edit: The symbols on the right are torches if you lean your head and look from the side. I had to take a picture like that.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »

The baby is named Zefon EagleBronze, and she was the worldgens official badass. She literally fought off a troll at age 2 (by throwing her pacifier at it apparently), then went on to hunt Megabeasts professionally. The rumors that she was killed by a dragon are just slander produced by her jerkass dad...who was our last king....YEAH this was THE PRINCESS OF DWARVES, and she was fighting everything she came across. The Legends entry has her attacking like 20 mega and semi-mega beasts and her kill list has something like 200 different animals in it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »

Oh yeah and since Melkor didnt show its up to you now Apiks. Good luck with the waterfall and the magma forge and the OH-GOD-WHY-IS-THE-FORTRESS-FLOODED-WITH-MAGMA-AND-WATER-AND-OH-NOW-THE-DWARVES-ARE-TRAPPED-IN-OBSIDIAN!

Also, this post mostly just to keep us on the front page XD

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2012, 10:41:48 pm »

No worries there, I think. :P It usually takes more than two hours to fall to the second page, in my experience. More than six, even.

Looking forwards to Apiks's turn. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

Well we were gettin pretty low on the first page, so I decided not to chance it, and I'm also looking forward to it, I want to see the reaction to how I ran the fort, and what becomes of it. Oh also I've started making a mod if your interested. It's going to add a new creature/civilization called the Thoht. Their pretty crazy, livin in their glaciers. Also prob gonna add a couple other creatures for them to keep and trade as pets. Already got an idea for one mapped out. And its a DOOZY

Indeed, I do this.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2012, 03:32:37 am »

sorry it took so long t post i was bussy playing and forgot to update.
il update tommorow

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2012, 05:00:50 am »

don't worry
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2012, 05:02:50 am »

Most excellent. I get to play an even more interesting fortress when my turn comes (that's if it survives). Anyways Melkor, the veterans have given us a mission to make a magma forge and a waterfall. I have no idea if you want or will do it but take it as a challenge if you will.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2012, 05:08:32 am »

Most excellent. I get to play an even more interesting fortress when my turn comes (that's if it survives). Anyways Melkor, the veterans have given us a mission to make a magma forge and a waterfall. I have no idea if you want or will do it but take it as a challenge if you will.

I suppose that for a waterfall we'll have to dig down until we reach an underground river, then pump it up...
the magma forge will require a suicidal dwarf, I fear...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2012, 05:10:09 am »

I suppose that for a waterfall we'll have to dig down until we reach an underground river, then pump it up...
the magma forge will require a suicidal dwarf, I fear...

What about pumping magma into an artificial place to make a magma forge and making a magmafall?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2012, 05:17:12 am »

It might be wonderful... also, it could be amazing to create a basin two z-level down and then use the above level for the magma forges.
But how to drain the magma? Another pump?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2012, 06:01:48 am »

Ah so Melkor is going to play after all! EXCELLENT! Also the waterfall is supposed to go in the dining/meeting hall...which we dont have yet because I was distracted by more important things...namely ROCKS. Although you COULD do the waterfall in the temple to Sorek Mcwhatsisname...also that still needs smoothed and engraved. Its a pretty small fortress at the moment, with only the main level that houses the entrance, workshops, giant stockpile, residential area and the temple and then the farms are one level above. I wonder what Melkor will do for story narration...hmmm what dorf shall he pick for himself...TAKIN ALL BETS!!!

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2012, 06:49:16 am »

Ah, so Melkor's playing. Awesome. :)

Know what would be more awesome... magmafall in the dining room.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:58 am »

Know what would be more awesome... four magmafall in the temple, surrounding a island with a statue of the god.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2012, 07:35:05 am »

WHY IS NO ONE BETTING ON MELKORS DORF? I PUT IT IN A POLL I MEAN CMON :D

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30