Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39102 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 10:37:34 am »

Any custom name for the profession? or just stick with miner? also any prefered gender? You get first pick cuz...well your the first to ask XD

Gender MALE.
Oh, yes, customize the profession as "Diggeridoo".
And as nickname "Battledigger"! I want to go to battle with my pick!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 10:39:23 am »

Any custom name for the profession? or just stick with miner? also any prefered gender? You get first pick cuz...well your the first to ask XD

Gender MALE.
Oh, yes, customize the profession as "Diggeridoo".
And as nickname "Battledigger"! I want to go to battle with my pick!

um the "name" of the dwarf is the nickname, so its either Kaspa or Battledigger, not both sorry..
EDIT: oh wait...I guess I could name you Kaspa Battledigger XD
EDIT2: also have you read the Pre-story yet? READ IT
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:41:04 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 10:40:15 am »

Sorry, I'm n00b  8)
So let's go with Battledigger. But he has to be a male!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 10:42:02 am »

hmm ok I'll go with battledigger, unless I can fit in KaspaBattledigger

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 10:54:21 am »

No, just Battledigger, it's more dwarfish.

Could I suggest you tu use the NewbLazyPack in order to remove the tileset?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 12:10:08 pm »

um..maybe? :P I'm not entirely sure how that would work, or how to preserve the save, but like I said, I'll try to edit the raws back to non-tileset after my turn

Indeed, I do this.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2012, 01:37:33 pm »

Oh, come on, will you ever start? Four pages, and you still didn't embark!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2012, 01:41:13 pm »

LOL well I was waiting for the embark voting to complete. But then it IS decisively in favor of the volcano site, so I'll start up now...jeez :P how many pages does it Usually take to start?

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »

Well here's what I'm embarking with:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

1st Granite, 107
"We have arrived. Ready to start a new chapter in dwarven history. One that isn't ruled by the sky-fires that have tormented us since the dawn of dwarfdom. And to think, when I was first assigned this task by the Council, I believed that they were punishing me for some trumped up charge dreamed up by one of the more bored nobles. Now I realize that I truly will be making history here...well along with the seven who managed this trek with me. Thankfully none of those that remain seem to be burned or injured in any way, Battledigger had us worried there for a while when he climbed out to hit that elf ambusher in the face with his trusty pick, but he managed to walk away with nothing more then a case of the sweats. At least we were luckier then the poor soul on the hill. We have had his body buried to commemorate his achievements, the record of his last moments will be sent back to his family with the first caravan that manages to brave the DeadLands to reach us. Its beautiful, such a large mountain, filled with magma, trees as far as the eye can see, even some nice dacite stones strewn about outside. I have a feeling this will be a fine home for all dwarves fierce enough to brave the journey."

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »

I have designated an area to serve as our temporary storage of the equipment we brought with us, and, as I have also built a suitable arrangement for a future trade depot nearby (in the Junior Overseers Training Program classic "airlock" style) it will later serve as our main finished goods stockpile, to allow us to unload crafts upon merchants with unprecedented rapidity. The "airlock" style depot/main entrance design allows us to construct one drawbridge at the entrance of the tract, and one on the inside, allowing for us to let in well defended merchants while under siege without unnecessary casualties on our end, and then switch the raised/lowered bridges to allow us to conduct trade with relative safety...while it IS quite close to the volcano wall I see this as a benefit, if all else fails we could flood the depot and potentially any attackers with that lovely substance.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2012, 03:10:52 pm »

Already it is the 20th of granite, the month is almost over and yet digging has been slow, even with 3 workers. It seems that the various problems have been the fault of some "damp stone" after checking it appears the designated areas are directly under some intermountain pools. I have ordered that the miners quickly drain these pools outside on the other side of the mountain, to avoid unnecessary flooding.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »

13th Slate, 107
More delays! INTOLERABLE DELAYS! It turns out I miscalculated, as the "underground pools" in fact had a connection on the surface, and as such the rain simply refilled them. I have corrected this error by constructing floors over the affected areas, but I grow listless sleeping in the dirt...I have spotted...webs...nearby, clearly made by something massive...

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2012, 04:04:13 pm »

Hello. I have never done succession game yet.
I would like a turn. and dwarfing. maybe the sheriff or hammerer!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »

28th Felsite, 107
FINALLY! We have managed to defeat the first great threat to our new outpost, the "damp stone" and have gotten around to constructing workshops and are hollowing out a bedroom area now. I told our carpenter to start making beds for us, because I haven't slept well in ages.

18th Hematite, 107
Well my recent bitterness has been tempered recently, we have received a group of dwarves who managed to brave the sky-fires in order to join our outpost. Also I have discovered that one of our original members is a skilled shieldmaster....strangely he insists that he is a product of a "super soldier" program and he INSISTS on being known as...."Captain Mountainhomes"....odd dwarf, but his skill is quite amazing. Also I expanded the stockpile...it was getting cluttered.

Yeah this guy is crazy good, it just genned him with incredible healing and disease resistance (both untrainable) AND it made him durable to boot with NO bad traits. See for yourself:

So after seeing this page, I did the only reasonable thing a DF player can do. I made a Captain America Dorf. :D

I gave him proficient in both shield use and misc object use because misc is used to calculate shield bash damage. I decided I was gonna cross train him as a pump operator to make his attributes EVEN MORE AWESOME.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30